Photo TR: Canobie Coaster's 2017 US Adventures

Christmas at Dollywood & finally riding Lightning Rod!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Photo TR: Canobie Coaster's 2017 US Adventures

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:43 pm

Waldameer

I was afraid I would miss out on Waldameer. The day before, I noticed the weather forecast predicted a 100% chance of thunderstorms and heavy rain. A forecast like that could give pause to a major park opening and would close most smaller, family parks like Waldameer. I called the park the day before asking what their rain policy was. They said as long as it wasn't thundering, they would run everything. Even in heavy rain? They said yes. I went to bed the day before hoping the forecast would be wrong just in case, but it wasn't.

The skies were grayer than Obama's hair after he left the office. On the way to Waldameer, I planned to hit Fun Fore All (my hotel was just 5 minutes away, definitely not a coincidence :lol: ) and Conneaut (any season could be that park's last). As I pulled into Fun Fore All's lot, it started to rain. Unfortunately, that shut the coaster down. The FEC had a really nice arcade so I stalled for a bit playing pinball and a few games I had never seen before, but the rain didn't stop. I'm not above stopping for a credit, but I wasn't going to wait around like a dog begging for food for a coaster less than 10ft tall to open. That's where I draw the line.

Fun Fore All didn't work out, but maybe Conneaut would? Before I could even call them, I saw their Facebook page said they would be closed due to weather. I feel like that's a park that excels in closing so that was expected. I was bummed to miss out on Blue Streak, but at least I should have another better woodie to hit at Waldameer. I called the park again on the way to confirm they were open and they greeted me with an enthusiastic yes. An hour later, I rolled into their almost entirely empty lot (it had less cars than Clementon, a true feat) as my car was pelted with rain. But the park was open!

Empty Parking Lot.JPG
I had a tough time finding a parking spot.

Park Sign.JPG
On this day, the ride side was also known as Water World.

I messed no time heading towards Ravine Flyer II just in case the weather took an even darker turn for the worse. I was not going to miss this acclaimed wooden coaster. As I walked through the empty queue, the rain slowed down a bit. That was enough to get me in the front for my first ride. The lift gives a breathtaking view of Lake Erie that is as good as the views you get on the lifts at Cedar Point.

Ravine Flyer II Lift (Back).JPG
No way I was going to risk missing Ravine Flyer II.

The first drop was very steep and I quickly learned Ravine Flyer had an affinity for tunnels. I believe there were 4 or 5. The airtime hill over the bridge gave amazing air and that was followed by an aggressive pop of ejector and a weaker pop on the turnaround hill. The train crawls over the top of the turnaround, but the drop is basically a 2nd first drop so you get all that speed back. The second bridge hill and the two tunnels afterwards give outstanding air and feel even faster than they are thanks to the ride diving in and out of tunnels. The ride loses a lot of speed in parts of the second half when it climbs back up the ravine, but there are still 4 smaller pops of air and a 90 degree turn. What a great ride!

I tried Ravine Flyer II in the back afterwards and the ride was excellent as well. The first drop was absolutely crazy, one of the best I've ridden. The major ejector air combined with the view was hard to beat. The air in the second half was weaker in the back, but not by much. I got almost 30 rides in both the front and back (as you can see crowds never became an issue). I preferred the front by a small margin thanks to the better second half and a slightly smoother ride. Despite several aggressive turns and direction changes, Ravine Flyer II is a very smooth ride. It's a great coaster. It just barely misses out on my top 5 since it does let up a tad in the 2nd half. 9.5 out of 10

Remember when the employee on the phone said they run everything in heavy rain, they weren't kidding. Most of my rides were in light to no rain, but a few were in the midst of a torrential downpour. For anyone who has ridden coasters in the rain, yes that can be a tad painful to say the least. But with my rain jacket, it was totally worth it and I applaud Waldameer for still running Ravine Flyer II even if I was the only one crazy enough to ride it. I also want to applaud the ride's staff. Despite the low crowds, they were still loading and checking the trains fast. They were also very sociable and among the friendliest I've come across at a park.

Ravine Flyer II Turnaround.JPG
The ride had 2 huge drops. This one being the drop off the turnaround.

Ravine Flyer II Airtime Hill.JPG
The ride absolutely hauls through the first half and has incredible airtime.

Ravine Flyer II Turn.JPG
The second half has some intense turns, including a 90 degree one.

Ravine Flyer II Finale.JPG
The ride loses quite a bit of speed by the end, but the last few hills still give small pops of air.

Ravine Flyer II S-Hill.JPG
It didn't matter how hard it rained, Waldameer kept sending out trains as long as people were in line.

Steel Dragon was a stark contrast to Laff Trakk. Laff Trakk was braked to death and had the interesting glow-in-the-dark theming. Steel Dragon had as little theming as humanly possible. It was a portable installation; however, once you crest the lift, the brakes don't engage until the very end. While I can appreciate a themed ride, I'll pick the faster, crazier spinning in this case. Also being the only one on the ride ensured there was even more spinning than usual since the car was grossly unbalanced. 8 out of 10

Steel Dragon Turn.JPG
No theming whatsoever, but I'll take that in exchange for an unbraked ride.

Steel Dragon Helix.JPG
You can really tell how much in rained from the water that pooled below Steel Dragon.

Comet was a solid little coaster. Tucked in the trees, the layout is loaded with some decent headchoppers. I'm pretty sure most other parks would have removed most of those branches but not Waldameer. The setting and slightly longer layout makes Comet better than the junior woodies of comparable size, but the ride experience is otherwise similar. There was one hill with air if I remember correctly. I would have said rain-slicked tracks would help, but the lighter than usual trains probably negated that. 5 out of 10

Comet Turn.JPG
I really love curved stations.

Comet Lift Hill.JPG
The layout is pretty similar to other junior woodies, but none of the others have tree coverage like the Comet.

Comet Airtime.JPG
This is probably the most full train I saw on any coaster all day.

Comet Finale.JPG
No air, but a solid junior woody.

Ravine Flyer 3 was a credit I wasn't expecting. I remembered reading that Waldameer only allowed kids on this one. That was a shame since it looked to have a considerably better layout than most kiddie coasters and was over a fountain. However, I didn't notice any signs banning adults so I casually walked up and the op let me on. Hooray! That made up for the lost credit at Fun Fore All. The ride is mostly smooth, has great placement, and the drop over the shed was a nice touch. I'm not sure if adults are always allowed now or if it depends on crowds, but as far as kiddie coasters go, this is top notch.

Ravine Flyer 3 First Drop.JPG
Waldameer has a serious affinity for fountains. Keep that in mind as you continue with this report.

Ravine Flyer 3 Turn.JPG
Ravine Flyer 3 was a surprise. I wasn't expecting to get the credit.

Waldameer is also well known for their two classic Bill Tracy dark rides. Whacky Shack is an acid trip of a ride if I've ever seen one, but that's what makes it awesome! From the creepily friendly welcome spiel running non-stop in the queue to the peculiar odor given off by the ride that should be scented by Yankee Candle, Whacky Shack has so many minor touches that makes the ride special. None of the effects are anywhere close to cutting edge, but they were all immaculately maintained and every square inch of the ride was populated with gags. It also had a drop so I'm sure some of you out there would count it as a credit. I really wish more dark rides like this existed. The nostalgia and classic feel of the ride honestly make Whacky Shack better than some of those multi-million dollar dark rides found at Universal or Disney. 10 out of 10

Whacky Shack.JPG
Everything a classic dark ride should be. This is the true hidden gem of the park.

Pirate's Cove is an interesting fun house. Like Whacky Shack, Pirate's Cove tries to disorient riders with rotating lights, darkness, and angled platforms. The ride was incredibly simplistic but a true joy to experience. I came off most rides stumbling side to side like a pirate who had just downed 2 kegs of rum. I would also pay to watch people who were absolutely hammered race through Pirate's Cove since I guarantee you they wouldn't stay on their feet the whole way. 8 out of 10

Pirate's Cove (Aerial).JPG
Ahoy matey, batten down the hatches.

Thunder River was an amazing flume. It's a long ride with two fairly steep and tall drops, a nicely shaded setting, and a long, mist-filled tunnel. The ride is also designed to provide the perfect amount of wetness but that was completely irrelevant on a day when the man upstairs spent the day wringing out his laundry over everyone in the park. 10 out of 10

Thunder River Entrance.JPG
Want to get even wetter? I had nothing to lose today.

Thunder River 1st Drop.JPG
The smaller hill gets a Canadian flag.

Thunder River 2nd Drop.JPG
And the taller hill gets an American flag. I found that hysterical for some reason.

Thunder River Splashdown.JPG
Splash!

Waldameer also has the beloved Larson/ARM tower in X-Scream. Rising high above the treeline, X-Scream gives absolutely breathtaking views of Lake Erie. I would have loved to see how much I would have been able to see on a perfectly clear day, but it was so serene seeing an empty shoreline and smelling the fresh raindrops. And then you hear the little click and the peace is disturbed as the car drops like a rock and you hover a good foot off your seat the whole way down. There's still something unnerving and awesome the moment before the brakes when you realize your butt is 100% off the seat and you are thrown back down. 10 out of 10

X-Scream Ascent.JPG
Still the best standard tower out there. This one needs no gimmicks to be absolutely terrifying.

The Sky Ride can be thanked for several or my park photos. It ran down a good chunk of the park and passed by over a dozen rides. It only had one station, but that's fine for a park as small as Waldameer. It's really all about relaxing and getting a birds eye view tour of the park. This was a day before the accident at Great Escape and am still trying to figure out how someone could have fallen the way she did.

Sky Ride.JPG
Almost a quarter of the photos in this report are brought to you from the Sky Ride.

Sky Ride Ad.JPG
Even Waldameer knows how to subtly add advertisements to their rides unlike a park with more than 5 flags.

The rest of the park's ride lineup consists of a mix of new and old flats such as a Spider, Wipeout, Bumper Cars, etc. A few of the ride ops were bouncing across flat rides. One in particular who I ran across at the Flying Swings was particularly awesome. He was clearly excited to have people finally board his ride that he was interacting with us through the speaker all ride. He was also heckling riders on Ravine Flyer II as they flew by. He was so awesome that I stopped by the Happy Swing (it was as meh as you'd expect) when I saw him there later in the day.

Ferris Wheel.JPG
The Ferris Wheel probably gave good views. I instead chose to sight-see from atop the drop tower or Ravine Flyer II.

Spider.JPG
I've come across a lot of Spiders this year and that's perfectly fine by me.

Flying Swings.JPG
North End is synonymous with world class Italian food for me. At Waldameer, it's all about a swing ride.

Mega Vortex.JPG
The park has a massive disk-o anchoring the South End.

Music Express.JPG
Another great op was stationed at the Music Express. The louder you were, the faster he cranked the ride up. Since I was the only one on the ride, I experimented and found that to be 100% true.

Wipeout Operating.JPG
Wipeout's queue was right next to Ravine Flyer II's queue. Wipeout never even had a chance with me.

Carousel Pavilion.JPG
Something seems to be missing on the inside but I can't but my finger on it.

I skipped the water park since Mother Nature turned the ride park into a water park. I was absolutely soaked to the bone throughout the day, but after the initial bout of rain, I was having too much fun to care. As far as water slides, they looked to be pretty average and nothing worth paying for since Water World is an additional cost on top of the ride side.

Water World Slides.JPG
Maybe if I wasn't already dripping wet from the monsoon like weather...

Amusement parks are well known for fried food, but I found a new fried delicacy I had never seen before at Waldameer, the deep fried pretzel. The park literally takes a super pretzel, deep fries it, and sprinkles a few bits of extra salt on top. It tasted like a hybrid of two of my favorite theme park snacks in fried dough and soft pretzels so I was in heaven. I had two of these. And they were less than $3 too!

Deep Fried Pretzel Sign.JPG
Wtf is a deep fried pretzel?

Deep Fried Pretzel.JPG
It was like a hybrid of a soft pretzel and fried dough. They were absolutely glorious.

With the low crowds, Waldameer closed two hours early at 8. I don't blame them one bit, but I commend them for staying open that late. I think they were hoping the better weather in the evening (last bit of heavy rain was around 4) would bring people in, but it didn't. I think I was the only person on well over half of the rides I took on Ravine Flyer II and the park's other rides.

Waldameer is an amazing park. While small, the park has an amazing collection of rides and really knows how to treat the customer well. This is the type of park I wish was closer to me since you can run in for a few hours and be guaranteed to have a great time. Ravine Flyer II alone is worth visiting for, but everything else makes Waldameer better than many of the larger, corporate parks I've been to. It's a bit out of the way, but I will definitely be returning in the future.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Gardaland & Mirabilandia

Postby coasterbill » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:20 am

Nice report! Good for Waldameer for being so awesome and staying open on a day when they were clearly losing money. That's great customer service. Very few small parks would have done that.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby djcoastermark » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:14 am

Canobie, we had a day very similar to yours with the mostly all day rain several years ago. Your photos took me back to that day. Everything was running (except for the flume, bummer). There was only about 20 cars in the parking lot. They also closed early at 8. Need a new category for Amusement Parks. I vote it "Best park ever to go to on a rainy day."

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:33 am

Awesome update. Looks like a great little park.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby coneyislandchris » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:18 am

djcoastermark wrote:Everything was running (except for the flume, bummer).

Out of all the possible things to close... :lol:

Awesome report, Canobie. I'm gonna be near there next month, hadn't planned out any time to stop in, but I might just have to figure out some way to wedge it into an already-packed schedule.
That coaster dad [336] and that coaster kiddo [216]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Twisted Timbers. Intimidator 305. El Toro.

Kiddo's faves: Talon. Alpengeist. Raptor. Twisted Timbers. Fury 325.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:27 am

I agree. There is absolutely no way the park made money on the day I was there, but they did earn a repeat customer for sure. I've had few days at a park that were that awesome.

djcoastermark wrote:Canobie, we had a day very similar to yours with the mostly all day rain several years ago. Your photos took me back to that day. Everything was running (except for the flume, bummer). There was only about 20 cars in the parking lot. They also closed early at 8. Need a new category for Amusement Parks. I vote it "Best park ever to go to on a rainy day."

That's ironic the flume closed, but really crummy since I haven't found many that are as good as Waldameer's. It's on par with the one at Knoebels.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:46 pm

Great Escape

On the way home from Pennsylvania, I decided to make a pit stop at Great Escape. It was only an hour out of the way and I hadn't been on the Comet in a few years, so I was due for a ride on one of my favorite wooden coasters. Little did I know that I would be attending on one of the most infamous days in the park's history, June 24, 2017.

Sasquatch (Top).JPG
Welcome to the Great Escape, aka a family park trying to resist being transformed by the Six Flags corporate virus.

After only having 7 pages of activity in 1.5 years on the Park Discussion page, the park achieved 7 pages in a span of 1.5 weeks. Did the park announce that they would RMC the Comet? Thank god they didn't. Besides the point that the park would never receive a coaster that noteworthy to generate that much discussion, the park unfortunately was the site of one of the oddest and most miraculous accidents ever with their Sky Ride. I left before the accident occurred, but I am still in shock how the girl managed to slide beneath the bar and am very impressed that the parkgoers risked their own safety in order to break the girl's fall and save her life.

Greezed Lightning Overview.JPG
I'm stiff baffled how someone could be reckless enough to fall from this thing. Props to the people who broke her fall.

I rolled into the lot at 11:15. Like my visit to Great Adventure earlier in the trip, I had a short and simple plan for Great Escape. I needed to be back in my car by 12:45 to make it back to Massachusetts in time to return my rental car, so my plan was as follows:

Step 1- Ride the kiddie coaster.
Step 2- Ride the Comet in the front.
Step 3- Ride the Comet in the back.
Step 4- Ride the Extreme Supernova (time permitting).
Step 5- Avoid the Bobsled at all costs since that ride's putrid capacity would tank Steps 1-4.

11:15- I got out of my car.

The walk to the entrance gives a great overview of the park's Great Escape Lodge on the way. I was skeptical how well Six Flags could manage a hotel considering their legendarily bad foray into the barbershop industry (look it up if you don't know what I'm talking about), but the Great Wolf Lodge knockoff was actually quite good. The water park doesn't appear to have expanded at all since then though, but they had 3 slides with some tiny pops of air and the whole resort was well-themed. Only negative was the food. The food was as bad as the park food. Guess that's one constant with Six Flags.

Great Escape Lodge.JPG
Basically a Great Wolf Lodge. Just replace Wolf with Escape.

You also get some great views of the Arrow loop-screw, but I try and forget that the Steamin' Demon exists.

Steamin' Demon Corkscrew (Outside Park).JPG
My head hurts just looking at it.

11:20- Made it past the metal detectors. Wow that was well organized for a Six Flags park. Usually it's a sea of people with a poorly marked line...

Oh there's the bad line, it was after the metal detectors at the turnstiles.

11:35- Made it into the park after being line jumped by who knows how many families. The mosh pit to enter the park was like boarding a plane when people refuse to form a coherent line and instead march forward like a pack of zombies.

Timbertown.JPG
You know why I'm in the kids area. And I can't use Bugs Bunny as an alibi this time.

11:40- Entered the line for the kiddie coaster. It appeared to be a two train wait. It's still weird that the park doesn't have a Looney Tunes area. Instead they have a generic Timbertown area, but it looks really nice.

The operator was trying to operate the kiddie coaster at maximum efficiency so he asked for a single rider. I didn't see anyone else throw their hands up, so I figured why not and threw my hand in the air much to the shock of the ride op. I tried to board as quickly and nondescriptly as possible. The kid I was paired with sat on the seat closest to the ride platform and just looked blankly at me. I kindly asked him to move since I sure as heck wasn't going to climb over a kid, but he didn't move a muscle. At this point, I was drawing even more attention but I was committed. The boy's dad noticed what was going on and eventually hollered something over in French and finally I had my throne of shame laid before me on Frankie's Mine Train.

11:50- Credit obtained. Dignity barely in tact.

Frankie's Mine Train.JPG
No clue who Frankie is, but he has a mine train.

I moved towards the Comet. Along the way I kept telling myself not to get distracted by the Alpine Bobsled. There was no way a coaster with a capacity that low wouldn't already be pulling a 30+ minute wait. But then again, this could be the coaster's last year. The temptation was strong, but the Alpine Bobsled had my back. It was closed.

11:55- Successfully walked past the closed Alpine Bobsled.

Alpine Bobsled Closed.JPG
This ride is just barely open more than Lightning Rod.

12:00- Entered the queue for the Comet.

Despite being far and away the park's best attraction, it almost always has the shortest line in the park. Even on a Saturday with clear, sunny skies in June, I figured the ride would have a 10-15 minute wait. I was wrong; I overestimated the wait by 10-15 minutes. :lol: That is because it has by far the best capacity of any coaster in the park. The Comet runs two trains and usually dispatched the second train before the previous one hit the brakes (granted they didn't exactly have many restraints to check).

I was able to get 2 rides in the very front and 1 ride in the back. Last I rode the Comet in 2013, I remember it being a top 5 wooden coaster for me with fantastic airtime on every hill after the first turnaround and some aggressive laterals on the turns. Having tripled my credit count since then, the Comet wasn't as good as I remembered. It's still a very good wooden coaster, but it's no longer a 10/10 kind of ride for me. The airtime was weaker than I remembered, but it was present on each hill after that first turnaround. The ride is still incredibly smooth which is a borderline miracle to me after seeing the state some of the chain's other wooden coasters. I preferred the front, but the back was really good as well. 8.5 out of 10

Comet Lift (2017).JPG
The park's star attraction and it isn't even close.

Comet 1st Turnaround Ascent.JPG
Every hill after this turnaround has airtime. Not crazy ejector, but moderate floater.

Comet 2nd Turnaround.JPG
Still smooth despite the ride's age and Six Flags.

Comet Finale (2017).JPG
Not a 10/10 ride like I remembered, but still a very fun wooden coaster from start to finish.

12:15- Stepped off the train after ride number 3.

12:20- Entered the line for the Extreme Supernova.

After successfully getting 3 rides in the time I expected to get 1 ride, I had some extra time. With that, I decided to try my first Zamperla frisbee, the Extreme Supernova. I'm glad the park finally added another dry ride near the Comet since that section of the park was pretty lonely outside of the adjacent water park. It's still very weird that you have to walk through the heart of the water park to get to the Comet, but in some ways I think that keeps people getting to it since they are distracted by the brightly colored slides and chlorinated water.

Most frisbees only give 4 or so max swings. Extreme Supernova instead has a really strong cycle and has plenty of full swings. The full swings aren't as intense as they are on other models, but they do give nice little pops of air. In a Six Flags park that is oddly lacking in the thrill ride department, the Extreme Supernova is an above average frisbee and one of the park's better rides. 8 out of 10

12:30- Stepped off the Extreme Supernova.

Extreme Supernova Loading.JPG
This is a new sight.

Extreme Supernova Full Swing.JPG
A pretty good frisbee. Long cycle and it gave plenty of full swings unlike most other models.

Alpine Freefall (2017).JPG
On the left is the park's new for 2017 attraction, the Banzai Pipeline. You can also see just how weird the Comet's placement is.

12:35- Lured into the queue for the Alpine Bobsled.

Alpine Bobsled Sign.JPG
Well wouldn't you know? It actually opened! But why is it so quiet?

I started making my way towards the front of the park. I was tempted to hit the Bobsled, but I didn't hear the ride's familiar roar so I figured it was still closed. But as I walked by, something was missing. The "Ride Closed" sign was gone! Maybe the ride just opened and I could sneak on without a wait. As I walked into line, I noticed an already sizable queue. But why is the ride so quiet? Then I saw the orange safety vests of doom and a train stuck on the lift hill. Figures the Bobsled would break down.

12:36- Nope. Not today. But I hope the ride isn't removed since it's seriously the park's second best coaster and the best steel bobsled in the country in my opinion.

Alpine Bobsled Stuck on Lift.JPG
It would manage to get stuck on the lift immediately after opening.

As I made my way towards the gate, I took some photos of the rest of the park. The middle of the park is surprisingly well-shaded for a Six Flags park and has two pretty good flats in Blizzard (among the fastest scramblers out there) and the Screamin' Eagles (not snappable, but great location and fast). The front used to be more charming, but it's now dominated by Sasquatch, Flashback (the renamed Boomerang), and Greezed Lightnin'.

Blizzard.JPG
Arguably the fastest scrambler out there.

Screamin' Eagles Sign.JPG
I love the location of the flyers.

Flashback Lift (Empty).JPG
A surprisingly smooth boomerang, but I didn't have time to ride it today.

Greezed Lightnin' Looping.JPG
The park's newest "coaster" does look pretty intimidating at the front of the park.

12:45- Pulled out of the lot. Mission complete.

Overall, I had a very short visit to the Great Escape, but I did everything I needed to. The Comet wasn't quite as good as I remembered, but it's still a fun classic. I will likely be back sometime in the near future since my girlfriend wants to go on a trip to Lake George in the next year or two and I'm definitely going to pop in again for a visit. Despite being owned by Six Flags, the park feels somewhat different. It doesn't feel entirely like a family park, but it also doesn't feel fully corporate. It's the grey area in between so I hope the park can continue to hang onto the classic parts that it has retained.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby djcoastermark » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:02 pm

It's good to hear Comet still runs well. Last time I rode the Comet was when it was sitting along side Lake Erie at Crystal Beach. And one of the reasons I made the trip there was because of my mother's tales of riding it when she was a kid back in the late 1940's. Loving this TR of yours.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:13 pm

It's really impressive how well the park maintains the Comet. Six Flags isn't the best at maintaining their woodies, but they often aren't the park's star attraction. In this case, the Comet is easily the park's best ride so I think they do pay closer attention to it.

That also may be why El Toro has remained smooth all these yeras as well. I know it's a plug and play woodie, but Heide Park proved that even one of those coasters can get rough without the right TLC.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:21 pm

We ended up missing you by only a couple days. Rikki and I were there on Monday, having decided to make the drive up after her sister's wedding the day before at Bear Mountain. She was so annoyed that the sky ride was closed (she loves those things), especially after learning of the idiocy that shut it down to begin with. Love the charm of that place, especially compared to the corporate feel of the other Six Flags parks that I've been to. Alpine Bobsleds was running a couple days later just fine (and tried to kill me). Looks like you had a great time, though, awesome pictures!
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!