TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Parc Asterix Discussion Thread

^^ I definitely want to return to Parc Asterix, not just for the new-ish coaster,

but for their great themed haunted swing..."something of Caeser?"

I'm old. I sometimes forget.

EDIT: See? ^ Told ya. Re-tracking on Goudurix? Interesting. I think.

"Le Défi de César" is what you're looking for. I quite like the preshows and queue theming, but I personally think the mad-house part is the worst ever, because the effect is totally ruined by the screens (it defeats the purpose of a mad-house!!), and it only rolls in one direction (and I hate 1D).

About Goudurix, it has been partially retracked (the butterfly, first two inversions) because the TUV asked it. But I heard it was still as unpleasant as before. The park initially planned a Phase two, which was about the batwing, but canceled it. Budget? Unsatisfying results with Phase one?...

About Goudurix, it has been partially retracked (the butterfly, first two inversions) because the TUV asked it. But I heard it was still as unpleasant as before. The park initially planned a Phase two, which was about the batwing, but canceled it. Budget? Unsatisfying results with Phase one?...

The best thing for Goudurix is for it to be torn down then the remains of the ride loaded onto a rocket and launched into the centre of the sun!

The best thing for Goudurix is for it to be torn down then the remains of the ride loaded onto a rocket and launched into the centre of the sun!

How does one retrack a steel coaster?

^ Well if you look at mounted POV videos of Goudurix, you can tell just how poorly the track is designed. Full of pumps and jerks. I forget where, but a french fan website followed the re-tracking process pretty closely with tons of pics and such.

From what I recall seeing in those pics, they actually didn't remove any sections of track at all. Instead they set up all sorts of scaffolding and simply "readjusted" the track in attempt to remove the awful jerks and pumps. I think I remember seeing pics of them cutting through the vertical sections of the U shaped cross-ties and either add or reduce the length of said vertical sections of cross-ties… thus in theory it would be a feeble attempt to smooth out the jerky transitions in the quirky butterfly loop. As someone mentioned above, they only re-did the butterfly loop.

Is this you idea?

That sums up my idea pretty well! The only difference would be that when the ride was getting torn down I'm pretty sure you would see a huge group of people surrounding it celebrating its demise!

Is this you idea?

That sums up my idea pretty well! The only difference would be that when the ride was getting torn down I'm pretty sure you would see a huge group of people surrounding it celebrating its demise!

No way! A worldwide news broadcast would be the only thing suitable for Goudurix's demise.

^ Well if you look at mounted POV videos of Goudurix, you can tell just how poorly the track is designed. Full of pumps and jerks. I forget where, but a french fan website followed the re-tracking process pretty closely with tons of pics and such.

From what I recall seeing in those pics, they actually didn't remove any sections of track at all. Instead they set up all sorts of scaffolding and simply "readjusted" the track in attempt to remove the awful jerks and pumps. I think I remember seeing pics of them cutting through the vertical sections of the U shaped cross-ties and either add or reduce the length of said vertical sections of cross-ties… thus in theory it would be a feeble attempt to smooth out the jerky transitions in the quirky butterfly loop. As someone mentioned above, they only re-did the butterfly loop.

^ What he said.

The french fan website is most likely the excellent Potionmagix.fr, but as it requires a login to see the retracking topic, I'll link to another french forum where the pics were shared: See the topic.

Though as I said, Potionmagix.fr is really a wonderful website about the Park Asterix, because the webmaster is a maintenance employee and he does a lot of great videos: like some drone views, original POVs (under a train, underwater on a logflume, etc), or shots from unusual point of views (exterior of a mad-house, under the tea-cup floor...), or even some step-by-step explanations on how to start a ride in the morning, such as the Mack Bobsleigh or Oziris. Including complete POV of a train from the garage to the layout to the station. So in my opinion it is worth to register, even if everything is indeed in french and not the french you learn at school (plus many cultural references you might miss).

• 3 months later...

^ Potionmagix has closed down for good... Panoramix, the webmaster, doesn't work there anymore.

--

Well, here is a 360° POV of Goudurix and Oziris! (<- see what I did there? He is rolling 360°...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDcbc1tAneQ

You have to go on Youtube though to get the controls and not a flat rendering (Chrome only).

Edit: It's not my video but Giroptic's.

Edited by KingRCT3

Two things.

First, that log flume ride was one of the trippiest videos I have seen.

And second, the last part looked like you were on a wooden wing rider, LOL!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Earlier they announced a big adrenaline filled coaster for 2017 let's just hope they didn't mean that thing, cause I heard they're either trying sell it or people just see it as a coaster. Anyways still hope this wasn't the "coaster" and we still get a good puppy in 2017 for this park.

Besides that concept looks good.

Earlier they announced a big adrenaline filled coaster for 2017 let's just hope they didn't mean that thing, cause I heard they're either trying sell it or people just see it as a coaster. Anyways still hope this wasn't the "coaster" and we still get a good puppy in 2017 for this park.

Besides that concept looks good.

The disko is confirmed for next year, 2016. The new coaster is for 2017.