Nickelodeon Universe Discussion Thread

P. 202: $250 million indoor water park project approved!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Nickelodeon Universe Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:33 am

Oh my god I love this mall.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:38 am

I feel like the people of Minnesota deserve/need something like this to tolerate their winter weather. =)

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby RCjunkie » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:50 am

^ I can agree with that. :) And now VF's approved water park expansion project will be totally blown out of the water (pardon the pun) by this behemoth before it is even built (that is IF Valleyfair builds it). If MOA/NU threw up a B&M hyper or an RMC in the parking lot next to this new water park would anyone even go to VF anymore? :lol:

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:14 pm

Minneapolis makes it so easy to get in and out of MoA with public transportation I'll absolutely take a quick flight up there for the weekend to escape the colder weather for some coasters, flumes, and slides. Thank you, Minneapolis!
{1991} Chicago guy. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:05 am

Sweeeeeeeet! We are definitely going here when it opens (even if that's several years). We love Minnesota and this is just one more reason to go back.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby mary.pesik » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:58 pm

Don't worry we've got the same thing in the American Dream (can't wait for when THAT comes)
THE GRID

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:55 pm

Hahaha, ok. Yeah, a mall twice as far from me. Good rec there.

I love Minnesota for the natural beauty, the friendly people, the cool summer weather that is a welcome relief from muggy Southern heat.

I also love New Jersey, but more in the sense that I can't look away from the train wreck happening all around me. It's an amusing and fascinating place, and I can't believe it actually exists.

Yeah, I'd go back to New Jersey

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby garyman6 » Wed May 01, 2019 6:32 am

RCjunkie wrote:^ I can agree with that. :) And now VF's approved water park expansion project will be totally blown out of the water (pardon the pun) by this behemoth before it is even built (that is IF Valleyfair builds it). If MOA/NU threw up a B&M hyper or an RMC in the parking lot next to this new water park would anyone even go to VF anymore? :lol:

Of Course we would. There are all kinds of examples where the two coexist! Plus, the mall can be way too busy much of the time. I took my daughter to Nick U. last month. We paid for all-day wrist bands and rode a total of 3 rides! Every line was 45 min wait min. And as much as I'd love to see a big coaster put up there, unless they can figure out a way to have the station inside Nick U and the track leaving the mall, I don't see that as being a viable option. Cedar Fair has shown itself to not back down from competition. If anything, maybe it will make them re-evaluate their plans for Valleyfair and increase the investment. I mean from a tourist perspective or a theme park enthusiast perspective, what could be better then having two great destinations within 20 min of each other. Honestly, I think Valleyfair should partner up with MOA and offer shuttle buses from the Mall to Valleyfair! No car rental or Lyft needed.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Dombot » Wed May 01, 2019 9:41 am

mary.pesik wrote:Don't worry we've got the same thing in the American Dream (can't wait for when THAT comes)

In all seriousness, this looks awesome. Really cool to see that they're building on both the Nick Universe parks rather than focusing on just the one. It's quite the investment, but it looks really promising and I'm super excited. :)
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Goliath (SFoG) 5. Mako
6. Twisted Cyclone 7. Alpengeist 8. Mine Blower 9. Montu 10. Incredible Hulk

"If you trip me I will crumble and fall because I am a poorly structured building" ~Carson King

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!