TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

First post here.

Don't all of the rides have security cameras, and wasn't one of the live cams pointing at Raptor? There is not any chance they are releasing those tapes to the public.

Cam 1 is on Gatekeeper and Cam 2 is on Gatekeeper / Wicked Twister. They have been for as few days... not that I spend too much time watching them at the office or anything. The live cams weren't on Raptor.

As far as security cameras I have no idea.

You can see the cameras? Like you...I too just like to gaze and wonder at the park during the day, but the option for the webcams is gone on their website for me.

Yeah it's gone from the website but it's hosted by Pixelcaster and I think they just iframe them in...

http://pixelcaster.com/live/cedarpoint/index.html

http://pixelcaster.com/live/cedarpoint/index2.html

http://pixelcaster.com/live/cedarpoint/index3.html

I would think they would return to the website soon. They're not pointed at Raptor so what's the harm?

EDIT: Pixelcaster hosts some pretty cool non-theme park webcams too like these...

Old Faithful Cam

Yosemite Falls which is clearly not falling right now...

Am I correct in saying that SFoT still has the pouches on NTAG? If so, have they been preventing loose articles from getting lost?

If more coasters had these it could be a very cheap, possibly miracle working solution. Pencil pouches can be found anywhere for like a dollar, and a bag of zip ties is not expensive either.

Yes, I live here 15 minutes from the park and they are great! They have them on Titan as well. But there's no way to have them on a inverted roller coaster like Raptor. We don't have them on our Batman inverted clone here, there's too much space between the rider and the seats in front, and mechanically, there's not a place to mount it on the back of the seats, and the folks in front wouldn't have a place.

I was thinking something along the lines of zip tying them to the restraint handles. I'm sure that somebody would find a way to break it or something.

Some of the Orlando nerds saw this and suggested the idea of metal detectors based on Universal's use of them. There are times where I wish we could cut off Orlando and send it floating to join the rest of the Caribbean.

Something in that article I haven't seen yet:

The coroner added that he was struck from behind in the head.

Ouch. Raptor is easily one of the loudest coasters I have ridden, how do you not hear that thing coming?

It's being reported by a ton of sources that Raptor will open today (and may even be open already).

That would be correct. www.cleveland.com/travel/index.ssf/2015/08/cedar_points_raptor_will_reope.html

I believe the park is doing the right thing here. I know that a lot of paperwork has to be filed with the police, insurance, etc, but there are paying customers, some travelling far distances, who come to the park wanting to experience everything. They shouldn't have to miss out because one person cannot follow the rules.

Gawker's recently run this story as well, but their comment threads actually seem miraculously sane.

Most of them. Of course there's the one moron replying to everything complaining that the park really should have barbed wire fences around all the rides *sigh* but just like the moron who got himself killed...there's always one.

Something in that article I haven't seen yet:

The coroner added that he was struck from behind in the head.

Ouch. Raptor is easily one of the loudest coasters I have ridden, how do you not hear that thing coming?

If he already jumped the fence and retrieved his phone, a small part of me would believe that he was trying to take an up close selfie of the train flying by. Kind of like the guy that tried to take a selfie with a train and got kicked in the head by a conductor.

While reading about the Raptor accident at Cedar Point along with seeing some comments about Universal Studios Orlando, I was reminded of a video of the Jurassic Park ride at IOA from a number of years ago. If you want to watch "stupid" in action, watch the kid in this brief video.

For the people saying that there should be more warnings and precautions, what do you expect them to do, say "If you happen to lose a loose article on the ride, contact one of us." RIGHT AFTER "No loose articles are allowed on this ride." Hmm...

Obviously there should have been signs telling people to read the warning signs...

For the people saying that there should be more warnings and precautions, what do you expect them to do, say "If you happen to lose a loose article on the ride, contact one of us." RIGHT AFTER "No loose articles are allowed on this ride." Hmm...

Obviously there should have been signs telling people to read the warning signs...