TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review's 2007 Group Trips!

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ agreed

why would it be too late? If your thinking there might already be too many deposits for spots chill. I've so far seen atleast 2 people who were saying "oh i can do it i just need to save money!" and are now thinking "oh, i cant go because ". I really doubt there is any reason to fret about your deposit not making it in. Now if it were september 28 @ 11:59pm, then I would get a little flustered .

I have a question that I don't think I have read anything about. This is my first time using paypal. I received the confirmation from them that the deposit has been sent, but I haven't seen the deposit show up on the credit card that I used. How do I know that the deposit made it?

Sorry if I seem a bit paranoid, but I would really like to go and want to make sure that the deposit made it to where it needed to go in good order.

Thanks,

david

I know everytime I send something with PayPal I get an email confirming it was sent. Why does everyone need yet a further email or confirmation from us? If there was ever a problem, you should have that Paypal confirmation email to fall back on.

--Robb

I went with snail mail, how 1900s is that??

But I wasn't about to pay $5 when I had a month to get it in , especially since it only had to go across L.A. County.

Oh crap, this is supposed to be a thread for questions......

Ummm.......actually I have one that I couldn't seem to find an answer to online. Is Port Aventura's waterpark included with admission to the park? And if so, are you required to wear a speedo like in Belgium?

^^ Sent and received are two different things. I've got my confirmation that it was sent email, but I was wondering the same thing.

I was just waiting to ask tonight in chat. Although I'm not sweating it either way, I assumed you got it and that's good enough for me.

Now let's get back to stupid questions that could be answered if you read the flyer!

The waterpark is not 'included with admission' during the time that we'll be there, but we WILL be getting people at least one day's admission to it! It's going to be HOT in Spain and I think this will be a great way to cool everyone off. I know when the few of us did Splash Landings Waterpark during the Alton day it was really nice!

As for the speedo question...let me go check that out!

That would be AWESOME!

EDIT! - Okay, I can't find specific information on bathing suit requirements but from looking through all of the pictures I see adult men in both, so I'm guessing you'll be okay.

No Elissa that would not be awesome, you've seen me. Me in SPEEDO = Not pretty!

Wow, I'm surprised that it's not included in admission, since it's not real large. Of course, I'm not sure how big any of the water parks are there (such as Aqualandia).

The heat was the reason I was asking. Thank god I lived in Phoenix for 5 years and can stomach the heat. Of course Barcelona is much cooler than say Madrid.

Along those same lines, one of the things that's shaping up really nicely about the Spain trip is that we'll be staying at the Port Aventura Resort for 3 Nights!!!

This will give people the time to do the park, waterpark, other local attractions, beaches, clubs, go into Barcelona, etc.!

And btw, I think you'd still look pretty sexy in a speedo!

^Can't wait to get my deposit in tomorrow...lol...3 nights sound's awesome. I will be checking out the clubs/sites when there is free time. I heard the clubs there are great and the men too

BTW...you guys are awesome for planning this Spain trip.

Any tips/advice for those of us that burn easilly? I realize how hot it's going to be in Spain, but how "strong" is the sun? Is just putting on a single layer of SPF30 going to cut it? Or am I going to fry like a peice of bacon?

That's really the only worry I have about Spain. Getting burnt so bad on the first day that I might not be able to fully enjoy everything from then on out.

Which is is why I might avoid any and all waterparks. I've had a bad habit of getting burnt at water parks when I miss some areas with the sunblock,etc.

When we did Spain and Italy in the past the sun didn't seem so strong, it was more just the heat, humidity and no breeze. Luckily the coastal parks in Spain should at least have a breeze, but it's going to be brutal.

Paul, you'll probably fry! Just bring lots of sunscreen (sweatproof) and be ready to reapply.

I'd love to do one of the overseas trips but I think I should get my feet wet on the Midwest trip first.

I always had plans to do a trip like that (the Midwest) and this offers me the perfect chance. I talked to my friends about possibly doing one but I don't think any of them have their heart in it like I do. This trip expands/alters on my original idea as I was going to do a road trip to Cincy and then go up to do the Geauga Lake and Cedar Point. My return trip had me doing some of the Pennsylvania parks (Kennywood, Dorney, Knoebels, and Hershey) on the way back to Virginia. Assuming I make this trip, I can now plan a separate PA trip.

Overseas in 2008!

Any tips/advice for those of us that burn easilly? I realize how hot it's going to be in Spain, but how "strong" is the sun? Is just putting on a single layer of SPF30 going to cut it? Or am I going to fry like a peice of bacon?

That's really the only worry I have about Spain. Getting burnt so bad on the first day that I might not be able to fully enjoy everything from then on out.

Which is is why I might avoid any and all waterparks. I've had a bad habit of getting burnt at water parks when I miss some areas with the sunblock,etc.

You can come spend a week in Texas to practice!

Matt

I 've been to spain at least 10 times probably in the last 5 years, it can be hot, but it depends where you go. The sun can be really strong and if you burn easily (I do) best to avoid the sun at midday and use SPF25-30. SPF 50 will stop you getting burnt at all.

Barcelona you could expect to be around 32-35'C but Madrid *can* be much hotter. When I went it hit 43'C in July. Unless your from Utah or somewhere, thats probably hotter than you are use to.

That temperature isn't unusal in certain other areas either but none your going to).

PA (which is in Tarragona, an 2 hours south of Barcelona). These places are much cooler being on the coast though.