TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Quick question for the SFMM pros. I'm used to going to DL where I can shove backpacks, fanny packs and purses on just about any ride. I'm pretty sure I know the backpack rule...what about purses and fannypacks? Can you get on rides with them on or stick them in a cubby or fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo?

Are there fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo you can reserve for the day? If so, where are they located?

The general rule is if it doesn't fit in your pockets, it can't ride with you. So no purses or fanny packs. Many rides have fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo at the entrance, or you can put your stuff on the station platform on all rides (except X2, where they force you to pay $1 for a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo). There's a deal where for like $10 you can move your stuff from fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo to fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo at each of the rides an

Unlimited number of times all day as well. If you want an all-day fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo, there are some near the entrance behind Guest Relations next to the Flash Pass Center.

Thank you! Great information

TNR is a disaster. They can't clean and charge the headsets fast enough to fill and dispatch the trains, even with 5-7 minute dispatches. Around half the trains are only sent half full (or with single riders filling the other half). The employees are working really really hard and it's not their fault that everything goes so slowly. They need about three times as many headsets as they have with how many are malfunctioning and how many die every few cycles. About 20% of the riders on each train get to reride because the VR didn't work for them. Plus, I enjoyed my ride in the front row without VR a lot more than any of my rides with VR.

Yeah, the VR on revolution is a waste of life

Joker may have been an amazing ride, but the most amazing ride experience of the year would definitely have to go to the VR on The New Revolution. It really was amazing and added so much more to the ride than I thought it would after hearing the initial announcement. Hopefully by this time a few years from now every coaster in every park will have a VR option available to those who enjoy it

Joker may have been an amazing ride, but the most amazing ride experience of the year would definitely have to go to the VR on The New Revolution. It really was amazing and added so much more to the ride than I thought it would after hearing the initial announcement. Hopefully by this time a few years from now every coaster in every park will have a VR option available to those who enjoy it

It is amazing you have not been banned yet.....

I'm sorry you disagree with my opinion. Am I not allowed to express it?

Just messin with you man....If that is what you think, you are in a small minority, but yes, it is OK! For what it is worth, I liked it too, but one time. I prefer it without the VR. And as you read through the posts in this thread, the VR often does not work, and when it does, it slows things down immensely. I think this would have been a great thing to do for a short period of time, then retire it. No hard feelings I hope Mater...I really was just messin around.

Question about the New Revolution, do you have to wear the VR headset or can you opt out?

You can opt out and even skip the line by going to the fast pass entrance. If you're riding with people who want to wear the helmet, you'll have to wait in line though. The only other VR coaster I've ridden allowed you to opt out, but did not have a "skip the line" option when I rode it.

Thanks! Sorry for the random question I was just curious. I definitely want to check out a VR coaster one of these days.

^Count me out as far as VR goes. I hope this is a fad that goes away quickly. The first time I tried it, it didn't work. The second time the video was slightly off from the ride and it made me queezy. The third time it finally worked, but after trying 3 times it completely lost it's freshness. It was already lame. I rode it 4 more times in the front row and enjoyed the ride for what it was. Me, and my 2 LA room mates deceided that the VR was a cheap gimmick. Good by VR, you won't see me crying when your gone. Don't let the doorknob hit ya on the way out.

. There's a deal where for like $10 you can move your stuff from fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo to fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo at each of the rides an Unlimited number of times all day as well.

That is perfect. I wish Cedar Point had that system. I spent 10-15 bucks on storage throughout the day, trying to limit constantly going in and out, and I never had any of my stuff with me. And then I'd have to schlep back to where the last location was that I used. It was such a pain. I would have gladly paid a 10-20 dollar flat fee to be able to store my stuff for one ride, then take it with me to another and store it there.

Magic Mountain did something right, you guys!

Dropped in today from 5 PM to 9. The park was busier than I was hoping considering it was a Tuesday. Seemed like there were 15 - 30 minute waits on most rides.

- Twisted Colossus - This was my first visit to the park since 2013, so I was super excited to get my first ride (and first RMC credit!!). Lady Luck was on my side as I got double duels for my first ride ever. It was balanced out by double missed duels on my second ride...and it's just not the same without it. Still, it's a capacity monster (by sfmm standards) and finally a source of bona-fide ejector airtime in California. That first drop on blue...it's not quite at the El Toro-tier but god-damn is it good. Line was almost to the entrance all day.

- Lex Luthor Drop of Doom - Good ride. Same as ever. 15 minute wait.

- Apocalypse - It's funny how only six years after its installation this ride has already acquired the temperament of its predecessor. Two trains, but slow dispatches. 15 min wait.

Tatsu - Both stations operating! Thank god because each train takes like 4 minutes to load. Two-train operation. Line was to e Very reasonable 15 minute wait.

Ninja - Two train operation, walk on. I Noticed the transfer tracks were totally empty. Where'd the other train(s) go? I thought they had another one or two they used for parts.

Superman - Running both sides. Skipped because I mean it just feels like you're waiting in that dark room forever for the doors to open. Yet when you stand underneath the tower it seems like there's an ear-splitting launch every minute. That is the Superman paradox.

Revolution - New paint looked purty. Line looked ridiculous and I didn't want a non-VR ride so I skipped.

Checked the last few pages of posts and didn't see anything.... I'm headed to the park Friday and Saturday. Is everything running for the most part? Any closures to be aware of? Looking forward to TNR both with and without the VR, and looking forward to more TC. Thanks guys!

Ninja - Two train operation, walk on. I Noticed the transfer tracks were totally empty. Where'd the other train(s) go? I thought they had another one or two they used for parts.
In 2014 Ninja hit a tree branch that had fallen on the track, derailing and dangling the train in the air. The train was heavily damaged and they had to combine it with the former parts train to regain a working second train, so now there's just two total. That's also why there are far less trees in the area now.

1075751139_ninjaversustree(1).jpg.d488f9fa1328cc338d767cca818470c9.jpg

1374939741_ninjaversustree(2).jpg.04566e778cdc554c990a451d9ee8eee2.jpg

235265658_ninjaversustree(3).jpg.dece0b9b09964eb0f169044ef42c8824.jpg

I freaked out for a second when I saw those pictures. I thought it happened again!

Does Six Flags plan on replanting some of those trees, or will they play it safe and leave the area bare? One of my favorite parts about Ninja is swinging through the trees, but after riding it last May that feeling was lost.

From what I remember a lot of trees have been planted around the area, but it will be awhile before you will see the result. Hopefully Ninja remains at SFMM into the future so that we can experience the swinging through the trees like before. I have my doubts.

I actually went on them just a few days ago. To me, they don't seem any different, just newer and more colorful. But I also only visit this park about once every 2-3 years, so I may not be the best judge.

That said, I will say that I saw at least 3 kids all say they wanted the orange slide (the one that more or less goes straight down), peer over the edge, get a very doubtful look over the face, then suddenly change their minds and do a different slide.

Is anyone else kind of surprised we have not heard any NEW rumors for the 2017 ride since like April? Usually there are at least teasers or some more concrete rumors as it gets closer to the announce date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is anyone else kind of surprised we have not heard any NEW rumors for the 2017 ride since like April? Usually there are at least teasers or some more concrete rumors as it gets closer to the announce date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's still only mid-July, so I'm not too surprised. At this time last year, we had zero clue that they were going to renovate Revolution. The only Six Flags parks we've really heard anything from are SFGAdv and SFOG, right?