Nickelodeon Universe Discussion Thread

P. 202: $250 million indoor water park project approved!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Re: Nickelodeon Universe Discussion Thread

Postby cwsr » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:21 pm

It looked very cool and I would have jumped at a chance to ride it about 10 years ago. My body don't do well with rides anymore. So I will just continue to photograph and enjoy the atmosphere.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Prettyslr » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:20 pm

Ok, so I'm headed out to Minnesota for a friend's wedding. During my stay I plan on visiting MOA and Valleyfair on Monday and Tuesday the 13th and the 14th. Me and my boyfriend was wondering if anyone wanted to play guide/friend type person with us? If you decide to go, I'll give you a shot glass from Chicago.

Alan Schilke is my "man crush".

Postby Woodie Warrior » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:30 pm

I was able to visit MoA on Friday, and spent three hours at Nick U.

-Pepsi Orange Streak-A fun, smooth coaster that is really more about the sights than the ride. 7.5/10
-SpongeBob SquarePants Rock Bottom Plunge-The climb and the drop are really amazing, but the rest of the ride is kind of rough. A pretty thrilling and exciting ride though, definitely the best coaster there. The little themeing around and in the queue is fun. 9/10
-Teenage Ninja Mutant Turtles Shell Shock-This ride was the one I was most excited for, because I've never been on anything like it before. It was a pretty boring ride that let me down. It was tough to control the rocking back and forth, and the only notification of how to do so was a group of TVs around the queue. The ride ops told us nothing about how to do so. This is a maintenance nightmare. It broke down multiple times. I don't expect for it to last much longer at the park. The only plus side was its cool view and the themeing of the queue.4/10
-BrainSurge-It was a really fun and unique ride. It really isn't as nauseating as it looks.8.5/10
-Backyardigans Swing-a-Long- Really the same as any other swing ride. It was fun, but turning the seats backwards had really no effect on the ride experience. 5.5/10
Rest of review soon!
Top 10: 1. The Voyage 2. Outlaw Run 3. Millennium Force 4. SkyRush 5. Maverick
6. El Toro 7. Fahrenheit 8. Storm Runner 9. Thunderbird 10. Powder Keg

Alan Schilke is my "man crush".

Postby Woodie Warrior » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:12 pm

The Spongebob and Fairy Odd coasters were kind of rough, probably due to not having concrete footers because they are indoors.
Top 10: 1. The Voyage 2. Outlaw Run 3. Millennium Force 4. SkyRush 5. Maverick
6. El Toro 7. Fahrenheit 8. Storm Runner 9. Thunderbird 10. Powder Keg

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:50 pm

^^The one we saw on the Oktoberfest trip (I forget which park) had kids making it flip 20+ times...I think it is just one of those things you have to figure out on your own (I doubt the park wants to encourage excessive flipping).

Jo My Oh!

Postby Jerrykoala2112 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:45 am

Woodie Warrior wrote:-Teenage Ninja Mutant Turtles Shell Shock-This ride was the one I was most excited for, because I've never been on anything like it before. It was a pretty boring ride that let me down. It was tough to control the rocking back and forth, and the only notification of how to do so was a group of TVs around the queue. The ride ops told us nothing about how to do so. This is a maintenance nightmare. It broke down multiple times. I don't expect for it to last much longer at the park. The only plus side was its cool view and the themeing of the queue.4/10

I would agree with you, but you probably sat in the wrong seat. The only seats I managed to get to go upside down were the outside seats in the 2nd and 4th rows. All the others, you can try, but it's not fast enough to go upside down. In the 2nd row, I managed to get flipped repeatedly until the ride slowed down (my arms were sore, it's hard to keep spinning once you get it going!)

What was Jer's last adventure? Drayton Manor - 2012
Check out my SFGAm Music Video - Here

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby jerryd » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:22 pm

Some quick comments

This morning Nick U as part of there Summer of Turtles had free rides on Shell Shock from 10AM to 1PM for everyone.

Also occurring was "Shell Shock Challenge" where the rider who spins the most would win a annual pass and T Shirt.

9 second place winners would receive 2 wristbands and T shirt.

There where 2 very experienced riders that managed 58 spins each! They each received a annual pass..

I was present with the intent to watch and take advantage of some free rides. Once I took a couple of rides as a public rider I signed up and encountered a rule that hindered my performance. GP can ride with glasses and a strap, contestants can not..

In the end I was in the top 10 with a low 13 spin count, I did much better when I can see! But not enough that it mattered today.

There where a number of people that signed up for the contest and never managed to flip.

Seat selection is important, not all perform as well as others... Outside is easier.

The park does offer hints, but it comes down to skill and experience if you want to spin

After 3 hours of riding it this morning my arms and legs are sore!

Jerry

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Schrecken » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:03 pm

I'm going to be going to this park the first weekend of August, and I have a few questions. First, how crowded does this park get on weekends (I will be there either on a Friday or Saturday)? Where can I get discounts for admission? Any other advice for a first-time visitor to this park?

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby jerryd » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:21 am

Discount admission coupons can be obtained from local Subway restaurants. MoA subway does not have them,
There is also a ClubTPR discount if your a member via the NickU online ticketing system

Park can get busy on the weekends, as long as there is no special events you should be able to get the majors done in 3-4 hours with no problems including some re-rides.

Get to the park early at opening..

Jerry

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Schrecken » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:06 pm

OK, thanks for the info!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!