TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

The original Wildcat (the one Cedar Point built for their 100th anniversary) opened in Maryland last year. I didn't get to ride the wildcat they had before it, but I went to the park last year for the sole purpose of riding the wildcat. It was worth it and better than any trip you could have at Lakemont Park

God dammit there's a new credit at Jolly Roger? I really don't want to go back there. I hate that place. I never understood their obsession with switching out coasters constantly at that location (especially when they replaced a Wildcat with another Wildcat) while at the same time leaving that awful looping star thing on the pier and never replacing it.

I wonder if there is enough money left in the budget for another 2017 coaster project. The expansion of Breakers express is likely at least 6 million plus a couple of million for renovations to the rest of the hotel. But the new wing of Breakers will likely be 30+ million. 100k for a hotel room is normal for cheap hotels, Breakers is likely $200k+ per a room and the wing will have 158 rooms. There is another 5 million for the sports complex. A few million for the water park and Cedar Point is already over $30 or 40 million for 2017 depending on how the cost of Breakers is being spread across 2017 and 2018 capital budgets.

Didn't they use the money from the Soak City in San Diego for the first renovation on Breakers? If they are selling Wildwater Kingdom, then they may be using that money for the second renovation on Breakers. I heard a rumor they may add a resort hotel for Carowinds. I wonder what park they'll sell next for that project?

Didn't they use the money from the Soak City in San Diego for the first renovation on Breakers? If they are selling Wildwater Kingdom, then they may be using that money for the second renovation on Breakers. I heard a rumor they may add a resort hotel for Carowinds. I wonder what park they'll sell next for that project?

I have my money on Michigan's Adventure.

^^ It cost over $50 million for the renovation. You are correct how they paid for that project.

To my knowledge the land at Wildwater Kingdom is still for sale so at this point I do not believe it could be paying for any project.

Some of y'all have no patience! There is still plenty of time for CF to announce they're working with RMC, whether at CP, KD, or even CW! There are blatant hints (isn't that an oxymoron?) about both CF and KD having more to announce, and I'm starting to think that they may be holding off to make all the RMC announcements at the same, or similar time. Maybe not, maybe I'm reading too much into it. But I don't see anything making me think that is the case yet. Patience is a virtue, my friends...

I also think coasterbill's point about the seemingly endless number of S&S Free Fly's Six Flags is looking to put in next year being a significant reason other RMC projects might be down. It's plausible, at least...

They definitely used some of that cash for Breakers (and other things), but that wasn't because they had to. Multi-national corporations with ~$5 billion in valuation can find credit. They chose to not put that debt on the ledgers. It was wise for many reasons.

Did the park say how long the expansion will take at breakers express and the tower at hotel breakers to build?

Feeling it may take some time but feel they'll try to get it done fast.

2017 for express and 2018 for Breakers.

We're going next week Monday-Wednesday. Glad to hear we picked the slow time. My partner has never been to CP so we went ahead and splurged for Fast Lane Plus. I really want to make sure he has the best possible first experience and that he gets as many rides in as possible. We'll definitely be riding Valravn, Millennium Force and Maverick over and over again.

Quick question. We are driving to Cedar Point Sunday and will be arriving around 7-8pm to check into Breakers. Is there a certain cut off time to get into the park? I know they close at 10pm this Sunday and would love to get a couple night rides in after our grueling 11 hour drive!

Mark

^I never recommend Fast Lane anyway, but seriously, you will not likely "need" it that day. I've been going to CP for decades in late August, during the week, and have always found the crowds to be on the low side!

Great! It'll be nice to save a few bucks since this was a last minute decision. Will we still get to all the major coasters, because we only have one day?

^ You should be fine to get on all of the major coasters at least once - your biggest waits will be for Valravn, Maverick, TTD and MF. Everything else should be a short wait or walk on.

Thank you so much for your help. One last question. I haven't been able to keep up on Valravn. How is the ride? Does it live up to the hype?

^ Reviews on here have varied, but we personally LOVED it!

I have been on both of the Busch Gardens dive coasters so having the extra height on this one and the extra elements make it even more fun - a very solid addition to a park that already has a great collection of coasters.

My sister loved it so much that she proclaimed it her new favorite coaster in the park. While I wouldn't personally go that far, it is a great ride. Very smooth, fun and re-rideable (especially with FL+).

I'm sure that you will enjoy it!

I sat in the third car btw.

You people think I'm making this up. See what this guy did? Don't be like him. [emoji38]

The problem with your advice, while I did take it to heart yesterday and actually somewhat enjoyed my ride, is everyone else from TPR is taking your advise and I had to listen to a bunch of coaster enthusiasts talk about the stupidest things for 25 minutes... (cell phone grab from the lift and a protein spill is why the wait was so long)

We're going next week Monday-Wednesday. Glad to hear we picked the slow time. My partner has never been to CP so we went ahead and splurged for Fast Lane Plus. I really want to make sure he has the best possible first experience and that he gets as many rides in as possible. We'll definitely be riding Valravn, Millennium Force and Maverick over and over again.

Quick question. We are driving to Cedar Point Sunday and will be arriving around 7-8pm to check into Breakers. Is there a certain cut off time to get into the park? I know they close at 10pm this Sunday and would love to get a couple night rides in after our grueling 11 hour drive!

Mark

You and me both, buddy! Can't wait. Although, I did not reserve FL ahead of time. Going to judge the crowds on Monday and Tuesday.

I sat in the third car btw.

You people think I'm making this up. See what this guy did? Don't be like him. [emoji38]

The problem with your advice, while I did take it to heart yesterday and actually somewhat enjoyed my ride, is everyone else from TPR is taking your advise and I had to listen to a bunch of coaster enthusiasts talk about the stupidest things for 25 minutes... (cell phone grab from the lift and a protein spill is why the wait was so long)

Wow, I never thought my own advice could backfire. Hopefully I don't have to deal with that on labor day weekend.

Okay, so I'm very new to Halloweekends. And I'm considering visiting since we won a free ticket thanks to the hidden flip flops, but I have no idea how to acquire more tickets for the rest of my party. Do they not go on sale until after the Halloweekends website is up? and also, where can one get a decent discount on them (if possible)? Thanks!