TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

According to a report on CW Mania, the seatbelt situation has made the loading procedure twice as long. For behemoth, the t-bars are locked in the upright position, all riders must put on the seatbelts and attendents must check them all, then the restraints are lowered and a second check is needed.

Oh, that's pretty nasty. Maybe it will get a bit faster but still....

I'm not sure if keeping the bars locked is all bad...wasn't that what we wanted for some rides that added belts? But I do hope they find ways to maximize efficiency, and that some of the issues were more due to the start of the season.

^I think the idea of keeping them up is not so bad, actually. It might even be the best way, but it's still a shame that dispatch times will inevitably go up (even if they don't double like right now)

Was there today as well. WMG looks far from finished. Lots of work needed for queue and interior. I would say weeks not days away. Cast member said "later in the season". It seemed far more substantial of a ride than I expected. I was thinking this would be more in line with a traditional Sally style dark ride. Definitely a true credit and the first drop although not step will certainly be fun with those cars. Think of a wild mouse.

Behemoth was only running two trains and had a long line. I didn't ride - could be slowed down by addition of seat belts. Leviathan crew was working very fast and there was virtually no line.

Was there today as well. WMG looks far from finished. Lots of work needed for queue and interior. I would say weeks not days away. Cast member said "later in the season". It seemed far more substantial of a ride than I expected. I was thinking this would be more in line with a traditional Sally style dark ride. Definitely a true credit and the first drop although not step will certainly be fun with those cars. Think of a wild mouse.

Behemoth was only running two trains and had a long line. I didn't ride - could be slowed down by addition of seat belts. Leviathan crew was working very fast and there was virtually no line.

Ya, really pumped for this ride.. Seems like a slly dark ride plus a wild mous... It'll b great to take friends and family on who aren't quite ready for the big B&Ms.

As for the leviathan/behemoth seatbelt situation, are the belts on behemoth? Also, why are they even putting belts on the ride?... I can understand because of NTAG, but even then, B&M has an excilent safety record. Doesn't quite make sense.

Is there any possibility that the park will remove the seatbelts if capacity is greatly effected?

I wouldn't expect that. As a non-expert, I just can't see anything overriding whatever their justification was for adding them, especially since I'm sure they at least made an estimate on the effects on capacity. However, seatbelts have been removed from coasters in recent times, so it's not impossible. Just don't get your hopes up.

I suppose there could be truth to the rumor that they were added to some coasters as an "experiment," but that sounded like it was more an invented theory than something with an official source.

^Really?? No line on leviathan and a long one on behemoth? That sounds weird.

Leviathan doesn't have seat belts.....at least for now.

Also something a CW Mania user just pointed out:

Something not look right?

Credit: Duck @ CW Mania

^there was a crane in that area on Thursday so I suspect the track pieces were placed in temporarily but not fully bolted in.

If I had to take a wild guess I would guess a mid May to early June as am opening date. Again, only a hunch.

^ Why do so many people make these kinds of comments and assumptions based on ONE photo? Like as though you know more about building a ride than the people building a ride do. Seriously, it just kind of annoys me. The idea that someone would think that either there wasn't a reason for this, or the people building it didn't notice, or that there isn't a solution really baffles me.

Unless someone here has more experience building rides that the people building rides I'm going to guess that the ride is perfectly safe and that this (non)-issue will be addressed.

I know. Still I thought that everyone would go for the "big ride" especially after noticing the queue was smaller than behemoth's.

I know. Still I thought that everyone would go for the "big ride" especially after noticing the queue was smaller than behemoth's.

Well, with cw being my home park, I can say that Behemoth is still a very well recieved attraction, even with Leviathan being built. Some people I know who haven't been there in a fee years actually didn't know leviathan was built, but definitely knew about behemoth.

I've visited on relatively slow days and have found that Behemoth can regularly have a longer line than Leviathan. I think part of it has to do with the shorter trains and station at Leviathan. Attendants don't have to walk as far down the train to check restraints, and there's less area in the station for people to linger around while exiting.

Edited by asimowalk

Those trains are definitely very different looking. Pretty wide open, too, haha. Why do I get the feeling that the people in rows 2 and 3 are going to spend the entire ride just shooting each other rather than the targets?

Those trains are definitely very different looking. Pretty wide open, too, haha. Why do I get the feeling that the people in rows 2 and 3 are going to spend the entire ride just shooting each other rather than the targets?

I believe the trains will rotate minimal of 90 degrees when inside the mountain.

^ Why do so many people make these kinds of comments and assumptions based on ONE photo? Like as though you know more about building a ride than the people building a ride do. Seriously, it just kind of annoys me. The idea that someone would think that either there wasn't a reason for this, or the people building it didn't notice, or that there isn't a solution really baffles me.

Unless someone here has more experience building rides that the people building rides I'm going to guess that the ride is perfectly safe and that this (non)-issue will be addressed.

times a million.

There probably isn't a structure out there that hasn't run in to this, and it's a quick fix and a problem that is prepared for before you'll even see the first piece of steel go up. You think those giant skyscrapers go up and every piece of steel is cut absolutely perfectly and nothing settles differently than expected and it all just fits together like a couple your old Lincoln Logs? :sigh:

measure once, cut twice... if it is too short cut it again.

when they build an outdoor coaster they put all the footers in place and line them up with surveying. It must be difficult to do when you are in and out of an old structure and can't get a line of sight between footers. Any slight differences for each one can be multiplied through. also we assume the track pieces have been built to precise tolerances. If there is a new one every 2meters and the track is 1200m long it is over 600 points to get millimeter precise.

I heard when they built leviathan the were within millimeters of perfect when they connected the last piece. Occasionally it can be out by a significant amount.

nothing that can't be fixed with some prybars and a big hammer, maybe a sawsall or acetylene torch...

Similar to the New Texas Giant RMC track..."the wheels are going to hit those bolts...oh no!"