Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1436: Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure news
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby CoasterEricHP » Fri May 23, 2008 1:02 pm

From what I hear from some old Universal friends, Dragons WILL be changed to fit in with the new Harry Potter theme. However the change won't be drastic. Just a new preshow, costumes, and the castle will be rethemed. I doubt they will touch the trains, but new molding wouldn't be a big drastic change either..

Also, judging by the concept art, it looks like the queue will start much closer to the castle and the dragons out front may be gone! :?r

I've heard that Unicorn will close down as early as July (but it makes more sense to close it after the busy summer season) and wont reopen until LATE NEXT year when the whole area transformation is complete. This makes sense because the retheme of the ride, but also because its location pretty much in a construction zone!

What else..

Dragons will only be closed for a few months leading up to the opening of the new area. So probably Sept-Nov of '09?

And finally and the coolest news is that rumor has it there is a temporary maintainance bay out behind dragons (out of guest view) that they will be using to assemble the robo train things (track above the car apparently) during the construction of the castle.

Sounds pretty cool! Im still wondering if this is all part of "Phase One" for Harry Potter stuff, or if the expansion between Dragons and Sinbad towards USF was just speculation.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby DallasAlvey » Wed May 28, 2008 6:54 pm

Steel is at the construction site. Here's pictures on Orlando Rocks.
http://www.orlandorocks.com/info.asp?at ... nstruction

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Wed May 28, 2008 7:49 pm

awww they're gonna "rip" up the beautiful flowers...
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

I think the Title Fairy is a virgin

Postby Kalepi_Konei » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:39 am

Ok I found a layout of the track (supposedly) I hope this is really it it looks totally awesome, on the site I got it from it said Universal released this info so lets hope it comes true *crosses fingers*

Heres a lil' info on the ride...

Recently, Universal released details on the ride's layout. As usual, the marketing department tried to give some memorable names to the elements. Elements include: the Doubletake (The non-inverting loop), Treble Clef (an ascending high G helix into a Hi Hat stall and vertical dive), Jump Cut (spiraling negative-G camelback), Crowd Surfer (overbanked curve crowd fly-by), Drop Tuning (sideways drop into chasm), Plot Twist (sideways loop) and Chorus (high speed ground maneuvers).
-------------------------------------------
I wanna see how there going to pull this off, and I really want to see the non inverting loop (the plot twist) I thought it was going to be like Mantis's sideways loop, but on the site it says the worlds first non-inverting loop, so I wanna see how they pull this off!

EDIT: Now that I see this, I dont think the big loop is the record setter, its the small one.... Man Im so excited!!!! :airtime: :airtimer:

EDIT AGAIN: Oops, apparently this has been posted on the page before me, very sorry, but for those who couldnt find the photo here it is. *sigh* And there I though I was with the latest new scoop, oh well...*sigh*
rip-ride-rockit-universal.jpg
WOW!

OMG! A TALKING MUFFIN!

Postby DATman » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:45 am

^That's from the sign Universal had out at Grad Nite. It is, in fact, official.

Postby Kalepi_Konei » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:46 am

^Awesome!

Oh and sorry for reviving a somewhat old topic, with apparantly old information....

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby sccoasterfan » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:47 pm

I will definitely go to Universal next year to ride this and check out Harry Potter world.

Postby Kalepi_Konei » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:02 pm

Hey, now that I think about it the "Double Take" non-inverting loop, sounds like its going to go into the loop do a 180, crest the top of the loop (on top of it) go down the drop turn a 180 and do this in the "shape of a loop." Anyone else agree? Or want to add on to the issue....

Guaranteed Fresh or Your Money Back!

Postby dandaman » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:56 am

Don't they already have that type of thing on SLC's? Thunderhawk at ex-Geauga springs to mind:

http://www.rcdb.com/ig489.htm?picture=4

http://www.rcdb.com/ig489.htm?picture=9

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby JT3000 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:18 pm

^ That certainly isn't a loop, and it obviously inverts you.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!