Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

p. 1919 - Holiday in the Park Media Day
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby isitlunchtimeyet » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:28 pm

DevilsFlight wrote:Apparently there's something like 4 or 5 Super Loops going to SF parks. Looks like there is a package with Larson.

Yeah there was a leak on another site.
Over Georgia - Jokers Chaos
White Water - Dive Bomber
Over Texas - Battle for Metropolis
Great America - 40 Seasons
Great Escape - Buccaneer Beach
Magic Mountain - Twisted Colossus
New England - Wicked Cyclone
Great Adventure - Looping Dragon
Fiesta Texas - Batman the Ride
Discovery Kingdom - Dare Devil Chaos
St. Louis - Battle for Metropolis
America - Bourbon Street Fireball
La Ronde - Maison Rouge
Mexico - Sky Screamer

The site also says that SFOG, SFGADV, SFA, and SFDK would be getting Super Loops. So Larson probably has a deal with SF.

By the way this is the link: http://coaster-net.com/forums/index.php?/topic/12905-six-flags-2015/
Top 5: Skyrush, El Toro, Kingda Ka, Talon, Fahrenheit

Wishlist: YOLOcoaster, X2, Voyage, Goliath (SFGAm), T- Express, Twisted Colossus, Bizzaro (SFNE), Leviathan, Griffon, Dragster

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:21 pm

Interesting promotion by the park...

Apparently if you wear an NFL jersey you can get 30 minutes of ERT on select rides. According to Facebook those select rides are El Toro, The Log Flume and for some reason the Skyway even though nothing on the other side of the park is open for ERT so I guess you'd just ride it round trip.

I kind of wish I was around for this. As much as I love El Toro I couldn't pass up Log Flume ERT. lol

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:25 pm

coasterbill wrote:Interesting promotion by the park...

Apparently if you wear an NFL jersey you can get 30 minutes of ERT on select rides. According to Facebook those select rides are El Toro, The Log Flume and for some reason the Skyway even though nothing on the other side of the park is open for ERT so I guess you'd just ride it round trip.

I kind of wish I was around for this. As much as I love El Toro I couldn't pass up Log Flume ERT. lol

Thanks for mentioning, but your post is a little misleading as there is more to the promotion than you stated.

Join the NFL at Six Flags Great Adventure for NFL Tweens Father and Daughter Days, a celebration of the NFL Tweens/Juniors Apparel campaign with an exclusive ride time event BEFORE the park opens, just for fans!

The first 150 fathers and tween/junior daughters to arrive with valid park admission wearing licensed NFL apparel will receive an event wristband for early admittance into the park and exclusive access on select rides.* Participants will also have the opportunity to receive fun giveaways, games, and more! And don’t forget to wear your official NFL apparel available at NFLShop.com
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby isitlunchtimeyet » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:33 pm

What time are the announcements?
Top 5: Skyrush, El Toro, Kingda Ka, Talon, Fahrenheit

Wishlist: YOLOcoaster, X2, Voyage, Goliath (SFGAm), T- Express, Twisted Colossus, Bizzaro (SFNE), Leviathan, Griffon, Dragster

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:31 am

Looping Dragon Roars into Six Flags
In 2015, Six Flags Great Adventure introduces its thirteenth roller coaster, Looping Dragon. Twenty riders sitting in “face-off” seats rocket forward and backward pendulum style until the train gains enough momentum to complete a full revolution seven stories in the air. The coaster then kicks into high gear, completing full revolutions until it stops momentarily with riders suspended upside down, and then reverses direction for even more thrills.

Looping Dragon joins the park’s Golden Kingdom section, which is home to the world’s tallest and fastest drop ride, Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom, and the world’s tallest and fastest roller coaster, Kingda Ka.

Coming in Spring 2015! Looping Dragon is an utterly unique seven story tall looping steel coaster which towers over the Golden Kingdom section of the park.

You’ll face off against other riders in specially designed seats which bolt up and back the looped track like a pendulum, higher and higher until you’re suspended completely upside down in mid-air!

Then the Looping Dragon gains enough momentum to soar through a full 360 degree loop, again and again and again! The steel beast can even change directions, halfway through the loop!

This super-swift super-coaster stands tall next to Six Flags Great Adventure behemoths like Kingda Ka and Zumanjaro. But it will take super-sized courage to ride this Dragon!

Link: https://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/attractions/looping-dragon/overview

looping_dragon_key_art.png
looping_dragon_artist_rendering.jpg
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:48 am.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby DevilsFlight » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:45 am

While it is good they are using RT's old spot this is just a waste. It IS NOT a coaster but SFI is marketing all of them as a coaster. My last complaint is the placement. Shouldn't it be PDC themed? In the GK would've been a better placement option. And the announcement said nothing about namtaB

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:58 am

DevilsFlight wrote:While it is good they are using RT's old spot this is just a waste. It IS NOT a coaster but SFI is marketing all of them as a coaster. My last complaint is the placement. Shouldn't it be PDC themed? In the GK would've been a better placement option. And the announcement said nothing about namtaB

Dragons (all at least the flying serpent) are much more prevalent in Mexican culture than African culture.

Although, the dragon image in this graphic is Asian.
Last edited by larrygator on Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:59 am.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:02 am

larrygator wrote:
DevilsFlight wrote:While it is good they are using RT's old spot this is just a waste. It IS NOT a coaster but SFI is marketing all of them as a coaster. My last complaint is the placement. Shouldn't it be PDC themed? In the GK would've been a better placement option. And the announcement said nothing about namtaB

Dragons (all at least the flying serpent) are much more prevalent in Mexican culture than African culture.

Although, the dragon image in this graphic is Asian.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Location: Freezing for the last time in the SoakZone at SeaWorld

Postby StuckInSD » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:03 am

larrygator wrote:Dragons are much more prevalent in Mexican culture than African culture. Although, the dragon image in this graphic is Asian.

All the more reason to move Panda Express next door to it.
"I-Did-A-Dumb" Counter: 25

Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Postby rcjp » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:03 am

DevilsFlight wrote:While it is good they are using RT's old spot this is just a waste.

I get what you mean. It would be nice to use this spot for an actual coaster.
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!