Legoland Florida Discussion Thread

P. 75: LEGO Ninjago Days photo report posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Legoland Florida Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:16 pm

Geauga Dog wrote:
!!SPOILER ALERT!! My only minor complaint was the use of live action scenes. I didn't mind that there was the live action element and the tie-in to it, but I felt like it tied it in TOO much. I didn't need the movie to have an emotional struggle between a kid and his dad. I just wanted to watch Legos do fun, silly stuff.

The live action part of the movie, at first, felt like it threw the momentum of the movie off a bit but once it tied into the rest of the movie it made sense.

SPOILER ALERT!!!

I felt that not only did it throw off the momentum, but it totally changed the tone of the movie. Once the live action stuff happened, the movie went from being a fun, action/adventure flick with lots of great comedy to a more serious emotional struggle between a dad and his son. I honestly found it harder to get into the film after that happened.

Had the live action stuff been more of a cameo, like Emmet goes into the vortex and lands on the table, and then it was...

Kid: "Hey, how did that get there."
Dad: (peeks his head in): "Are you playing with my toys again?"
Kid: "Don't worry dad, I'll leave it EXACTLY how you like."
Dad: "Thanks, son. Those aren't just kids toys, you know?"

And then you popped back into the Lego world, that would have been MUCH better, IMO.

I didn't mind that there was a live action element that told the viewer "What you are seeing is just through the eyes of a kid playing with toys." I was ok with that. I did NOT like the emotional bit between family members. I felt that made the movie from being what could have been a solid "A" to a solid "B" in my mind.

But that's just my take. I wanted a fun Lego action flick and I didn't want to have to pretend about some kid and his daddy issues.

--Robb

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:10 pm

Totally agree. I wanted a fun Lego movie, not a fun Lego Movie with a weird live action scene trying to be serious and deep added in.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby GayCoasterGuy » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:37 pm

I'm liking these Son Of Beast themed trains. Keep the legend alive!

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby jcrouse » Thu May 22, 2014 8:59 pm

Today, Legoland Florida had us out for the grand opening of their brand new Duplo Valley. This area is an expansion of the toddler area near the front of the park. The theming was bright and colorful - perfect for Legoland Florida's younger guests. The new attractions include 2 train like rides, a kiddie splash zone, and play areas that complimented the existing Duplo Barn indoor (air-conditioned!) playground. Congratulations to Legoland on this wonderful addition. The kids on hand seemed to love it.

Here is the complete press release...

LEGOLAND® Florida Celebrates Opening of DUPLO ® Valley
New expansion gives toddlers ages 2-5 an entirely new way to play at LEGOLAND Florida
WINTER HAVEN, Fla. (May 22)— LEGOLAND® Florida today celebrated the opening of its newest expansion, DUPLO ® Valley. DUPLO Valley brings the LEGO ® DUPLO line of preschool building toys to life with new farm-themed attractions, an air-conditioned indoor play area and a water play area all geared to toddlers ages 2 to 5.
“We couldn’t be more excited to officially open DUPLO Valley,” said LEGOLAND Florida General Manager Adrian Jones. “Our newest expansion gives toddlers (and parents) a completely new way to play, adding to our already fantastic lineup of more than 50 rides, shows and attractions here at LEGOLAND Florida.”
Opening on May 23, park guests will find that DUPLO Valley is the ideal place to play and relax with their toddlers. New attractions coming to the expansion include DUPLO Train, DUPLO Tractor and DUPLO Splash & Play. Another key element will be the reopening of the DUPLO Barn, which features significant enhancements to allow kids to play indoors in the comfort of air conditioning.
Guests can also purchase the new ‘Preschool Pass’, including weekday (Monday-Friday) admission to LEGOLAND Florida and standard parking for both one child under five and one adult for a full year at $90, plus tax. Assigned to the child, the pass allows an adult parent or guardian to attend the park with the toddler. The pass is transferrable to multiple adults in the family, allowing, for example, a mother to visit one day, and a grandparent the next, making it ideal for families to bring their little ones to LEGOLAND Florida during the week.
For more information on DUPLO Valley and everything LEGOLAND Florida, please visit Florida.Legoland.com.

And here are the pictures...
IMG_8274.jpg
We're here at Legoland Florida!
IMG_8235.jpg
This is the entrance to the new Duplo Valley.
IMG_8238.jpg
Park General Manager, Adrian Jones
IMG_8247.jpg
Park GM Adrian Jones is joined by a family to declare the new land open.
IMG_8256.jpg
Guests explore a colorful farm on the Duplo Tractor.
photo 3.JPG
Good to know...
IMG_8270.jpg
The new Duplo Train.
photo 4.JPG
Duplo Splash & Play
photo 5.JPG
Everything was very cute, colorful and looked like a lot of fun.
photo 2.JPG
Thank you Legoland!
photo.JPG
One final photo - not Duplo related - but I thought it was pretty cool. This Star Wars tumbler had a handle on the side that played music on a keyboard like an old music box. The Star Wars scenes were placed so that they activated the notes as it turned. Pretty cool.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby CoasterLover » Sat May 24, 2014 6:19 am

^Here it is in action... pretty amazing

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sat May 24, 2014 11:53 am

^Pretty cool. Adam, no doubt, has one of these in his house. ;)

Postby Hilltopper39 » Mon May 26, 2014 12:42 pm

Duplo Valley looks great for younger kids, I'm really excited about finally taking my daughter to Legoland some time later this summer (okay, really excited about using her as an excuse for taking myself sometime later this summer).

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Mon May 26, 2014 12:57 pm

I would love to see a Diplo Valley =)
DIPLO-and-the-ratchet.jpg
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

Postby cal1br3tto » Mon May 26, 2014 5:51 pm

I may not have any reason to check this out, but I used to love Duplo, so it caught my attention. Thanks for reporting!
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby hydra » Tue May 27, 2014 9:51 am

PKI Jizzman wrote:I would love to see a Diplo Valley =)

^A thousand times this. :lover:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!