Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Did my donkey title just change???

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby Stealth1 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:18 pm

You said give up and go to Applebees and I said what if you don't like Applebees?

I am supposed to bother trying to look for anything else then?

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:20 pm

RollerManic wrote:I always think about writing trip reports while I visit parks and what all I would write, but I’ve never actually have gotten to it. However, this trip went so incredibly well that I think for once I’m actually going to complete a wordy, multiple-part photo TR for this in a couple days, so look forward to it.

Its no secret I've written tons of reports so at this point it probably seems like old hat but believe me every time its totally daunting before I start and then once its done I swear them off for good. Then I go to a park and take a bunch of photos for the next report that I don't want to write.

Easiest way to just get it done? Go through your photos, pick the ones you want (because trip reports where the posters posts every single stupid picture they took are f*cking dumb) and then just start to tell us the story that goes along with the photos. You don't have to get super in depth like some of us do, just tell us about your day. Helps if you make if funny or otherwise entertaining but after doing a few dozen of them thats the easiest way for me to make it happen.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby DaMarkSta » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:22 pm

Thristy Pony is open til midnight during the week and till 2 am on Friday and Saturday, can't go wrong there plus its right outside the park

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Stealth1 wrote:You said give up and go to Applebees and I said what if you don't like Applebees?

I am supposed to bother trying to look for anything else then?

Unless I'm in a major city I really never expect much after 10pm. You're in middle-of-nowhere, Ohio. A chain restaurant, a diner (if you're in the place that has actual diners and not places that just use the term "Diner" interchangeably with "Restaurant" and aren't open 24 hours), Fast food or a bar that's not running a crappy late-night menu is the best you can really hope for.

Whenever I try to go to Thristy Pony it's closed super early. You could try it but have a backup plan because their hours on Facebook and Tripadvisor don't match the hours that pop up on Google and it seems like they pretty much just close whenever they want.

Dianna's Deli & Restaurant says it's a Deli but it looks like a diner to me. We've never been because it's always slammed after the park closes but it exists.

Honestly there's just not much to pick from...

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Physical » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:52 pm

Brick Oven Bistro has some good food and a (shockingly) large craft beer selection. They close at 10 on the weekdays and 11 on Fri-Sat
Former Dorney Park ride operator - 2015 season - Demon Drop | Card carrying member of Flyers Addicts Anonymous
Steel: 102, Wood: 33, Total: 135, Parks: 17, Favorite Park: Knoebels
Love List: (Steel) Intimidator 305, Fury 325, Maverick, Afterburn | (Wood) Steel Vengeance, Twisted Timbers, Lightning Rod, El Toro, Thunderhead | (Flats) Flyers, Power Surge, Top Spin

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby appel » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:17 pm

I had a chance to experience Steel Vengeance over the last 5 days.

Can anybody tell me why the pullout after the first drop is slightly shifted to the right before the speed bump? Is that on purpose or did it have to be like that to allign with the 2nd big hill?

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby ZeroGravity55 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:40 pm

^ The catwalk on lift has the track shifted off the center of the steel ledger to the right. The slight shift in the drop is to center the track back on ledgers.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby hoppedup » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:33 am

Had a great day Sunday at CP. Beautiful weather and FL+ allowed us to ride, ride, ride. We got Steel Vengeance three times in about 30 minutes at one point. My daughter said no to anything Arrow or wooden after getting beat up by woodies at HW and doing Vortex at KI. So we rode Steel Vengeance, Maverick, and Millennium Force a lot. With a sprinkling of TTD, Raptor, Gatekeeper, and Rougarou. I talked her in to riding Magnum by the end of the day, but it was about a 30 minute wait, so we bailed. Back Beat Que is a nice addition to the food lineup. Basically the same stuff as Miss Keat's Smokehouse, but with the addition of fish and shrimp.

I always ask my daughter at the end of a trip:

Favorite park: Cedar Point
Favorite coaster: Mystic Timbers
Parks: 20 | Coasters: 137 | Wood: 36 | Steel: 99 | Fiberglass: 2

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby CoasterInk » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:30 pm

My family had just purchased tickets for tomorrow (Wednesday) for a visit. I checked the tickets after they printed to verify everything was correct, and found the tickets were addressed for today rather than tomorrow :lmao: (but seriously more like :cry: ). We need to either purchase new tickets and (hopefully) get some sort of a refund for the wrong tickets, or need to show up tomorrow with the wrong tickets to get them switched (but we don't even know if that's a thing).

Guest services is closed, so no contacting them tonight. Couldn't find anything about the problem on the website or online. If you could point us in the right direction we'd really appreciate it.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:58 pm

^ I've always been nervous I'll make that mistake someday so I always double check at the confirmation screen. Best of luck!
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Canobie Lake Park & Six Flags New England- Goliath Only

PreviousNext