TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nickelodeon Universe (MOA) Discussion Thread

Yeah, I think we should drop this wooden coaster talk since I highly doubt it will ever happen. Besides, as I said earlier, they don't really have any place to put in a new coaster right now. Nick Universe is doing just fine with their current lineup. Not saying they won't ever need a new coaster, it's just not a necessity at the moment.

Mall of America is currently undergoing an expansion, but there are no plans for a waterpark as far as I know. Besides, there is a waterpark called Water Park of America just up the road.

Plans have been approved for a waterpark last I heard, but that doesn't mean that it's part of what is currently being worked on or even scheduled. It's in the cards somewhere, but I don't believe it's part of this phase of expansion. Great Wolf Lodge is a name that's been thrown around quite a bit.

Oh ok then. But if they do I don't think Water park of America will offer much competition. I went to its website and it doesn't really have a lot of slides or big attractions

Yeah it honestly isn't anything crazy, although they do have the best family raft I've ever been on.

Really? I've been on the zacspin at SFMM and it sucked and I've heard good things about the Stingray in China. Have been on any of the other zacspins and are they better than Green Lantern?

Haven't been on a Zacspin, but I have never heard a bad thing about Insane at Grona Lund.

A quick look through RCDB shows:

Vekoma Stingray at Giant Wheel Park of Suzhou -- 103.7 feet tall

Kirnu (smallest current Intamin ZacSpin) at Linnanmäki -- 83.3 feet tall.

Keeping in mind:

Spongebob: Rock Bottom Plunge -- 74.5 feet tall

• 1 month later...

A new attraction called "FlyOver" is coming to NU. Details in the link: http://www.startribune.com/local/south/300134141.html

Planned MOA ride gives new meaning to flyover land

Article by: ANNE MILLERBERND , Star Tribune Updated: April 16, 2015 - 9:36 PM

In virtual terms, $20 million attraction will take patrons to American landmarks.

People travel from all over the world to experience the Mall of America, and in spring 2016 those visitors can experience some of the most incredible places in the United States without even leaving the mall.

Mall officials said Thursday they’ll be adding a new virtual tour called FlyOver America to its mini-amusement park, Nickelodeon Universe.

The new attraction will allow riders to see, feel and even smell some of the country’s landmarks in a virtual tour, the mall said in a news release.

Riders will sit 10 to 25 feet above ground facing a massive half-spherical screen.

Edited by larrygator

^That sounds incredible!

The only thing I am worried about is that they said that tickets will be under $20, and seperate from admission/wristband. I really hope that it is on the low end of that proposed number (Under $10), I just don't want it to be $15-$20 a ride.

It's awesome that they are adding this, though!

EDIT: I just re-read it, and somehow I missed the 25 minute ride time! Maybe $15-$20 isn't that over-priced (But it is definatly steep)!

So it will be like Soarin' at the Disney parks?

It should be fairly similar.

From the article:

The $20 million attraction is a spinoff of the wildly successful FlyOver Canada in Vancouver, according to a Mall of America news release. Former Disney “Imagineer” Rick Rothschild who helped design Disneyland’s “Soarin’ Over California” ride is at work on the mall’s new attraction.