The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 1314 - HangTime Dive Coaster Announced for 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Re: The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Postby Mr Stratosphere » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:06 pm

Seriously, every thing that they have been doing to Knott's lately makes me love this park more and more. The last time I went the park was so clean and the attention to detail (flowers, fountains, cleanliness, etc.) was great! I cannot wait to get to the park tomorrow.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Sir Clinksalot » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:08 pm

This is great news, and if this is the direction Knott's is going towards I can see it returning more and more to it's pre-CF awesomeness.

It's already getting there with their improved food options (the new Ghost Town Grill is AMAZING) and all of the renovations done in Ghost Town. It certainly seems that corporate has decided that this park isn't just another acquisition they need to make a CP clone and it's obvious Raffi and Matt understand that.

Really looking to see where the park goes in the next few years. I probably won't be down at the park too much this year, but I'm renewing my pass anyway.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby disney4me2001 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:47 am

This is all great news! The TMLR news seemed to come out of left field, but honestly I'm more excited for that than the new Boardwalk additions. On another subject, I'm wondering if there might still be a maze inside TMLR for Haunt. I know 2012 was supposed to be the final year for it (and earlier in the year it was stated that there wouldn't be a maze for 2012), but maybe with the refurbishment more safety features can be installed to allow scaracters to continue scaring guests. I'm just picturing how great a maze might look inside of there with the improved effects and everything, although I'm pretty sure it's unlikely. But then again, most probably would have thought a major refurbishment for TMLR to be unlikely as well!

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Someotherguyuser » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:36 am

disney4me2001 wrote:This is all great news! The TMLR news seemed to come out of left field, but honestly I'm more excited for that than the new Boardwalk additions. On another subject, I'm wondering if there might still be a maze inside TMLR for Haunt. I know 2012 was supposed to be the final year for it (and earlier in the year it was stated that there wouldn't be a maze for 2012), but maybe with the refurbishment more safety features can be installed to allow scaracters to continue scaring guests. I'm just picturing how great a maze might look inside of there with the improved effects and everything, although I'm pretty sure it's unlikely. But then again, most probably would have thought a major refurbishment for TMLR to be unlikely as well!

I honestly don't care if there isn't another "maze" on the Log Ride again, as it was never different from the day time in terms of what sets/decorations they put up. I just hope they don't cut the monsters from it because I always get the best scares on the Log Ride. I mean, you're stuck in a moving log with no where to go and monsters are after you. How scary is that?
Ghostbusters Ride at Universal Studios....let's Make it Happen!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/universal-studios-needs-to-make-a-ghostbusters

Postby disney4me2001 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:59 pm

Someotherguyuser wrote:I just hope they don't cut the monsters from it because I always get the best scares on the Log Ride. I mean, you're stuck in a moving log with no where to go and monsters are after you. How scary is that?

When I said "maze," that's what I meant- the overlay on the ride plus the monsters. And that's what was going to get cut- all of it. If I'm understanding correctly, the reasoning behind not using the Mine Ride and Log Ride as mazes (initially) was due to tougher safety regulations/issues. Since it was the 40th anniversary they eventually gave in on the Log Ride, but they did remove the monsters from Calico Mine Ride. They did decorate the Mine Ride, but it wasn't advertised as a maze since there were no monsters.

I was in the front seat when I went through Evil Dead, and I actually got a couple of good scares from the monsters! Of course, what might scare me won't scare others, and vice versa, but I liked it. As I said before, it would be nice to see a maze in the Log Ride for Haunt 2013, but my gut tells me it might not happen. But they could definitely go the route of the Mine Ride and at least put up decorations, even though it wouldn't be frightening.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Someotherguyuser » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:05 am

disney4me2001 wrote:
Someotherguyuser wrote:I just hope they don't cut the monsters from it because I always get the best scares on the Log Ride. I mean, you're stuck in a moving log with no where to go and monsters are after you. How scary is that?

I was in the front seat when I went through Evil Dead, and I actually got a couple of good scares from the monsters! Of course, what might scare me won't scare others, and vice versa, but I liked it. As I said before, it would be nice to see a maze in the Log Ride for Haunt 2013, but my gut tells me it might not happen. But they could definitely go the route of the Mine Ride and at least put up decorations, even though it wouldn't be frightening.

Well, what I'm saying is that if they can't make a new theme/overlay/maze for the Log Ride, just add a couple of monsters int here for the heck of it. It's not themed, but at least you've got some scares in there.
Ghostbusters Ride at Universal Studios....let's Make it Happen!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/universal-studios-needs-to-make-a-ghostbusters

Postby disney4me2001 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:03 am

Someotherguyuser wrote:Well, what I'm saying is that if they can't make a new theme/overlay/maze for the Log Ride, just add a couple of monsters int here for the heck of it. It's not themed, but at least you've got some scares in there.

Oh, okay. I get what you're saying now. Yeah, I think that's what the fuss was about- supposedly OSHA standards have gotten so strict to where there's almost no way to have monsters inside of a ride-through attraction anymore without it being considered "too dangerous." Obviously they pulled it off for 2012, not to mention all of the past years, so it's still possible, but it's getting much tougher to do from what I understand. Maybe someone from Knott's can shed some light on this. But we'll know soon enough what's in store for Haunt 2013!

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby buckaroo234 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:08 pm

so today i had to go process my season pass at knotts, so i took along my trusty cell phone and decided to make a nice quick Hit and Run trip report.

Stats: time in park 1:54

Rides ridden:

Monte
Xcellerator
Supreme Scream
Silver Bullet

Quick Impressions:
It always confuses me to be in a park with lots of children and not have them screaming, not having strollers hitting my ankles and generally not being a clusterfuck. I need to stop being at Disneyland all the time. But furthermore, the park is cleaner than ive ever seen it, the planters in Ghost Town look amazing, and generally the park looks great.

And now on to what yall came for, 12 pics of my 2 hour trip to knotts!
IMAG0210.jpg
Its still such a sight to see
IMAG0216.jpg
The Calico Mine trains are looking really good. Looks like they got a fresh coat of paint.
IMAG0218.jpg
Looks like Log Ride work is ongoing. Great time to do it with the cold we have had
IMAG0220.jpg
they even took off the belt!
IMAG0221.jpg
thank god that all wheels extreme show is done...
IMAG0222.jpg
I wish we had this at Mad T Party... then i wouldnt have to dodge lifts at night
IMAG0224.jpg
Womp Womp
IMAG0214.jpg
And now what you all came here for!
IMAG0215.jpg
Ohhh, look! portholes!
IMAG0211.jpg
You can see the footers for Coast Rider getting put in
IMAG0212.jpg
And some steel in the former dock area
IMAG0213.jpg
but otherwise... groundwork continues!

We love you Monte, oh yes we do. We love you Monte, you know its true. When your not near us, were blueeeee. Oh Monte we love you!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:32 pm

Last edited by robbalvey on Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:34 pm.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby buckaroo234 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:07 am

so stoked!!!

We love you Monte, oh yes we do. We love you Monte, you know its true. When your not near us, were blueeeee. Oh Monte we love you!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!