Knoebels Discussion Thread

Page 350: 2017 new ride announcement
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Knoebels Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:20 am

Out of those three you probably would. Choice blows them away depending on what you're looking for but it doesn't matter as much if you stick to nicer brands.

In short so I don't derail the thread; I hate the fact that there's a flat redemption rate of 15,000 points with Wyndham. A Super 8 should not be the same as Caesars Palace (minus resort fees). If you stick to high end brands it's fine because 15,000 points is totally reasonable, but if you jump around I just find that really weird and annoying. With Choice I could use points for a low end hotel if I want to and not get totally screwed. With Wyndham you really can't. Like... even if you had a boatload of points you would be insane to use them for that Super 8 in Danville.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:25 am

coasterbill wrote:A Super 8 should not be the same as Caesars Palace (minus resort fees).

It can be if you hire the right wizard.

Postby alilstronger » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:24 am

coasterbill wrote:Out of those three you probably would. Choice blows them away depending on what you're looking for but it doesn't matter as much if you stick to nicer brands.

In short so I don't derail the thread; I hate the fact that there's a flat redemption rate of 15,000 points with Wyndham. A Super 8 should not be the same as Caesars Palace (minus resort fees). If you stick to high end brands it's fine because 15,000 points is totally reasonable, but if you jump around I just find that really weird and annoying. With Choice I could use points for a low end hotel if I want to and not get totally screwed. With Wyndham you really can't. Like... even if you had a boatload of points you would be insane to use them for that Super 8 in Danville.

I need to look into Choice more. I always feel like they do not have locations everywhere like other brands. That is the reason I have stayed away from them.

I am also pretty loyal to Motel 6. Ever since they have have redone most of their hotels they have become pretty decent.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:22 pm

Sorry to interrupt the Super8 discussion, but Phoenix is running fine.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:23 pm

larrygator wrote:Sorry to interrupt the Super8 discussion, but Phoenix is running fine.

:nina: :lmao:

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby MisterBrow » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:13 pm

After my first trip to the park was derailed for injury last summer I am healed and making another attempt next week. I was planning on driving up from MD to get there for opening and then hammer home at the end of the day. Should I just stay at the Danville Super 8?
Meister Brau just wants a path from CC to SM at SFA, meal plan burrito, some shade, and a restroom back there.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:18 pm

larrygator wrote:Sorry to interrupt the Super8 discussion, but Phoenix is running fine.

Well Larry, you tried. I appreciate it.

MisterBrow wrote:After my first trip to the park was derailed for injury last summer I am healed and making another attempt next week. I was planning on driving up from MD to get there for opening and then hammer home at the end of the day. Should I just stay at the Danville Super 8?

Where do you live in Maryland? As long as you don't live all the way down near Washington or over near Cumberland, you can get to the park in three hours. Leave your house at 8 AM, be there from 11 AM to 6 PM, be home at 9 PM. Super-easy, and that's the worst-case scenario in my opinion. You can push your hours at Knoebels from like... 1 PM to 8 PM if you want to ride the rides in the dark and you don't mind staying up late.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:46 pm

The Antonio dessert (International Food Court) is great.

I'll try again AJ.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Postby coasterbill » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:01 pm

I've always thought the International Food Court was kind of weak compared to everything else in the park. I guess I have to give it another shot.

Postby prozach626 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:31 pm

Headed to the park on Monday, the day following our Kennywood visit. I ordered our wrist bands and I'm pretty excited.

That's all... I have nothing to actually contribute.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!