TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst Waterslide?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*too much airtime

How is this possible?

What is mine you ask?! My worst water slide experience was my first time on the Dragon's Tail body slide at Six Flags White Water in Atlanta, Georgia. It was my first time on a slide with three bumps on it! I thought I went too fast and caught too much air!

How is Dragon's Tail the worst waterslide? I think it should be the best if you ask me.

I was really unimpressed by Vanish Point at Water Country USA, the drop was a cool sensation until I slammed my head into the bottom of the side and the rest of the slide felt like getting hit in the face with a fire hose.

*too much airtime

How is this possible?

What is mine you ask?! My worst water slide experience was my first time on the Dragon's Tail body slide at Six Flags White Water in Atlanta, Georgia. It was my first time on a slide with three bumps on it! I thought I went too fast and caught too much air!

How is Dragon's Tail the worst waterslide? I think it should be the best if you ask me.

I was new to speed slides when I first rode it. The next time I rode it, I was prepared for the airtime moments, and loved every drop! I even waited in line a second time to try it again!

*too much airtime

How is this possible?

I was new to speed slides when I first rode it. The next time I rode it, I was prepared for the airtime moments, and loved every drop! I even waited in line a second time to try it again!

Oh, the title of the thread confused me into thinking you thought it was a bad waterslide.

^At first, yes! I wasn't used to getting so much airtime on a waterslide and having lots of water sprayed in my face, so I absolutely hated it. But I rode it a few years later, and my opinion on it did a complete 180!

I do have another thing I'd like to add to the topic though:

Gaps between seams of body slides. Scratches your back like crazy.

It still blows my mind that waterslide manufactures don't have a method to seal the seams after construction, sand them, etc... Especially for body slides.

Cedar Point refurbished their waterslides and did just this. The entire slide was completely seam free and like a giant slip and slide. The best body slides I have personally been on because of that!

I avoid most body slides completely... I just never find them enjoyable (new or old). Give me a tube or a mat, and we are OK!

Probably the old Peppermint Twist body slide at Water Country USA. I really felt like I could drown in that thing. But if you enjoy wedgies and enemas, it was perfect.

It's since been relaced with the Jammin' Jukebox slides, which are not quite as intense (and are more enjoyable).

Edited by cfc

^It was memtioned on the first page.

^^^^ That slide in particular was really, really old! For this reason, you mostly blame the water park themselves for not hiring a fiberglass restoration team, or for not going in there and smoothing it out themselves. I know WhiteWater West has a thing going on where they can restore slides from old and bland, to extra shiney and smooth.

^It was memtioned on the first page.

^^^^ That slide in particular was really, really old! For this reason, you mostly blame the water park themselves for not hiring a fiberglass restoration team, or for not going in there and smoothing it out themselves. I know WhiteWater West has a thing going on where they can restore slides from old and bland, to extra shiney and smooth.

Oh sorry the picture isn't loading for me

The Proslide toilet bowl tube slide at Fiesta Texas's water park.

I know I'm in a huge minority, but here's why: I'm 6'5" and have a 40" inseam, so my legs popped up halfway down the drop, got stuck on the ceiling of the tube, flipped me off the tube, and whacked my head on the way down. I found my way back onto the tube after a couple of rotations, but after I got off, I was bleeding from three different places. Needless to say it was the opposite of fun.

Luckily it's in the same park as iRat, Poltergeist, and the best B&M floorless of all time.

The worst and most fun slide for me is this bowl slide at Lake Lanier Islands, a tiny water park about an hour north of SFOG. This is a body slide that you violently swirl around because the bowl is tiny, and the tube that you go down to get to the bowl just kills your back. But what made it fun for me was getting on my feet and running around it in circles. There's a play area with an observation deck that looks over the slide so you can imagine everyone watching thought it was a funny and creative way to ride a water slide. I guess the lifeguards didn't seem to mind either.

I haven't ridden a lot of water slides ( the only waterparks I have been to are Blizzard Beach, Sesame Place and Wildwater Kingdom). The worst waterslide I have tried is green slide of Wildwater Rapids at Dorney. It's a very short slide, and water is hitting your face almost the entire time and it's usually painful when you hit the water because it is so fast. It's the turquoise enclosed body slide in the picture below. The other 3 slides at Wildwater Rapids and the 3 Patriot's Plunge slides are all great though, especially the red Patriot's Plunge slide with the double down.

wildwater_rapids1.jpg

• 9 months later...

The Panic Falls Speed Slides at Valleyfair's Soak City. The drop is actually decently thrilling, but the headbanging on the landing is absolutely horrible . Good thing I don't have to ride them ever again, especially with the new taller speed slides coming in 2015.

vf_speedslides_header.jpg.04fb38b2ffc1987e4d84afac0c89a825.jpg

Ouch.

Another worst slide for me.

Banzai Pipelines at SFNE. The tight twist right after the initial "Free fall" made my elbows slam into the tube, the flood of water nearly drown me, and the g-forces made it so I couldn't lift my head to even breathe.

Not fun.

I was always especially curious about those slides from Spashtacular. The radius of those turns after the free-fall have to produce some wicked g's.

The Proslide toilet bowl tube slide at Fiesta Texas's water park.

I know I'm in a huge minority, but here's why: I'm 6'5" and have a 40" inseam, so my legs popped up halfway down the drop, got stuck on the ceiling of the tube, flipped me off the tube, and whacked my head on the way down. I found my way back onto the tube after a couple of rotations, but after I got off, I was bleeding from three different places. Needless to say it was the opposite of fun.

Luckily it's in the same park as iRat, Poltergeist, and the best B&M floorless of all time.

Ouch.

I'm not sure if this counts or not, but I'll just post it here. At the Hilton Hawaiian Village, there's a pool that has a few basic water slides. Two of them do not work, but the two that do are decently thrilling. There's one slide that "transports" guests from one area of the pool to the other, and it is awful. The slide doesn't work. There's just water from the pool that is flowing down the tube. Second, I really don't see why a slide like this is necessary. Sure, the whole property is absolutely fantastic, but this small, minuscule, and useless waterslide should not exist. Unfortunately, I don't have any photos of the slide, but if you look it up, you might be able to find it.