TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

Pic found on Twitter... look close behind the Midway Mania sign-

[attachment=0]scream1.jpg[/attachment]

ANAHEIM firefighters rescued 23 stranded riders from a rollercoaster in the Disneyland Resort overnight after a backpack fell from one of the cars, leading to the ride being shut down.

Nobody was injured in the incident, which occurred on the California Screamin' ride at about 6.30pm local time, the Los Angeles Times reported, citing a statement from resort spokeswoman Suzi Brown.

Ms Brown told the Orange County Register the backpack fell out of a ride vehicle and landed on the track, which caused the other cars to automatically stop.

It took firefighters about an hour to remove the people from one of the vehicles stuck on the track, she said.

The ride, which stretches over more than 1.6km, was expected to re-open today

Pic found on Twitter... look close behind the Midway Mania sign-

[attachment=0]scream1.jpg[/attachment]

ANAHEIM firefighters rescued 23 stranded riders from a rollercoaster in the Disneyland Resort overnight after a backpack fell from one of the cars, leading to the ride being shut down.

Nobody was injured in the incident, which occurred on the California Screamin' ride at about 6.30pm local time, the Los Angeles Times reported, citing a statement from resort spokeswoman Suzi Brown.

Ms Brown told the Orange County Register the backpack fell out of a ride vehicle and landed on the track, which caused the other cars to automatically stop.

It took firefighters about an hour to remove the people from one of the vehicles stuck on the track, she said.

The ride, which stretches over more than 1.6km, was expected to re-open today

Maybe its time for the fluffy bunnies at California Screamin

...of course they would be like ones at Mummy at USH, free for up to two hours

I find this kinda funny. People take backpacks on this all the time. The ride sends who knows how many trains a day for 365 days a year for almost 10 and a half years. And finally now a backpack falls out. I guess I have to wait for a more detailed report to come out.

For those of you saying that it is just a copy of Disney Studios in Florida, remember one thing: both parks are themed to the same time period! The Pan Pacific Auditorium's entrance is pretty much the perfect design to steal for theme park turnstiles. Imagineers could have chosen another historic building to emulate, but finding a historic building design in Los Angeles that could stay true to its original design and not look retarded when stretched across a wider area was probably pretty difficult for them.

Plenty of stuff falls out -- the velcro bags on the seatbacks are crap.

I always put my backpack between my legs with each leg in a strap and don't lift my legs up on California Screamin" and other rides where they make you carry your backpack on board. Works fine for me.

new_entrance_night.jpg

I really like this design, it totally has a 30's Art Deco feel to it and it's beautiful too.

I do too, but you do realize it's just the same entrance that Disney/MGM/Hollywood Studios has had since 1988, right?

It looks nice, but the design isn't new.

Edited by robbalvey

OK- one should mute the dialogue- as it's the DUMBEST thing I've heard in a park in a while. And then the dipshit gets on his cellphone? I'm pretty sure a lawsuit will be forthcoming for millions over "the trauma' that was induced by a roll-back into the loop, and how the little girl will never live a normal life, and on and on and on."

Humans. I sure wish they'd go back to their own planet.

Whoever said the improved entrance at DCA is a new design?

Also, I don't understand Disney's passion with the Glendale/Hyperion bridge, or how it has any more to do with California than the Golden Gate Bridge. Looks like some old beaten up, average LA freeway bridge to me...

Whoa check this out, It is a actual POV from the train that vallyed the other day!

Great find, what are the chances? The people on the ride were annoying though!