Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

P. 362: Timber Wolf gets an 70° over banked turn in 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Did my donkey title just change???

Re: Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

Postby Sven20 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:51 am

There is always 2020, 2021, etc... for WOF..LOL!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:09 am

robbalvey wrote:
greenman wrote:Waiting on someone to do the Official announcement, since
We get in trouble for posting early. “Murmurs about 2019 are very interesting “ according to their twitter
If interesting is a 9k sqft restaurant Awesome.

First of all, obnoxious posts like this aren't welcome on our forum. Secondly, if you honestly think that this is the type of announcement that we are talking about, then you are one of the dumbest people on the planet and I'm shocked you're able to get up every day and dress yourself.

:lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol:

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby OmnipotentSeal » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:23 am

My final prediction for 2019 is that they will add one or two rides in planet snoopy. I would love to see a coaster but at this point it isn’t likely.
Please wake up. We are trying a new technique. We don't know where this will show up in your dream, but we hope this message will reach you. You are in a coma. Please wake up. Your family needs you.

Postby Sven20 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:54 am

OmnipotentSeal wrote:My final prediction for 2019 is that they will add one or two rides in planet snoopy. I would love to see a coaster but at this point it isn’t likely.

They already announced on their website.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Shavethewhales » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:53 pm

I wasn't expecting much, but I have to admit I'm a little disappointed. Oh well, hopefully it means they are gearing up for something big in 2020...

It's neat that they are paying homage to a bit of WOF history again, but as usual it kind of falls short. Wish they had done something a little more whimsical with the architecture to make it look like one of the old boats, or give it a smokestack, or something. It looks pretty bland, in what is already the most cookie-cutter section of the park. For a park that was built on such a fun and imaginative theme, the slow progression of generic-ness throughout the park has always been a little sad. At least it's something though, and they made a little bit of effort to make it interesting.

Postby Sven20 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:15 pm

Shavethewhales wrote:I wasn't expecting much, but I have to admit I'm a little disappointed. Oh well, hopefully it means they are gearing up for something big in 2020...

It's neat that they are paying homage to a bit of WOF history again, but as usual it kind of falls short. Wish they had done something a little more whimsical with the architecture to make it look like one of the old boats, or give it a smokestack, or something. It looks pretty bland, in what is already the most cookie-cutter section of the park. For a park that was built on such a fun and imaginative theme, the slow progression of generic-ness throughout the park has always been a little sad. At least it's something though, and they made a little bit of effort to make it interesting.

It's not a "sexy addition", but I would love if every CF park had a Harmony Hall Marketplace like Carowinds. This does not appear to be of that scale, but I do like CF has been greatly improving the dining locations at many parks.

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby DavidB » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:13 pm

Does anyone have an update on Prowler? I'll be at the park Saturday and was just wondering if there was anything to report.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:38 pm

^ Screamscape reported it as open. I tried checking Queue Times, but couldn't see a wait for it in the past few days. Granted that may just be the norm for the park considering it was a walk on Memorial Day when I was there.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus
Most Recent Trip Reports- Lake Winnepesaukah & Alabama Splash Adventure

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby DavidB » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:43 pm

Thanks! I wasnt at all optimistic, but that's great if it is open. It was closed when I was there at the very beginning of the season.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby Slides to rides » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:01 pm

Christmas in... September?
CBB0D1BA-E348-40BE-AE89-9923CE847FE5.jpeg
Home Park Worlds of Fun

Wood: #3 Goliath #2 Voyage #1 Outlaw Run
Steel: #3 Monster #2 Maverick #1 Steel Vengeance
Favorite Parks: Cedar Point, Kings Island, Knotts Berry Farm, Worlds of Fun, Silver Dollar City, Holiday World, Six Flags Great America

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!