TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Chickie's & Pete's will probably be very popular. Whenever I drive past any of their locations near me they are always crowded and the ones on the Boardwalk like in Ocean City, NJ almost always have long lines for the fries. I wonder how much they are going to charge compared to a non park location. The last time I went to one of their restaurant's, the burgers, sandwiches and cheese steaks were almost $9 without fries.

I'm not a seafood fan, but booze and chicken wings are a favorite of mine.

It's not a seafood restaurant. The crab fries don't have crab in them, just seasoning that you'd put on crab. Mainly Old Bay. They're outstanding.

Honestly Cedar Point's food is horrible, but they have some great franchises with Famous Daves, Chick Fil A, TGI Fridays, Pink's and now Chickie and Pete's so you don't have to worry about eating the rest of the crap.

It's worth noting that the Boardwalk Fries cart is pretty good too but not as good as the fries at Chickie and Pete's.

^The full-menu restaurants certainly are. Maybe not in the traditional sense, but they offer various crab and other shellfish items...including a lobster cheesesteak that kicks all sorts of ass.

A few things i would like to say. The frys that you can get on the Gemini Midway are good, and with a plat pass it is a great deal. I wish that we could get beer at normal prices at Chickie and Pete's but we all know that wont happen and also will like to see how that happens, or even just more beer choices . Last why do we need to sports bars at cedar point? I willlike to see what they do with Game day grill in the next few years.

I like this...a lot.

And I will like it even better if they have a full bar and good beer selections to go with those yummy crab fries - although I still like the Happy Friar fries with cheese right across from Gemini.

It always seemed like such a long walk to get from the campground to the Red Garter Saloon or Lusty Lil's for an ice cold beer. Now it will be almost right inside the Breakers/Camper Village gate. Woo-Hoo!

How crowded can CP get during spring break? Obviously the park is like always crowded during the summer, but compare spring break to the summer. Is it on average more or less crowded? And am I correct in saying that the best days to go to The Point (with less crowds) would be weekdays days in May, when people are in school?

How crowded can CP get during spring break? Obviously the park is like always crowded during the summer, but compare spring break to the summer. Is it on average more or less crowded? And am I correct in saying that the best days to go to The Point (with less crowds) would be weekdays days in May, when people are in school?

LOL Cedar Point is up north and opens in May. It doesn't open in time for spring break like Carowinds, KD, Knotts, and Great America.

Not only that, but it depends which weekdays in May. A few years ago, Cedar Point caught on to the dead May days and added Math and Science Week, which causes the park to be packed with middle school kids for an entire week in May. It's usually the first week they're open, in mid-May or so. I'd steer clear of that week.

Due to a horrible forecast of bad weather the previous week, my trip last year was pushed to the day after Memorial Day, and I couldn't be happier that happened. Lines were extremely manageable by CP standards. Heck, Maverick barely had much of a line which is very rare. So I would highly recommend that Tuesday or even that week probably. If you have lots of patience, Sundays in September are usually a joke for attendance, so I'd break out a jacket (usually chilly on the lakeshore in September) and head out to CP. If you can handle some coasters not opening, Fridays in September are also very slow in which you could seriously do everything at CP in a few hours plus re-rides.

It's usually the first week they're open, in mid-May or so. I'd steer clear of that week.

Please don't let this happen!! Just booked our holiday in May, gonna visit CP on monday and tuesday in the first week they're open.

After our first visit in 2007 we really want some 'quite' days, 7 years ago we wondered when we arrived why it was so incredible crowded.......the first weekend of September

Paul

Also, in America, Labor Day weekend is the unofficial last day of summer, so there is a huge rush to theme parks at that time.

Believe me.....now we know waited 2,5 hours for a ride on MF

We were thinking about buying the fastlane option but we wonder if it is really necessary for those two days.

And if we do want to buy them does someone know when the sale begins?

Thanks guys,

Paul

I personally never buy a skip the line pass for any park before I get to the park. My suggestion is to park in the back lot, ride Maverick first and keep riding rides until the lines start getting long for anything in the back of the park. Once you see a line that looks too long, buy Fastlane, if that never happens, don't buy it. Cedar Fair makes Fastlane Plus an easy thing to buy, it's not like Six Flags where it can take up to 45 minutes if you don't get it right away... at Cedar Point just go to any store and you'll have one within 5 minutes. They're not going to sell out on a normal day.

Whatever you do, don't judge this on the line for Raptor or Gatekeeper in the morning. These lines will be huge regardless of how many people are actually in the park. You shouldn't be anywhere near these rides in the morning.

The only time I'd ever buy a skip the line pass without seeing the crowds is if I'm visiting a park on a Saturday in October.

Haven't posted in a while but apparently someone on another site posted filings from the FAA for a 236ft tall "Sling Shot Ride". The filings were made on January 28, 2014 and it looks the coordinates listed put the ride near the Gemini station.

Here is the link for the filing from the FAA website:

https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external/searchAction.jsp?action=displayOECase&oeCaseID=206709165.

And also a link for the map with the coordinates:

http://i.imgur.com/QR1QGR9.jpg.

Seems like an intersting find.