TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2228 - Wonder Woman Flight of Courage REAL POV!

I totally forgot about the lanyards! Also, I think some people are misinterpreting the top hat deal. Pretty sure they mean its a first-of-its-kind top hat, not the world's first top hat. However, the marketing for it is easy to get confused by, and just plain hilarious to make fun of it!

No, see, this is the first ever "Top Hat at 160 feet." This really opens the door for future marketing on virtually ANY attraction. "First ever 192.5' lift hill on a wooden coaster!" "First ever 80' circumference loop!" or "First ever coaster to decelerate to zero in under 5 seconds!"

In all seriousness though the ride looks better and better with each piece of track they install! Getting excited!

What in the hell do Dragster and Kingda Ka have if they aren't top hats? They are 400 + feet??? What makes 160 feet so special....

No, it's completely silly! Even Xcelerator, Stealth, and Zaturn have top hats over 200 feet tall and I'm pretty sure that iSpeed's is over 160. It's SFMM marketing at its finest! #YOLO!!!

I totally forgot about the lanyards! Also, I think some people are misinterpreting the top hat deal. Pretty sure they mean its a first-of-its-kind top hat, not the world's first top hat. However, the marketing for it is easy to get confused by, and just plain hilarious to make fun of it!

No, see, this is the first ever "Top Hat at 160 feet." This really opens the door for future marketing on virtually ANY attraction. "First ever 192.5' lift hill on a wooden coaster!" "First ever 80' circumference loop!" or "First ever coaster to decelerate to zero in under 5 seconds!"

In all seriousness though the ride looks better and better with each piece of track they install! Getting excited!

What in the hell do Dragster and Kingda Ka have if they aren't top hats? They are 400 + feet??? What makes 160 feet so special....

First Top Hat at 160 Feet! Hey you know its not everyday that you can go 160 feet in the air,YOLO!!!!

Edit:Robb's #YOLO! gave me a great idea! add it to your signature! gotta spread the YOLOing!

OKAY NOW, the YOLO name needs to be retired in this thread. Until opening day when we ride and scream YOLO at launch.

Arr, YOLO we sez, until the captain sez otherwise, ye mutinous dog!

Sorry--was watching Captain Blood on DVD this evening. Pirate Mode disengaged.

OKAY NOW, the YOLO name needs to be retired in this thread. Until opening day when we ride and scream YOLO at launch.

Try typing the words "full" and "throttle" consecutively in a post. See what happens.

I'm going to say it will be open sometime in June.

of 2014?

I don't understand why people assume it will necessarily take long to open. If I recall, Tatsu had a mid-May opening. Yes, the mechanics of this ride may be somewhat different, perhaps more complex, but at the same time, it's not something that much more advanced than a typical roller coaster. With the current progress, I'd expect it to be open by May

Great update! I really like how it's coming along. I can't wait to ride a YOLO coaster, and then eat some Come At Me Bro chips! I wonder what severely dated phrase they are going to use next! Maybe a Living La Vida Loca ride, or a OMG Chicken Basket!

I can't wait to ride a YOLO coaster, and then eat some Come At Me Bro chips!

LMAO! Just listen to how ridiculous that all sounds. And it's not like we are making this stuff up either! Seriously, they might as well just embrace it. YOLOwings and YOLOfries. And sell YOLOswag in the gift shop!

I like the idea of doing a contest to help SFMM's marketing come up with more clever names for their YOLO lifestyle products!

Now, I would really love to see Premier build a "real" multi launcher (not one with an average of 15 seconds between each launch), to see how it would stack up against Mack, Zierer, and Intamin installations. I think they could make a very excellent product, but sadly, the client request did not allow for their full potential.

You do realize that coaster manufacturers like Premier design rides based on the customer's needs, right? They're going to build whatever the customer is willing to pay for and that's that. If Six Flags was only willing to pay for what they got with Full Throttle, Premier isn't going to come back and say "nah we'll add another 2000 feet of track free of charge" just so they can satisfy the coaster enthusiasts of America. Sure, if a park is willing to pay the right kind of money, then maybe we'll see that "real" multi-launcher that you speak of. But this is a business and as cliche as it sounds, you get what you pay for. Although I really don't think Full Throttle's as small as everyone is making it out to be.

You do realize that coaster manufacturers like Premier design rides based on the customer's needs, right? They're going to build whatever the customer is willing to pay for and that's that.

Of course he realizes it. You even quoted the part where he said he realizes it:

I think they could make a very excellent product, but sadly, the client request did not allow for their full potential.

Please try to READ someone's full post before you respond being rude to them.