Most Overrated coaster?

What coaster was super hyped, and became a let down.
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby gax » Sun May 20, 2007 11:34 am

I can't really say I've ever been REALLY dissapointed by a coaster because of the hype it's gotten.

The most I'd day I've ever experienced it was on the Mummy at USF. I mean, I wasn't expecting much from it when I first saw it being constructed and stuff like that, but then reviews and forums seemed to all be saying it was amazing. And I noticed in Florida that Universal had advertised it as a 'phycological thrill ride', but to be honest it was a mediocre coaster with one or two cool effects, it was really fun, but not the really scary awesome thing I was expecting..

Randomness

Postby coasterdude5 » Sun May 20, 2007 11:40 am

I think Expedition Everest is overrated, it's an okay coaster, and while the theming is good, I think it's on the shorter side. But it is a Disney attraction and I guess the theming makes up for it.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby veilside6 » Sun May 20, 2007 11:47 am

This thread brings t3h depression...

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby jdsmartdude911 » Sun May 20, 2007 2:12 pm

sfmmFREAK wrote:Space Mountain with the Red Hot Chili Pepers. It was really lame and weird.

How could I of forgotten when Disney raped my favorite childhood coaster!

I've always loved Sapce Mt. and have held it very close to my heart, but when the Rockin' phase came over, it was horrible, heres the review I posted about it on websitefullofdouchebags.
http://www.rollercoasteregomaniacs.com/forum/showpost.php?p=122842&postcount=90

So today was fun, but this isn't going to be a trip report, just a review on Rockin' Both Parks. Right away I have to say Rockin' Cal Screamin is the better of the two. Rode it twice, the second was the last train with passengers of the day. I definitely prefer the new RHCP track to the old one.
I loved RCS.

Before I state my thoughts on RSM, I'll give you some history of me and her. Every year, since I was young, our family would go to DLR for Christmas. Space Mountain was my favourite ride, and this was when I was still afraid of coasters. I loved the original, and right before it went down for its giant rehab, my mom and older sister actually got to ride it with the lights on, (my sister worked at DLR back then) They said it took away from the experience though....

Now when it reopened, I rode it ASAP, I loved to have my Space Mt. back. Shortly after, at SFMM, I finally broke my fear of coasters and heights. I started riding more coasters, I became obsessed with them, I also started joining many coaster sites after Billy first showed me websitefullofdouchebags. By then I had a pass to DLR and started noticing, I still loved Space Mt, but there were better coasters out there, Space Mt went down on my top list.

So as you can see, I hold Space Mt very near and dear to my heart, and when we got to DLR today, I was a little uneasy...

When we got into the park about 1, we went straight to Tomorrowland for obvious reasons. The park was empty, and so was every queue, including RSM's. We walk through the queue, passed unused switchbacks, got inside, nothing was changed, the queue was exactly the same. When we got into the station I did look at the TV and saw some astronauts on instruments like Brandon said, they were pretty pointless if you ask me...

We got up to the loading platform, and surprisingly, it was unassigned seats, a first for me on any Disney ride I think. I got second row, My brother and sister rode front. We started off, I was hoping it would be good, but I just knew it was gonna be worse then I thought. We start up the lift, I heard Uncle Joe saying some random crap, the two guys behind me were yelling "BORING!!!" "GET TO THE GOOD PART!!!", I started laughing a bit. After we hit the second lift and enter the show building, It felt horrible. I could easily see the structure, track, even some of the trains going through the circuit. During the whole ride I could easily see the track in front of me, and like Jahan said on TPR, it even felt slower. I was just confused and sad. The brake run came and I put a two thumbs down. I wouldn't want to ride it again, I felt like my childhood memories were raped from me. I got out of the train ASAP, bust out my *new* iPod, and started playing the 05 soundtrack. I hope Disney sees this, because they made a bad choice with Space Mountain.

So in my honest opinion, I hated RSM, but absolutely loved RCS.
Sorry if this was a bit long...
-JD

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby CoastersNSich » Sun May 20, 2007 3:54 pm

Millennium Force - too popular, other CP coasters have better air
Flight of Fear - slow loading times, and I'm not that much into the dark thing.
Thunder Run - other than good airtime, it's rough and takes forever to load.
Grizzly (KD) - not bad, but it wasn't as fun as they hyped it to be

Raven - somewhat. Nice airtime, but sometimes you have to be in the right seat, and it is a bit short...
The Beast - not really overrated as it once was. I must add though that it was never really built for airtime.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Sun May 20, 2007 4:17 pm

^ Keep in mind that the point of MF isn't airtime, it's the 310 ft drop at 80 degrees, if they wanted to give MF extreme airtime, they would have, but that's not what the designers were aiming for.

In my opinion, Ninja at SFMM is overrated. I think Iron Dragon and Big Bad Wolf are a lot better than Ninja. It was just a boring ride through some trees.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Darien Laker » Sun May 20, 2007 4:36 pm

The mirror S:ROS's at Darien Lake and SFA.

Too much straight track, and very long, forceless helices. I don't really like one more than the other, other than Darien's being more fun in the daytime (The setting) and SFA's being more fun at night (no lights, allowing for a pitch black experience.)

I prefer Magnum to either of these rides, simply because Magnum doesn't let up in the action until the brakes, where as these two have so many dead spots.

They're both great rides, but not the best IMO.

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby Magnumfan » Sun May 20, 2007 6:09 pm

Wild Thing.

Idiot.

Postby waterviper » Sun May 20, 2007 6:24 pm

There hasn't been a coaster I have disliked yet. Also most likely for me I wont think any coaster is overrated because I don't set high expectations on any coasters even if I read that it's the BOMB or it is GOD among coasters! :roll:.
I just ride them for what they are! Because of that view there hasn't been a coaster that has been overated for me yet. Also I am the kind of guy who liked Flashback at SFMM and likes Flying Coaster at Elitch Gardens! So that tells you a lot about me right there! ;)
Im your Huckleberry!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Sun May 20, 2007 6:56 pm

Hopefully not Maverick. After all this hype and attention, it better be a damn good ride. I have confidence that it will be, though.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!