Robb & Elissa in the USA - 2017!

Page 13 - Holiday World Trip Report!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Bonafide Donkey Expert

Re: Robb & Elissa in the USA - 2017!

Postby rolercstrluvr » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:55 am

Beats sitting on the couch drinking coffee, as much as I'd love to be there I'm just patiently waiting for the WCB announcement.
Gold Striker Ride count: 435

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:56 am

^^ I appreciate the response! I can agree with the airtime, I really wish there was more. The sustained floater over the trim-hill is great, but you can feel there's more potential...

My favorite part of Fury is probably the drop into the tunnel in the backseat -- There's some decent airtime there. I also really enjoy that the pacing is vastly improved compared to other B&M hypers. I love that there's no really "slow" parts, you know?
Chasing Airtime
Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Medusa Steel|Mega-Lite
Lightning Rod|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Voyage

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:58 am

Great report! I've been waiting to hear your thoughts on Fury. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Have fun at Dollywood. Lightning Rod is open today, I have my fingers crossed for you guys that it stays that way.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby sfriday1998 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:38 am

Awesome TR! So jealous
Current coaster count: 72
Top flats: Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, New England Sky Screamer, Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission BREAKOUT
Top 10 coasters: Superman TR, Wicked Cyclone, Nitro, El Toro, Top Thrill Dragster, Tatsu, Millennium Force, X2, Revenge of the Mummy (USH), Boulder Dash
:airtime:

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby VegasBaby » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:47 am

Carowinds looks like a great park, I really need to get out there and visit it. Thanks for the great trip report, it's fun to live vicariously through all of your adventures!
Coaster Count: 187 Last Coaster: Mako
Top Ten: 1) Superman:TR 2) Millennium Force 3) X2 4) Skyrush 5) Twisted Colossus 6) Maverick 7) Top Thrill Dragster 8) Mako 9) Lightning Rod 10) Storm Runner

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby TBpony414 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:48 am

The Fury ERT and behind the scenes tour both look incredible! For me personally the whole first half of Fury is spectacular but after the tunnel is that long flat stretch to the trim brake and after that it's so uninspired. I don't want to compare it to Gatekeeper's stupid circle into the station after the MCBR but it almost feels that boring. The specific part that really kills it for me on Fury is that monorail-type right turn thru the supports towards the station before the bunny hops. I go from "YEAH!!! This ride KICKS A$$!!! I want to ride it again and agai--- zzzzzz, seriously?" which stinks. The incredible sense of speed and zooming around somehow instantaneously disappears.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby fredoflasvegas » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:53 am

VegasBaby wrote:Carowinds looks like a great park, I really need to get out there and visit it. Thanks for the great trip report, it's fun to live vicariously through all of your adventures!

Carowinds is a OK park. Not great. It has one phenomenal - out of this world - coaster with Fury 325, two excellent steel coasters with Intimidator and Afterburn, and seven less than average or truly awful coasters (Nighthawk, Hurler, Vortex, Carolina Cyclone, Carolina Goldrusher, Ricochet and their Boomerang). Fury alone makes the park worth recommending. Carowinds will seriously benefit from giving Hurler the RMC treatment, and turning Vortex into a floorless coaster.

So glad to hear Robb loved Fury 325! I was shocked to learn I had a new Number 1 steel after I rode it. Its such an amazing, mindblowing ride.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:00 pm

Great report! To me Fury felt way different than the other B&M mega coasters I've been on which is why it's my top coaster. Meanwhile their other giga (Leviathan) felt like a bigger version of their hypers.

Night rides on Fury are amazing. Especially that dive below the walkway.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, El Toro, Voyage, Cornball Express
Top 5 Steel- Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Millennium Force, Phantom's Revenge
Top 5 Parks- Disneyland, Knoebels, Cedar Point, Magic Kingdom, Busch Gardens Williamsburg

I poke manatees in the butt.

Postby Jcoaster » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:02 pm

Great report so far, Carowinds is definitely on my list of "must visit" parks I have yet to get too.

Also, sick wooden floors on the bus. Looks like you got some high class crap going on riding to parks in style.
Lightning Rod, Skyrush, El Toro, Superman: The Ride, Apollo's Chariot, Boulder Dash, Montu, Phoenix , Phantom's Revenge, , StormRunner

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby JordyC » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:09 pm

Awesome report! I am looking to forward to the rest of it. Fury is definitely on top of my "bucket list", it looks so awesome! :airtime: :airtimer:
Out of interest, how does Intimidator compare to Shambhala? I don't have to ask about Fury, because that ride is clearly better. But I am just wondering which one is better.
Quality Over Quantity

1. Shambhala - PortAventura Park 2. Taron - Phantasialand 3. Helix - Liseberg 4. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 5. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 6. Blue Fire Megacoaster - Europa-Park 7. Goliath - Walibi Holland 8. Balder - Liseberg 9. Red Force - Ferrari Land 10. Star Trek: Operation Enterprise - Movie Park Germany

Coasters: 158 || Parks: 31

Movie Park Germany ||Nigloland || Walygator Parc || Bakken || Tivoli Gardens || PortAventura || Ferrari Land || Plopsaland De Panne ||Efteling || Liseberg

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!