TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

The ride looks like it could ready to open in a couple weeks but what’s going to delay this into August or longer is the DC universe area leading into the ride. The last aerial view I saw a couple weeks ago the whole place was practically all dirt. With the ride being finished and testing now maybe they will really pick up on the area. Anyone know what’s replacing the old atom smasher/flash ride or are they just making a giant concrete pad there?

I agree.  There's still a lot of work to do in the area it self.  A lot of concrete hasn't even been poured on most of the walkways.

Atom Smasher is gone from that area.  There was a rumor that it was going to be moved to Pistachio Park/Swiss Twist area, but that plan seems to have been scrapped.  It either may move to another park, or get scrapped entirely.  FWIW, you can still see the cars from Scream, they're being stored right behind the batwing element. 

There's something being outlined in the ground where it was, but it's hard to say if it'll be a small building (like a snack station), or landscaping.

I don't think it's necessarily too big for a flat ride.  I'd guess it's nearly a perfect size for an Endeavor. 

Also was at the park today, and while DoD was down, from Goliath, the area is nearly 50% paved.  I will give them some credit, because it's largely designed concrete with some patterns to it, not just a single color slurry.

Can also say with some confidence that the area where The Flash was is going to be just landscaping.  There's a small curved, bone-shaped curb in that spot.  Not walls, just a curb.  Still a fair amount of room behind it... maybe an OVD?

The building going up between WW:FoC and Batman is maybe 65% done externally, if that.  At first I thought it'd be retail, but I'm now suspecting it'll be a new food service location.  Just a gut feeling, but they did tear out the old food location (Titans Pizza), so I would suspect this will be the replacement.  I think that, and the pavement, will be the big hold ups for the area.  If they can get the pavement done, and at least the external part of the new building, I could see them opening up the area for the rides, and opening up the food (or whatever will be inside the building) later on.  It'd be pushing it, but it's not out of the question it could be done to that point in 3-4 weeks.   The Round Up, aside from signage and placing the character cut outs, looks totally ready to go... it's been repainted, and the tarps in the center part of the ride have been replaced and are all blue.

On 6/26/2022 at 10:26 PM, Superbatboy said:

A large flat ride would be perfect for the left over Tidal Wave area

Sir, this is Magic Mountain.  What are "flat rides?"

• Haha 2

I had to read it twice to make sure it didn't say 2023. Color me impressed.

I can only imagine the comments full of MAGAts complaining about the "equality" part of the catchphrase LOL. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, CedarFlags said:

I noticed a lot of landscaping and foliage around the ride in the animated POV... what do we think the odds are of any of that actually happening?

I’m just hoping we actually get the giant WW sign

In this day where a park can simply call a known crew of social media bloggers, which will give the park additional free publicity, I feel the age of open call riders are going to be a thing of the past.

22 hours ago, CedarFlags said:

Anybody got the scoop on promo filming?  I remember there was an open call for riders when Twisted Colossus was new, but with these small 12 person trains, I wonder if they'll bother finding outside help.

They've also used plain clothed employees in the past for that.

1 hour ago, KBrylczyk said:

^ At this point I don't think it's possible to do anything more beside literally frisking each person as they board the train.

They could very easily implement a metal detector system like Cedar Fair has done on their RMCs.  There was nothing in place at SFMM at Twisted Colossus when I visited in December.

Sucks for those of us with zipper pockets and no intention of bringing out a phone on rides, but such is life.  I feel like these locker and loose article policies will probably creep into a lot of parks on major rides eventually, but it comes down to how they're enforced.  Great Adventure has their policies, but last week I still saw many people making it past the employees carrying cell phones, and nothing was said or done.  Whereas we all know how much more seriously it's taken on rides like Steel Vengeance and Twisted Timbers.

Can't believe even phone's owner was so irresponsible! 

This is the reason why roller coasters in my country strictly say 'no' to smartphones on the ride. One park I know even displays one damaged smartphone they found below the coaster, adding the fact it hit another rider on the hand, causing the injury. I think it was 'T-Express'. 

답글

• Haha 1