Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Somebody Get This Guy Some SUGAR!

Postby thunder001 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:04 am

Waiting in line for the Lethal Weapon SLC, heard a young girl and her friend...
1st Girl "How does it get up the hill."

2nd Girl "There are motors on the train"

1st Girl "Are they wireless controlled"

2nd Girl "They must be".

Did I mention that they were blonde.....
The Old Man, no longer MIA.

I love pickles. No more comments neccesary.

Postby USRoadTripper » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:20 am

The first one that cames to my mind was from when I was a CM at Universe of Energy. Standing inside Epcot this guy says..."We just came from Disney World...how do I get to the MGM Grand?" hahaha The CM in me had to say "Well, to get to the MGM Studios you need to..." but the smart A$$ in me really wanted to say "Go out here and take a right, then another right and exit the park. Then get in a cab and go to the airport. Then buy a ticket on the airline of your choice to Las Vegas. Once you're there, I'm sure someone else can help you."
-Julie

If I was a rich girl

Postby AllisonY2K » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:55 am

"What time does the 3 o'clock parade start?"

that one is always a classic. :roll:

He's kind of sad and pathetic

Postby BarryH » Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:29 pm

I overheard a mom saying this to her kids during a thunderstorm at Clementon Amusement Park...

"Don't you know anything? Lightning is the electric shock. Thunder is the electrostatic discharge. Didn't you learn anything in school?"

I wonder what she learned in school, because lightning and thunder are defined below according to Wilkipedia...

Lightning is a powerful natural electrostatic discharge produced during a thunderstorm. Lightning's abrupt electric discharge is accompanied by the emission of light. The electricity passing through the discharge channels rapidly heats and expands the air into a plasma, producing lightning's characteristic thunder sound.

Thunder is the sound of the shockwave caused when lightning instantly heats the air around it to up to 30 000 °C (54 000 °F). That super-heated air expands rapidly, then contracts as it cools. The rapid expansion/contraction generates sound waves, making the sound that is called "thunder."

Because sound and light travel at different speeds through the atmosphere, one can time the interval between them to roughly estimate how far away the bolt of lighting is. The speed of sound in air is approximately 340 m/s (761 mph), while the speed of light is so fast that the lightning is seen only a few microseconds after the event, so the lightning is approximately one kilometre distant for every 3 second interval (one mile for every 5 seconds).

They're also the names of the trains in Lightning Racer. :D

I wanted to correct her so bad, but I laughed at her to myself and come on, it's Clementon Amusement Park!

Randomness

Postby coasterdude5 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:20 pm

AllisonY2K wrote:"What time does the 3 o'clock parade start?"

that one is always a classic. :roll:

:shock:

Bork! Bork! Bork!

Postby Not For Sale » Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:26 pm

A guy on WDWMagic.com that worked at Tower of Terror at WDW said that a person asked him "Why's it raining? Can't you make it stop raining?"
-Bryan Stoll
Stupidity|Show|Self

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby redunzelizer » Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:44 pm

Two guys in the waiting line of Alpina Bahn at the Düsseldorf Fair last week:

1st: Lets go to the front car.

2nd: Lets go to the back.

1st: C'mon, let's go to the front!!!

2nd: No, lets go to the back, it's faster!

redunzelizer, at that moment assuming the train would be way shorter, if not turned backwards when hitting the station brakes....

Postby Wes » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:05 pm

GP: OMG, this coaster is <insert random incorrect, probably over-exaggerated statistic here>!!!!!!!!!
ME: YOU FUCKING MORON, LOL.

If I was a rich girl

Postby AllisonY2K » Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:50 pm

I remembered 3 lovely incidents from when a friend and former CM at Fort Wilderness told me some of the outrageous things the GP has said or asked.

1) resort guest was seen approaching an alligator at the shore of Bay Lake with his little daughter. when asked "what do you think you're doing?" he replied "I was just going to put my daughter on this here alligator." "that's a real gator, sir." "oh, I thought it was audio-animatronic."

B) resort guest called down to the main desk (at Ft. Wilderness, mind you) and asked if they could turn down the volume of the frogs outside as they were keeping his family awake.

III) resort guest was afraid to leave his cabin because there were ninja turtles hiding in the trees waiting to kill him.

I wish I was making #III up, but sadly it happened.

oh, then there was the time where the parents of 3 younger children put the kids to bed then headed out to Pleasure Island. the oldest child was found wandering one of the loops (layout of Ft. Wilderness cabins/campsites) trying to find his parents. WDW security had to track the parents down and sadly, since children were involved, Orange County PD and Child Protective Services had to be called. :(

Good to the last drop

Postby ECZenith » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:10 pm

Hersheypark's Great Bear, 2002, group of people who had obviously never seen an inverted coaster...

"YO MAN, THEY START OUT UPSIDE DOWN?!!!!!"
-Sean C.

FORMER DISNEYLAND ATTRACTION OP

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!