TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2218 - Wonder Woman Roller Coaster for 2022!

^ You can't get back there to get construction pics. The park has been posting construction photos on their FB (well, they did last week)

I know that, but you can see it from the sky tower at least, and also on the initial drop on Riddler. I'm not saying take a camera on Riddler (that's dangerous on that ride / and prohibited), but if not pictures some commentary would be nice. I just looked and their facebook pictures are from last week. with no track construction, only vertical beams.

Edited by coasternut

With Social Networking, the park has been really good about posting pics ... they even let us use the pics they uploaded to FB last week for our MiceChat update today.

I'm sure with construction kicking into high gear they will be updating soon.

Also couldn't hurt to post on their FB wall asking when the next construction update will be. If they know people are interested in seeing them they may get somebody out there to take some pics.

^ Goliath isn't closed. Check out the rides list on the Magic Mt. home page. Batman The Ride is listed as closed, but Goliath isn't. Figuring June 5th is right after school lets out, the park will be packed, and they'll need every ride open that week, including Goliath.

So is Batman: The Ride just going to stay closed until construction ends shortly before Memorial Day?

Yes, this way they (M.M.) can accelerate the ride construction dramatically. Additional work will be going on at the Back Lot area too.

I thought everybody here would be interested in this link, with has 5 photos of the closed Gotham City area, and some photos of what's going on to the flat rides. If you scroll down within the comments, more photos of Green Lantern and Road Runner Express construction photos.

Tim

Thanks Tim for trying, but old news. I guess we've got to wait for the park to post new photos on their facebook page. Nothing new as of right now, since I just checked. Maybe someone will go up the sky tower, and give us an update since we can't see it.

Hi Alllll. I am an Ohio boy coming out to LA this month and plan on hitting SFMM. To be honest, I've never been to a SF park, so what is the best way to get a cheap ticket? I saw they can sell online for as low as $35. Is that the cheapest they get? is there a decent AAA discount there? How about soda cans or grocery receipts?

Online is probably your best bet. They generally have a deal if you bring a coke can.

The Coke can deal this year is $25 off general admission, so it is the same if you just bought it online. Plus you can save time by not being in the ticket line at the park.

Question about Flashpass: I just bought mine for my trip (first time!) in June and it says you can pay extra to reserve a seat on X2... Super excited to ride it but does anyone know exactly how much that extra charge is? And is it worth it? Just paid $161 for 3 person gold pass. Thanks!

I just bought one last week. It is now $15 per ride of X2 if you buy the flash pass. In other words, if you want to ride X2 twice, you will pay $30 extra. You only need a flashpass if you go on a busy day. On what day will you be visiting?

I'm going on Monday June 20th

I was randomly checking out the SFMM Facebook Page and came across an interesting topic. The Metro trains have finally left the park!

Just before 6 PM local time, the red and yellow trains were on the back of flatbed trucks on The Old Road headed for the freeway. Definitely caused a double-take as I was driving down the 5.

I was checking the facebook page too about the Metro Trains. Here's a link to The Coast Guy.com, with photos of the trucks hauling them away. I wonder, will they be tearing down the old Metro Station, and planning to build something on that location, and wonder if all the Metro Track throughout the park be removed. It should be interesting to watch for.

http://www.thecoasterguy.com/index.php/2011/05/03/the-metro-monorail-finally-removed-at-six-flags-magic-mountain/

-Tim

I'd love to see the track come down and the stations leveled. Now that the trains are gone, the whole thing should be removed properly, not SBNO track around the park. We'll see if that happens... Glad to see that something is finally happening with it.

I only went on Metro once, and from what I can remember (when I was only 4 or 5) the ride was kind of crappy, and the trains were kind of beat up (again, this was 10-11 years ago, and I might be mixing up my memories with the monorail in Seattle). Oh well, at least hardcore monorail enthusiasts don't have anything to whine about anymore.