Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4248 - Steel Vengeance Front Seat POV!
Users viewing this topic: hyyyper, SbSteveZ and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:11 pm

Cedar Point used to be open daily immediately, but the past few years they've been doing the "trial run" weekend of sorts before they dive into daily operations. Looks like they're canning that idea for next year.
Total: 240 | Steel: 183 | Wooden: 57

Last Coaster Ridden: Intimidator 305 at Kings Dominion on August 24, 2018.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Pedrinho » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:44 pm

prozach626 wrote:I did quick google search and you're close to Frankfurt, so I'm just guessing that's where you're planning to fly from. As far as I can tell, I think that Lufthansa offers non stop flights from Frankfurt to Chicago. It's a little over a five hour drive from Chicago to King's Island. That may seem like a long time, but by the time you figure out how long it will take to land, go to your connecting flight, fly to your next destination, and de-plane, I doubt you'll be spending much more time driving than you will dealing with the connecting flight. This could leave you with Six Flags Great America, King's Island, and Cedar Point. All three parks are great. It will also allow you to spend some time in Chicago, if you want to allot for it.

I'm not telling you what to do, but I wanted to present you with another option. For me personally, if I were to spend nine hours on a plane I would want to make it count.

You're definitely having a point there. We'll either fly from Frankfurt (with various opportunities) or from Stuttgart (where my best friend lives), so we'll take that into consideration.

You're all making great suggestions. Maybe we'll delay it into 2020 :lol: Then my kiddo will be two years old, maybe the wife and he will join us. We'll see. If we do it alone, we have to make a strong schedule, as we will only make seven to ten days. Two days for flying in and out, two days KI, two days CP, one connecting day and the remaining (maximum) three days for extra fun. I know that sounds strict, but we're definitely planning another family trip as soon as the kid(s) are old enough, so if we'll do that in 2019 it will be like making a park trip in Europe - not like an US holiday. Just go there, do the parks and head home.
Top: Wood: Beast|Mystic Timbers|Wodan|Twister|Phoenix; Dive: Valravn; Wing: Flug der Dämonen|GateKeeper; Launch: Top Thrill Dragster; Floorless: Rougarou; Invert: Banshee; Bob: Flying Turns; <200ft: Expedition GeForce|Maverick|Karacho; >200ft: Silver Star|Magnum XL-200; >300ft: Millennium Force; Mine: Colorado Adventure; Boomerang: Raik; Hybrid: Cyclone
Bucket List: Steel Vengeance|FLY|Formula Rossa|Red Force|Blue Gemini|Colossos|Kennywood|Hersheypark

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby cparkes92 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:04 pm

FeelTheFORCE wrote:Cedar Point used to be open daily immediately, but the past few years they've been doing the "trial run" weekend of sorts before they dive into daily operations. Looks like they're canning that idea for next year.

I also remember at least a few years Cedar Point started their season on a Sunday
Top 10 steel: Steel Vengeance, Millennium Force, Maverick, Mako, Incredible Hulk, Banshee, Diamondback, Raptor, SheiKra, Montu
Top 10 wood: Mystic Timbers, Shivering Timbers, Beast, Racer (KI), Viper, American Eagle, Woodstock Express, Blue Streak (CP), Mean Streak (RIP), Wolverine Wildcat

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Pedrinho » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:27 am

Another random question.
I know this is the CP thread, but I didn't find a Walygator Parc thread, so I ask here: Has anyone ridden Raptor at CP as well as Monster in Walygator Parc? For the ones that don't know: It's an almost exact but slightly longer version of Raptor that once was in a japanese park and sits in nothwest France since 2010. As it's only a 90 minute drive frome my hometown, so I consider taking the wife, the kid and some friends there, visit the zoo and show them the awesomeness of a good B&M invert.
My biggest concern is that Monster is somehow rough or just no as good as Raptor, which my wife and I truly love, because of its relocation or bad maintenance.
Top: Wood: Beast|Mystic Timbers|Wodan|Twister|Phoenix; Dive: Valravn; Wing: Flug der Dämonen|GateKeeper; Launch: Top Thrill Dragster; Floorless: Rougarou; Invert: Banshee; Bob: Flying Turns; <200ft: Expedition GeForce|Maverick|Karacho; >200ft: Silver Star|Magnum XL-200; >300ft: Millennium Force; Mine: Colorado Adventure; Boomerang: Raik; Hybrid: Cyclone
Bucket List: Steel Vengeance|FLY|Formula Rossa|Red Force|Blue Gemini|Colossos|Kennywood|Hersheypark

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:29 am

Pedrinho wrote:Another random question.
I know this is the CP thread, but I didn't find a Walygator Parc thread, so I ask here: Has anyone ridden Raptor at CP as well as Monster in Walygator Parc? For the ones that don't know: It's an almost exact but slightly longer version of Raptor that once was in a japanese park and sits in nothwest France since 2010. As it's only a 90 minute drive frome my hometown, so I consider taking the wife, the kid and some friends there, visit the zoo and show them the awesomeness of a good B&M invert.
My biggest concern is that Monster is somehow rough or just no as good as Raptor, which my wife and I truly love, because of its relocation or bad maintenance.

Monster was in awesome shape just two months ago when I rode it. It's argurably better than Raptor - not as attractive a view, but the transition from the helix into the brakes was fixed so it doesn't headbang at all any more. It only runs one train, but there's also no one in the park most days, so you can ride it to your heart's content.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:52 am

^&^^Agreed. It's an awesome ride!

Previous