TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Scream's colors and name will not be changing :x

in that new video they say it will be getting new colors.

also shown in the video are is where the new wood down low showing support going thru the old track. so, besides the construction guy saying that old track will probably stay, it does seem like that's what may happen.

Twisted Collossus is looking really nice so far. Since it sounds like Scream is getting a new paint job with possibly new colors hopefully they get rid of that parking lot underneath it or disguise it with some plants or rocks or something, especially since that area of the park is getting the new Screampunk theme.

Seeing that MCBR starting to get dismantled brings me a great sense of joy. That more than anything else absolutely destroyed the pacing of this ride. I have very fond memories of that double down and am glad to see the demolition of the MCBR that it sits upon. It truly was IMHO the greatest blemish on Colossus's originally pretty face.

When I was on Scream this Saturday I saw new Scream train parts laying on the ground. They are blue and yellow. So I'm guessing the new paint job of the track will still be blue and yellow.

i'm glad they are getting a real sign for Scream. they said "3D". would be nice if it's like Banshee or Gatekeeper. i really like those.

I always thought that S:UF at SFDK had the strongest ejector airtime in CA. Twisted Colossus will indeed have much more airtime.

It does right now, if you sit in the back row. I think Twisted Colossus will overtake it though.

Oh yes, the back row. I first rode that coaster in the 6th row, and it was a very fine experience. That's where I got my measurement from.

Sunday Review:

- the X2 crew was shockingly dispatching pretty quick with two trains (usually one train was leaving right as the other one was arriving) ... finally got a chance to ride in the first row ... WOW, even better!!!

- Tatsu was also dispatching relatively quick off two trains! rode first row here as well, so good

- Apocalypse is back to running one train, one hour line around 5:15pm (skipped it)

- Green Lantern, Riddler's, Batman = were all of these down? I didn't see a single train run on them

- the DC Universe holiday lights.... half of the lights in the canopy didn't even work!!! HUGE bummer!

- Scream broke down around 5:30pm, when I got to my car in the lot around 6:30pm it was back up!

- that Christmas Tree fountain = uhhh, I hope they come up with something better next year :x

Overall, the holiday in the park was good, but it wasn't mind blowing (wasn't expecting that, but I did hope) ... the dead lights in DC Universe really made that whole light-syncing show a bust, good thing I'm coming back one more time :/. The whole area by Tatsu (winter wonderland) was great!!!!! If only the entire park was like this

Sunday Review:

- the X2 crew was shockingly dispatching pretty quick with two trains (usually one train was leaving right as the other one was arriving) ... finally got a chance to ride in the first row ... WOW, even better!!!

- Tatsu was also dispatching relatively quick off two trains! rode first row here as well, so good

- Apocalypse is back to running one train, one hour line around 5:15pm (skipped it)

- Green Lantern, Riddler's, Batman = were all of these down? I didn't see a single train run on them

- the DC Universe holiday lights.... half of the lights in the canopy didn't even work!!! HUGE bummer!

- Scream broke down around 5:30pm, when I got to my car in the lot around 6:30pm it was back up!

- that Christmas Tree fountain = uhhh, I hope they come up with something better next year :x

Overall, the holiday in the park was good, but it wasn't mind blowing (wasn't expecting that, but I did hope) ... the dead lights in DC Universe really made that whole light-syncing show a bust, good thing I'm coming back one more time :/. The whole area by Tatsu (winter wonderland) was great!!!!! If only the entire park was like this

riddler - no, was not operating at all today. batman was running with lines moving very quickly as usual. rode twice and never waited for ore than 15 min at most.

I went to apocalypse and apparently they still lie about the ride times. the sign said 90 min and I even asked to be sure. he of course said 90 min. I probably waited no more than 40-45 min for that one.