Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 1678: Wildwood Grove announcement
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 16 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can I park my donkey here?

Re: Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby neilnky » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:41 am

TEDodd wrote:Never again will I complain about DW, especially ride ops.

I was at Six Flags NE yesterday. Operations were really slow with no good reason for it.
My last SF park was Texas 6yrs ago and though a slow day the ops were on top of things. Yesterday was just bad.

DW has me spoiled.

3 of 8 coasters were down all day (2 apparently all year).

None of the 5 running were particularly memorable. Especially disappointed in Wicked Cyclone. I hope Twisted Cyclone fairs better when I get to ride it.

Really makes you appreciate how special DW's rides are.

I hear you. I love the theming and uniqueness of DW's rides (especially Mystery Mine). I hope we get an awesome dark ride someday to add to Blazing Fury and Mystery Mine :)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:30 am

TEDodd wrote:2 apparently all year

Alright, I'm all for complaining about operations at Six Flags New England but let's not make things up. Goliath has been closed basically all year (sort of like Lightning Rod). It ran for a few days but that's it. Joker has been down for a little over 3 days but ran fine before that.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby CedarFanboy » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:32 am

When I was at Dollywood in the beginning of the month, I was told by workers that they were putting new track on part of the ride. I can only assume it would be the drop as that's the roughest part of the ride. What do you guys think?

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby TEDodd » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:39 am

Several locals said it had been down every time they'd been. Just going with what they said. ;)

Was spur of the moment, business wrapped early. Didn't realize how close I was or research any. Just hit the park cold, arriving around 3:00.
Last edited by TEDodd on Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:44 am.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:42 am

A lot of the Joker clones seem to be super unreliable, but it generally operates. People just like to exaggerate and complain. Goliath... yeah. That's a turd. :lol:

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby middle_keeny » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:14 pm

CedarFanboy wrote:When I was at Dollywood in the beginning of the month, I was told by workers that they were putting new track on part of the ride. I can only assume it would be the drop as that's the roughest part of the ride. What do you guys think?

That's been the rumor I've been hearing all summer. they are repairing the "Speed Bump" and the seats are getting more padding. For as easy as it is to get into the employee lot and see the drop, you would think someone would have pictures by now.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby dstephe9 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:01 pm

The speed bump is another one of those rumors that popped up in enthusiast groups. While yes, there is a bump and the bump is rough, and while Pete has mentioned they fixed the bump once, there has been nothing official to confirm that's the portion of the track they are working on. Last time they repair this part of the track, the ride wasn't down this long.. there's a large possibility that they are working on the ride elsewhere and that's why no pictures have shown up

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby TEDodd » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:41 pm

middle_keeny wrote:For as easy as it is to get into the employee lot and see the drop, you would think someone would have pictures by now.

Forgot to post. I looked the 1st weekend of Aug. Couldn't see anythIng noteworthy.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby neilnky » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:37 am

Great construction update if you guys haven't seen it yet: http://www.wildgravitytravels.com/wildwood-grove-dollywood-august-construction-update/.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby John Peck » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:25 pm

I'm heading to Dollywood in a few weeks (on a friday) for the first time since 2001. Any advice on what to hit first and what direction I should go?

Also, if there is any advice you can give on discounts and where to find them. Also, we will most likely have one meal there... what would you all suggest?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!