Adventuredome Discussion Thread

Double amputee falls out of El Loco
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Re: NEWS: Circus Circus proposes adding 5.5-acre water park

Postby WFChris » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:27 pm

OK, I may be going out on a limb here, but are there people here that DON'T think the Adventuredome is trashy?

I think on it's own, its a cool little park, but unless they keep it perfect and in tip top shape, I see it having trouble attracting Angelinos. With all of our 'high end' parks here in So Cal, I don't think we find the place very interesting, and it's always completely dead when I visit. Perhaps it appears a little nicer to travelers from other parts of the country, but in my (and my friends) opinion, the place has always been kinda dumpy feeling and unfinished.

I agree with others about taking the money for this weird pool oasis and using it to either vamp up the leaky dome, or put it towards imploding the rapidly aging property.

Knows where his bowel is

Postby HEADCHEEZ » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:33 pm

I just don't understand this. For the last two years, Circus Circus has been telling us Adventuredome was getting a mass upgrade, including a new coaster, and then they scrap it in order to build a water park when two are already being built within a 20 minute drive. What were they thinking? Adventuredome is a good park but desperately needs to be fixed up. I guess we'll have to wait a little longer.

Last coaster I rode= Outlaw Run - Silver Dollar City - 7/26/2017

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Condor » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:28 pm

^That's just how the suits running Vegas think. Once one resort does something, you can bet the farm that every other property said company has will get one too and all of the competition will jump on the bandwagon with their own version until the market is way past saturation. "Why build something different when we can let someone else's market research do our work for us?"

So, in other words, it's exactly like every other industry!

I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Postby _koppen » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:58 am

azza29 wrote:So this is what, the third waterpark that's been announced for Vegas in the past few months? ProSlide must be rubbing their hands together with glee...

Considering ProSlide aren't providing anything for the announced water parks in Vegas, I really doubt that's what they are doing.
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby Chittlins » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:48 pm

Surprised no one has mentioned it but a snippit in PArk World and a update or two on Screamscape seem to point to Adventure Dome getting a custom S&S El Loco soon

http://www.parkworld-online.com/news/fullstory.php/aid/2405/Ride_Manufacturer_Update.html

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby DougMJr » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:53 pm

^Hmmm, interesting. Not sure where they would put it but I could be cool if the incorporated the big ol' fake mountain in some way like they did with Canyon runner.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:48 pm

Looking forward to more news on this, especially as I really enjoyed Steel Hawg and I would think they've only gotten better (at least assuming the newer restraints come standard). I guess I have some time to decide whether to hold off on visiting 'til it opens, or go before then and sweep it up later when it does. It's like how I always go back and forth on whether I should try to go out of my way for Desperado, or to wait for Speed in case it make a comeback.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:50 am

^^^Yeah, I can pretty much confirm that they will be getting a custom S&S El Loco in the place of Rim Runner's splash down pool.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby DougMJr » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:10 am

^So am I to understand that Rim Runner is being removed. I wouldn't be surprised, it was looking pretty beat last time I was there.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:30 am

^Yes. The removal of Rim Runner has been a strong rumor for years now, looks like it's finally happening.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!