TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Via SFMM twitter account

Wow, those seats sure don't look comfortable at all...lol

Looks really cool and unique.

They're going to put the seats and restraints on after, thats just the outer shell. Most rides and coaster trains start out looking like that.

Via SFMM twitter account

Wow, those seats sure don't look comfortable at all...lol

Looks really cool and unique.

They're going to put the seats and restraints on after, thats just the outer shell. Most rides and coaster trains start out looking like that.

Yes I know, that's why I put the 'lol' after.

Is it just me, or do the colors and initial looks of the vehicle make it look like part of a frog hopper?

EDIT: This has already been said, so I guess I am not crazy.

Edited by MrSum1_55

First it's "they aren't even starting building yet what the heck!" now it's "those colors aren't what I want'" and it's pretty sad to think all people have to share is a complaint about the colors. I actually think a green track going down the side of the Superman tower would look awesome. Why wouldn't red, blue, yellow and green look good together?

I actually think it will work out and end up looking great! It's exciting to see the car and parts arriving.

First it's "they aren't even starting building yet what the heck!" now it's "those colors aren't what I want'" and it's pretty sad to think all people have to share is a complaint about the colors. I actually think a green track going down the side of the Superman tower would look awesome. Why wouldn't red, blue, yellow and green look good together?

I actually think it will work out and end up looking great! It's exciting to see the car and parts arriving.

Never said they aren't the colors I wanted.. just voicing my opinion since this is a public forum.

Again, just an opinion..

Just a quick question or thought. In the video rendering when released by a park it usually pretty accurate in detail as we noticed by the color scheme of the carriage. Its been noted that both carriages will work in unison together versus operating independently. I believe screamscape recently was reporting this on their site. However in the video rendering it appears they do operate in their own instance. It would seem this would be better for capacity reasons versus waiting for both to load and drop and reload in one cycle. At any rate i congratulate MM for adding a drop tower / flat ride, the complaining of construction or color scheme has no or little effect on the GP who will come out to ride the largest drop. Keep in mind the closest thing you can do to this type of freefall besides sky-diving, bunging jumping at this height comes with a very large upcharge. Thanks MM for raising the bar once again.

the complaining of construction or color scheme has no or little effect on the GP who will come out to ride the largest drop.

True..

As for operating both sides at once or one after the other, as well as running Superman at the same time, well, this is SFMM.

So, having the possibility of running all 4 rides (two superman towers, two drop towers) we'll probably see one run at a time.

/cynicism.

I agree we will probably only see all 4 rides opoerating at the same time on media day only or maybe a few days afterwards. But in what was posted and read on other sites it seemed as thought the mechanical function of the drop tower was going to be installed so both sides lifted and dropped together. Which if this is the case it moves the line slower, and if one side needed maintenance would it close the other side also? Either way its a great addition that is needed, now if SFMM can only create a land of flats in the park. Its sad so many other 6F parks have plenty of flats to balance the park and MM still with quality landspace has a very limited and outdated collection.

Yeah, regardless of how they operate it, I think it will be awesome, and I'm looking forward to it.

In fact, I'm actually quite apprehensive about riding it. I did the 300' (approx) tower at King's Island, but, for some reason, that extra 100 feet is scaring me.

We'll see..