Most Overrated coaster?

What coaster was super hyped, and became a let down.
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Most Overrated coaster?

Postby Superbatboy » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:53 pm

joelwee wrote:VR coasters are overrated.

They make me dizzy and nauseous, and I think the Nintendo 64 produced better graphics than the Gear VR goggles that Six Flags uses.

Not sure about better, but definitely on par :lol:

1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby Stonem » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:29 pm

Henry M wrote:Expedition Geforce is so rated, it simply HAS to be overrated. No rollercoaster can possibly live up to how Expedion Geforce is seemingly worshiped in the coaster world. My expectations are super high for this ride, so much so that I feel I can only be disappointed, which is annoying. Does anyone have a legitimate crappy review for this ride to lower my expectations to a reasonable level? :lol:

I rode it back in 2012. It's a very good ride but just not the best in the world, there are better rides out there imho. I was a bit let down when I rode it compared to all the review. Still one of the best coasters I have ever ridden.
Coaster Counter : 146

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:33 pm

This sounds like SFNE's Superman, which has always been near the top of the Mitch Hawker and Golden Ticket (laugh if you want, but it's still something). It's a great coaster, but it never has been in my top 5. Heck I don't even think Superman is the park's best coaster any more.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Waldameer & Canada's Wonderland

Postby JordyC » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:26 am

Stonem wrote:
Henry M wrote:Expedition Geforce is so rated, it simply HAS to be overrated. No rollercoaster can possibly live up to how Expedion Geforce is seemingly worshiped in the coaster world. My expectations are super high for this ride, so much so that I feel I can only be disappointed, which is annoying. Does anyone have a legitimate crappy review for this ride to lower my expectations to a reasonable level? :lol:

I rode it back in 2012. It's a very good ride but just not the best in the world, there are better rides out there imho. I was a bit let down when I rode it compared to all the review. Still one of the best coasters I have ever ridden.

This! It's a very good coaster, with a fantastic drop and some awesome airtime. But as you said, it's just not the very best coaster out there. Still a top 10 ride though, and my number 3.
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 4. Shambhala - PortAventura 5. Taron - Phantasialand 6. Helix - Liseberg 7. Colossos - Heide Park 8. Lech Coaster - Legendia 9. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 10. Goliath - Walibi Holland

Coasters: 245 || Parks: 46

Parc Astérix || Slagharen || Plopsa Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach

I Love Donkeys!

Postby sublimeairtime » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:57 am

Millennium Force. The drop is the only great part of the ride, and it doesn't even land in my top five favorite drops. The ride that is supposedly one of the best in the world barely breaks into my top 10, and I doubt it's even top 100 in the world. The airtime is weak floater at best, it has an annoying rattle, and worst of all, it is utterly forceless. Many rave about the forcefulness of the overbanks, yet I found Woodstock Express to have better positive Gs at times. Also, the design itself is pretty weak. It is very repetitive and there are too many sections of flat track.

El Toro is my number six, but that's it. I find multiple parts of the layout to be quite rough, and despite the amazing airtime on the first drop, following two hills, and the Rolling Thunder Hill, the rest is lacking a bit. The pacing at the end is awful as it kind of dies after the RT Hill. The final transitions are sluggish and rough and the train struggles to crawl over last couple hills. My biggest complaint is the roughness on the turnaround as it leaves me with a headache every time I ride. It does still rank well for me because the airtime is absolutely mental (not on the level of Skyrush though).
1) Helix 2) Boulder Dash 3) Maverick 4) Skyrush 5) Wildfire 6) Superman The Ride 7) Wicked Cyclone 8) El Toro 9) Boardwalk Bullet 10) Time Traveler

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby I Like Theme Parks. » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:01 am

^I don't know where to even start with this... :p
Top 3 Parks: Knoebels, Dollywood, Cedar Point
Top 3 Steel Coasters: Steel Vengeance, Phantom's Revenge, Skyrush
Top 3 Wood Coasters: Voyage, Lightning Rod, El Toro
Top 3 Flat Rides: Knoebels Flyers, Zipper, It
177 coasters

I am annoying as f**k!!!

Postby Henry M » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:29 am

gerstlaueringvar wrote:^Did you ride it?

Not yet, but I might have to return here and say it is overrated very soon. Hopefully I will not though! I hope so much it lives up to its hype and it is incredible. Also, Stonem, thanks for putting the ride into context.
Note to self: don't be stupid...

Current top coaster = Expedition GeForce.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Password121 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:31 am

sublimeairtime wrote:El Toro is my number six, but that's it. I find multiple parts of the layout to be quite rough, and despite the amazing airtime on the first drop, following two hills, and the Rolling Thunder Hill, the rest is lacking a bit. The pacing at the end is awful as it kind of dies after the RT Hill. The final transitions are sluggish and rough and the train struggles to crawl over last couple hills. My biggest complaint is the roughness on the turnaround as it leaves me with a headache every time I ride. It does still rank well for me because the airtime is absolutely mental (not on the level of Skyrush though).

You haven't ridden on a warmed up El Toro train. I've ridden probably three or four dozen times and experienced "slow" and fast rides, and it's most noticeable after the RT hill. During fast rides it can be the most intense part of the ride and it's actually difficult to put your hands up. I would argue the pacing speeds up after the RT hill on fast rides, and there's a pop of air going into the brakes.
2017 Millennium Force Ride Host
2018 Millennium Force Team Leader

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby I Like Theme Parks. » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:16 am

I think the twisties at the end of El Toro is one of the things that makes it so great!
Top 3 Parks: Knoebels, Dollywood, Cedar Point
Top 3 Steel Coasters: Steel Vengeance, Phantom's Revenge, Skyrush
Top 3 Wood Coasters: Voyage, Lightning Rod, El Toro
Top 3 Flat Rides: Knoebels Flyers, Zipper, It
177 coasters

I Love Donkeys!

Postby sublimeairtime » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:35 pm

Password121 wrote:
sublimeairtime wrote:El Toro is my number six, but that's it. I find multiple parts of the layout to be quite rough, and despite the amazing airtime on the first drop, following two hills, and the Rolling Thunder Hill, the rest is lacking a bit. The pacing at the end is awful as it kind of dies after the RT Hill. The final transitions are sluggish and rough and the train struggles to crawl over last couple hills. My biggest complaint is the roughness on the turnaround as it leaves me with a headache every time I ride. It does still rank well for me because the airtime is absolutely mental (not on the level of Skyrush though).

You haven't ridden on a warmed up El Toro train. I've ridden probably three or four dozen times and experienced "slow" and fast rides, and it's most noticeable after the RT hill. During fast rides it can be the most intense part of the ride and it's actually difficult to put your hands up. I would argue the pacing speeds up after the RT hill on fast rides, and there's a pop of air going into the brakes.

I've been on Toro at multiple times in the day on multiple days and never experienced airtime on the final hills. The final transitions are somewhat intense, but not nearly the intensity that it's made out to be. Maybe my expectations were too high. Also, it's by no means a bad coaster; I'm just focusing on the negative aspects that keep it from ranking higher for me. It's still an awesome ride, and easily the best at the park.
1) Helix 2) Boulder Dash 3) Maverick 4) Skyrush 5) Wildfire 6) Superman The Ride 7) Wicked Cyclone 8) El Toro 9) Boardwalk Bullet 10) Time Traveler

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!