TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

that's one of the things that bugs me about SFMM. faded rides, poorly kept areas, gum all over the place.

i can't see any excuse to at least change the Scream sign/banner. lol

Posts like this bugs me, what rides are faded besides Tatsu and Scream? SFMM basically repainted every coaster the past couple of years, including Viper and Ninja. Scream is next, pretty sure Tatsu is on the agenda aswell.

The only "poorly kept area" that would come to my mind is the area around the old Batman Theater, otherwise a lot of old buildings have been refurbished, got new paintjobs and for me the park looks pretty good.

Where is "gum all over the place"? besides that one place on Goldrushers lifthill which by now is almost "cult"

I know to some it is "funny" making jokes on how "bad" this park is, when in reality, they improved a lot in the past couple of years(at least in my humble opinion)

The only "poorly kept area" that would come to my mind is the area around the old Batman Theater, otherwise a lot of old buildings have been refurbished, got new paintjobs and for me the park looks pretty good.

Where is "gum all over the place"? besides that one place on Goldrushers lifthill which by now is almost "cult"

I know to some it is "funny" making jokes on how "bad" this park is, when in reality, they improved a lot in the past couple of years(at least in my humble opinion)

i really like SFMM because of some of the rides, and of course, it's somewhat close to me. not 4 miles like Knott's but you get the picture. but, it's not a very clean park. i've just come to accept that. i take random pics and here are some just so you know what i mean.

IMG_1519.thumb.jpg.c2cf6745ec01027cd6cb09762c77538e.jpg

maybe all those leaves just fell. but that's just unkept to me.

IMG_1919.thumb.jpg.3285dee3e6e487580ac4a409b5031b37.jpg

gum next to yolo

IMG_1931.thumb.jpg.0d4dcc750b0cf035bb51b46f3d211880.jpg

gum next to yolo

IMG_1933.thumb.jpg.58a48c399dd07e4be2194f235e9e3291.jpg

poorly kept railing. i won't even talk about that horrible weld, or maybe i just did. lol

IMG_1938.thumb.jpg.9b091d8036c003bf273b7bd66f360bd2.jpg

more yolo gum. messy expandable foam

IMG_1943.thumb.jpg.033ee775e55c391b83ede41bb6b4f9ef.jpg

vandalized wait sign.

IMG_1946.thumb.jpg.77c7468c2dba8b31ddeb61964ddf457d.jpg

i originally took this pic because i saw a sweeper. but, look at the fence.

IMG_1948.thumb.jpg.45be9a5db59d0c2c0a42d3301cfdead8.jpg

mounting tab about an inch in the air. brick work is negligible.

IMG_1952.thumb.jpg.a7fe20c469278c2316e63e2bc1e40468.jpg

when the sprinklers are on in the Tatsu que, mud forms. dirty planters of small trash.

those are just some random pics i found on my phone. maybe that stuff is no big deal to some. but to me, it makes a big statement to the cleanliness of the park. it is what it is.

like i always say in the surveys, i'll always continue to come to SFMM because of the rides.

I also realize i know nothing about keeping a park alive, budgets, etc. but when you go to other parks that are really nice and clean, it makes you wish that for your home park.

I do think the park is making an effort to fix up the park, one section at a time. There is a lot of work still to be done, but this park has been in such disaray for so long, it will take years to fix.

i agree, and the general public doesn't help. obviously, gum wouldn't be on the ground, on walls, etc., if it wasn't for the GP.

The reality is that you can find poor upkeep at every park if you really wanted to find it...the difference is that at most parks, you won't find the same problems on your return visit. SFMM still lacks that extra attention to detail you see from the best run parks.

Of course, as we've discussed over and over again...it doesn't matter to the majority of their guests. Keep building coasters and they're set.

come to think of it, I was thinking about seriously filing a complaint to sfmm. me and my bf were about to leave the mountain when we ran over a broken glass bottle in the parking lot and acquired a FLAT TIRE! thank goodness a coaster maintenance guy came out to help us out of the sheer kindness of his heart (faith in humanity not gone....yet??). and being a coaster fanatic that kinda had a wow factor for me! but they seriously need to turn their attention to cleanliness of the park ESPECIALLY the parking lot! not a park visit goes by and I not see broken glass in the lot or on the sidewalks towards the end of the day!!

point being, should I actually go thru with filing a complaint or not? because im not sure how often they get emails like that or much less do anything about it or getting back to the guest about the issue.

but they seriously need to turn their attention to cleanliness of the park ESPECIALLY the parking lot!

Actually, speaking of their parking lot... does anyone have these 3 major complaints about the lot as well...?

[1] the bus queue should have a shade

[2] the lanes are very narrow in the parking lot, and if you happen to drive through to the first section and can't find a space, you can't easily turn back around without driving towards Hurricane Harbor (or later), and then making a U-turn

[3] most annoyingly, at night, there are not enough lights in the parking lot and it becomes quite dark

If I were you colossus_queen, I would be writing to the park to say thank you to the guy who helped with your tire, but mention the fact it was caused by litter and that the new wheel cost $X dollars to fix. Even if it's just feedback rather than a complaint then I think it is important the park are aware of the problem litter in the car park causes.

If I were you colossus_queen, I would be writing to the park to say thank you to the guy who helped with your tire, but mention the fact it was caused by litter and that the new wheel cost $X dollars to fix. Even if it's just feedback rather than a complaint then I think it is important the park are aware of the problem litter in the car park causes.

we already had a spare, but knew not how to replace it and it was dark. of course I wouldn't be complaining about the maintenance guy. the anger is geared towards how unkept the parking lot is, to cause accidents and such. I just want to be sure when I say something that im not overreacting is all im saying.

we already had a spare, but knew not how to replace it and it was dark. of course I wouldn't be complaining about the maintenance guy. the anger is geared towards how unkept the parking lot is, to cause accidents and such. I just want to be sure when I say something that im not overreacting is all im saying.

This is a tough one. There is no way to really know how long that broken glass was there in the lot. Could have been days, could have been five minutes. Back in my teen years, cleaning the parking lot of White Castle, I can tell you.....no sooner had I made the parking lot spotless, some idiot would throw a bag out their window.

Sorry about your flat, but I definitely would write a letter of praise for the guy who helped you out.

Magic Mountain cleans the parking lot off every night that the park operates (cleaning into the next morning as well). Every theme park parking lot is a mess at the end of the night, people seem to think it's okay to just dump all their accumulated trash and drive off. Have you ever seen Disneyland's parking lots at night? They are bad too. Even if there was a trashcan at every single parking space I guarantee that there would be a ton of trash everywhere. When you're paying $20 to park, people get this inflated sense of entitlement.

I have personally been to Magic Mountain where MULTIPLE trash cans in the parking lots were overflowing with trash minutes after the parking lot opened. This leads me to believe they don't clean the lots and empty trash cans every night.

WHY!?

Is Six Flags on a mission to sweep the grass, or even mow the water?

So water isn't sitting on the midway for some stupid guest to walk through, slip and sue the park. They sweep it to thr nearest drain.

Can we please find something worth bitching about?

I've seen videos of SF employees sweeping water. So dirt isn't a surprise.

This isn't unusual at all. I've seen it done at Kings Dominion and Busch Gardens, too.

i'd hope it's done at every park after it's rained. keep hazards to a minimum.

^ You know what's a good tool to use when you need to remove larger amounts of water? Something bucket-like, something with a large handle so you don't have to bend as much, something like... a "dust pan thing". It's what we used to remove puddles that formed around the old McDonald's inside SFGAdv.

Wanna know what else we did? When we've found a significant amount of small pieces of trash in the dirt/landscaping on the sides around the restaurant, rather than break our backs by bending down and picking up each straw wrapper or cigarette butt by hand we...

*leans in close to whisper*

SWEPT THE DIRT!!!

We gently swept up the debris into our dustpans and dumped it into the garbage cans.

Seriously, guys, this is getting embarrassingly bad, even for "theme park nerd" standards.

Can we get back to complaining about the generally terrible operations instead? At least that's worth complaining about...

Sadly (why did I write sadly? lol) they haven't been so terrible lately. I think Apocalypse has been running one train and has had long waits as a result, but other than that I've been hearing startlingly good reports lately.