TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Wait did nobody else catch this? You rode Batman 50 times without getting off? lol wtf how did you not spew vomit with your internal organs mashed to pieces?

i tell you, i had some endurance back then. but i did stop at 50. i've also done 50 of canyon blaster too. with maybe having to get off once or twice. that was an ERT event. viper 57 times in 4 hours. today, i barely got 10 on canyon blaster last year sometime. that was alternating between that and el loco cause they wouldn't let me stay on. i used to try to marathon spin out. hahaha

so when people say green lantern is smooth, i just assume they have that iron head like i must have had back 20 years ago. it's definitely gone now, or the rides just suck now. lol

Wow. Dollywood just cannot win with that coaster. Sounds like Twisted Colossus is not affected.

Really reminds me of the X disaster at Magic Mountain. I think X was a lot worse (opened a YEAR later than originally slated), but information communication was a tad bit less back then, and the park didn't have to deal with so many internet complainers. Kinda like Superman, it was in that period of time where Magic Mountain really didn't have to say anything, the steel structures could sit there silent, and could take as long as they wanted to get the thing up and running without the public breathing down their neck on social media.

I think what really boggles me which I'm sure is causing the most issues, is a launched lift on a wooden coaster? I mean, why? I get it on Maverick because it's steel, but wood is a tad more flexible and that to me just screams "problems" when you have 2 magnets that have to pass through each other with very peculiar sensors. Maybe if they made the lift track all steel Gemini like, and the rest how they did it that would be fine, but good gawd what a headache.

X was not delayed by a year that was Superman The Escape!!!

Hi,

I'm new to this forum.

I was searching the internet about SFMM and this was the first forum to come up, nice forum.

We want to visit SFMM on Monday June 27th but are afraid to have very long waiting times for each attraction.

Of course like everyone, we don't want that.

It's because i want to go in many of the rollercoasters but my girlfriend isn't doing much of those.

Now i'm wondering for which coasters is there a single riders line? Does anyone have an overview of that?

Thanks in advance!

Greetings,

Bougie

I went to SFOG on the 19th and seen their 2017 construction boards up. Is there anything special at MM teasing about their plans?

Nothing yet. I was there yesterday and the dirt is still dirt.

Looks like those PVC pipes are full of electrical wiring, that was the only thing I noticed.

Twisted Colossus was either running one train or not running at all. I only ever saw the blue train in the station.

Also, it was hotter than the devil's... and completely dead as a result. Apparently 113 is a wee bit too hot to go.

Hi,

I'm new to this forum.

I was searching the internet about SFMM and this was the first forum to come up, nice forum.

We want to visit SFMM on Monday June 27th but are afraid to have very long waiting times for each attraction.

It's because i want to go in many of the rollercoasters but my girlfriend isn't doing much of those.

Now i'm wondering for which coasters is there a single riders line? Does anyone have an overview of that?

Thanks in advance!

Greetings,

Bougie

Hi there Bogie,

The Single Rider Rides Are:

+Riddler's Revenge

+Lex Luther: Drop of Doom (This is the drop tower on the side of Superman)

+Viper

+The New Revolution (No VR for single rider, but you'll practically get front row every time)

I don't like to rank rides in order because it changes a lot so I rank them in tiers. Tier 1 are the best rides and Tier 5 are the worst. If you want the biggest thrills and best rides, look at tier one.

Tier 1:

+Tatsu

+X2

+Twisted Colossus

+Superman: Escape from Krypton

+Full Throttle (AKA Full Throttle)

Tier 2:

+Batman

+The New Revolution (VR is ok, but the lines because of it are horrendous, so make this your first ride if you want to do it)

+Goliath

+Scream (It is very rattly so be warned)

+Roaring Rapids (Water Ride, its a very fun ride if you don't mind getting wet)

Tier 3:

+Ninja

+Apocalypse (If your okay with getting the crap beat out of you)

+Riddler's Revenge

Tier 4:

+Gold Rusher (Jerky mine train)

+Road Runner Express

+Viper (I've heard mixed reviews, but overall, people don't like it due to head banging)

Tier 5:

+Speedy Gonzales Hot Rod Racers

+Canyon Blaster (You can't get on the ride without a kid)

+Magic Flyer (Ditto what was said above)

Make sure you start your day with The New Revolution with VR, because a short line took my friend and I when we went 75 minutes! You can always ride in the front using single rider without VR later (The headsets don't calibrate in the front, so it will almost always be a walk on with single rider). If Superman: Escape from Krypton is open, ride the Helpful Honda Express (the tram ride located right near the carousel) up the hill and ride it, it is known to break down a lot. After that, then go do Twisted Colossus. After Twisted Colossus, enjoy the park. Everyone runs to X2 when the park opens, just wait until 2 o'clock and it is almost always a walk on. If you need any more help comment below and I'll be happy to help. Hope you have a great day!

-Mr. Corn

Hi,

I'm new to this forum.

Thanks in advance!

Greetings,

Bougie

Hi there Bogie,

Make sure you start your day with The New Revolution with VR, because a short line took my friend and I when we went 75 minutes! You can always ride in the front using single rider without VR later (The headsets don't calibrate in the front, so it will almost always be a walk on with single rider). If Superman: Escape from Krypton is open, ride the Helpful Honda Express (the tram ride located right near the carousel) up the hill and ride it, it is known to break down a lot. After that, then go do Twisted Colossus. After Twisted Colossus, enjoy the park. Everyone runs to X2 when the park opens, just wait until 2 o'clock and it is almost always a walk on. If you need any more help comment below and I'll be happy to help. Hope you have a great day!

-Mr. Corn

I will be there next week as well. So, riding New Revolution before TC is the way to go now eh?

I'll be buying Platinum Flash passes - if I get there at opening I would assume it's still a good idea to hit up rides in the order above prior to picking up my Flash Passes?

Hi,

I'm new to this forum.

Thanks in advance!

Greetings,

Bougie

Hi there Bogie,

-Mr. Corn

I will be there next week as well. So, riding New Revolution before TC is the way to go now eh?

I'll be buying Platinum Flash passes - if I get there at opening I would assume it's still a good idea to hit up rides in the order above prior to picking up my Flash Passes?

I went yesterday and because of the weather the park was oddly slow. 20 min waits. Always wait until the day of to get a fast pass.

So, riding New Revolution before TC is the way to go now eh?

Even though the TC line can get packed, it moves fast because the ops need keep the trains cycling at a good pace. The NR line is atrocious due to the VR. You'd think strapping a cellphone to your face wouldn't be that hard, but it seems that for every dispatch there's at least one or two devices that are broken and need to be replaced before the ride can start. Unless the line is unusually short (or you happen to be a fan of video games) I'd ride without the VR device and skip the line altogether. Worth doing once if you've never seen it before, but it's a cheap gimmick and not worth an extensive wait.

So, riding New Revolution before TC is the way to go now eh?

Even though the TC line can get packed, it moves fast because the ops need keep the trains cycling at a good pace. The NR line is atrocious due to the VR. You'd think strapping a cellphone to your face wouldn't be that hard, but it seems that for every dispatch there's at least one or two devices that are broken and need to be replaced before the ride can start. Unless the line is unusually short (or you happen to be a fan of video games) I'd ride without the VR device and skip the line altogether. Worth doing once if you've never seen it before, but it's a cheap gimmick and not worth an extensive wait.

Wait, so if I don't want to ride with VR I can skip the line? How?

Walk up the exit ramp, go under the lift hill straight to the station (or down the steps from that pathway close to Viper), and somebody will open the gate and let you onto the front seat. The walk up the station is more thrilling than the VR headset IMO

Walk up the exit ramp, go under the lift hill straight to the station (or down the steps from that pathway close to Viper), and somebody will open the gate and let you onto the front seat. The walk up the station is more thrilling than the VR headset IMO

Is this the same spot you enter with a Flash Pass?

Plus, many times there is nobody waiting for the front car when you get back from your ride, and you can stay on. Just ask very nicely...I have never been refused. Last time there, I got 4 in a row. I have done the VR, and agree that it is a good "one and done" on the VR. Much better without the VR.