Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Adventuredome in Las Vegas

Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:01 pm

^ Eiffel Tower, though, screws you with Ticketmaster fees even if you buy on site. Two weeks ago we tried for the locals 2-for-1 admission with daytime pricing. They told me it'd be $17.95. The extra $7 gets tacked on and isn't advertised at all. I laughed, said no thank you, and walked out.

Stratosphere and Adventuredome, thankfully, don't go through Ticketmaster. I really appreciate that!

Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:59 pm

^I'm not sure that was actually ticketmaster and not Paris charging that fee. Secret Garden and Shark Reef are both on ticketmaster and I've never once been charge a TM fee for entering those. Sounds like Paris is trying to pass off the amount they get charged by TM for their service to the customers. I'm sure MGM does the same but their prices includes that cost where Paris probably lists it without it to make it look cheaper before they slap you with the fee.

Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:50 pm

^ I've never been to Shark Reef or Secret Garden, so I have no clue about Ticketmaster for them, but I do know that the shows I've bought on MGM properties, to the best of my memory, have been through their own ticketing system. Go figure, haha.

Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:39 pm

Not really posting this as a major update but they did make more progress overnight. One more track section and the truss for the second block brake are now in place.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:53 pm

Mr Stratosphere wrote:Not really posting this as a major update but they did make more progress overnight. One more track section and the truss for the second block brake are now in place.

If you ever hear when they decide to do a soft opening. POST IT. I'll leave work and be there. Anytime!!

Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:27 pm

Count me in too.

Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:11 pm

x2isawesome wrote:Count me in too.

Sounds like a plan!!!

Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:18 am

KBrylczyk wrote:^ I've never been to Shark Reef or Secret Garden, so I have no clue about Ticketmaster for them, but I do know that the shows I've bought on MGM properties, to the best of my memory, have been through their own ticketing system. Go figure, haha.

All MGM box offices run on Ticketmaster. Adventuredome is the only attraction at an MGM resort that does't use TM.

Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:18 pm

Double0Kevin wrote:All MGM box offices run on Ticketmaster. Adventuredome is the only attraction at an MGM resort that does't use TM.

I stand corrected. At least they advertise ticket prices correctly so you don't get surprised when purchasing.

Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:05 am

Double0Kevin wrote:^Prices went up on Friday. All things considered it's still a way better deal than most Vegas attraction. NYNY is $14 and that coaster is not nearly as fun as Canyon Blaster.

Yeah, those prices aren't bad at all. I can't believe how fast it went up. Of course, being in a covered park sure helps. ;)
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS