TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Both of these new RMCs look absolutely incredible and will undoubtedly be among the top of a lot of people's rankings, I really don't understand why there is a competition between the two. SFMM is closer to me so Twisted Colossus is definitely the more anticipated coaster, but Wicked Cyclone is mind blowing. It makes me want to travel out to SFNE and experience the kick ass RMC it will be, not burn it down like some people in this thread would be keen to doing.

I don't understand where these ignorant comments are coming from.

They seem to be coming mostly from the greater Massachusetts area.

Actually, they seem to be coming from both sides. It's stupid to speculate on which ride looks better when neither are not completed yet. It's also stupid to speculate which ride is better when nobody can ride them yet.

TC is looking amazing! I am loving the colors the more and more I am seeing them! I can NOT wait to ride this coaster. It looks like it is going to be a winner. I agree with others, the fact you get to experience the amazing drop TWICE is simply amazing! I can NOT wait to see the green drop in place!

Both of these new RMCs look absolutely incredible and will undoubtedly be among the top of a lot of people's rankings, I really don't understand why there is a competition between the two. SFMM is closer to me so Twisted Colossus is definitely the more anticipated coaster, but Wicked Cyclone is mind blowing. It makes me want to travel out to SFNE and experience the kick A$$ RMC it will be, not burn it down like some people in this thread would be keen to doing.

I think TC and WC will end up being RMCs best coasters to date so that's why there is constant comparison. Not to mention both rides were announced on the same day so it's only natural they'd be compared to one another.

^ Yes, I think it's only natural that they be compared, they even share a few of the same elements (double down drops, stalls and zero g). WC is more of a relentless in structure Twister, while TC is more double out and back.

I don't mind the comparisons, it's the stupid fanboy crap that is annoying. RMC doesn't make anything less than awesome coasters, so anyone that acts like they're getting one coaster right while screwing up the other (which so happens to be the one NOT nearest to them) is full of it.

Does anyone think before they post? Or is it the thinking part that is flawed?

I dont think so, kinda of how people thought there was going to be 2 loading stations for the longest time when looking at the video+press release easily answered that question

I am SOOO excited and these photos are making me even more excited! I seriously cannot wait for the opening. I must be there when it opens. Also, In a photo awhile back in the thread with the postcard of the layout there was a blue train I think. So if I am correct, there will be purple, red, blue and maybe another?? Orange would be nice.

Is there a difference that I'm not catching between TC's "top gun stall" and the "zero-g stall" that's currently on Goliath SFGA? They seem like the same thing?

I guess one difference I see is the zero-g stall on Goliath SFGA doesn't completely flip the riders around, but rolls the riders out of the inversion back in the same direction in came in from (if that makes sense)?

Is there a difference that I'm not catching between TC's "top gun stall" and the "zero-g stall" that's currently on Goliath SFGA? They seem like the same thing?

I guess one difference I see is the zero-g stall on Goliath SFGA doesn't completely flip the riders around, but rolls the riders out of the inversion back in the same direction in came in from (if that makes sense)?

you get to keep up foreign relations on TC.