TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^They did that before S:EFK opened last year.

Yep so does anyone know what those white buildings are in between each of SEFKs track is?

Those little buildings are a retirement community for the Trolls. They've been out of work for over 30 years now and couldn't afford anything nicer.

Or they're where mechanical equipment for the LSM's are kept.

^That's what I was wondering. According to the current park map, it says "backwards", but who knows? They might run one forwards. I suppose they could test the forward car while they test LLDOD. And I wonder if they would turn around one of the new cars or if we will get one of the old cars back. (I know they still have them.) The LSMs are covered up right now.

Also, nice to hear that the first Lex Luthor pieces have come in. I have hope in them now! I kinda had a feeling that that they would come in this week. Hmm..

^I'd say that the Intamin drop tower brakes typically start something like 3/8ths of the way up the tower or so? Somewhere between 1/3rd and 3/8ths. So for a 400-foot tower, you'll still be falling for something like 250-275 feet. Which is the entire height of the Drop Zone (KD) tower with brakes, not including the winch system up top...so you're gonna fall for a while!

^I'd say that the Intamin drop tower brakes typically start something like 3/8ths of the way up the tower or so? Somewhere between 1/3rd and 3/8ths. So for a 400-foot tower, you'll still be falling for something like 250-275 feet. Which is the entire height of the Drop Zone (KD) tower with brakes, not including the winch system up top...so you're gonna fall for a while!

Still, that's an insane drop!