The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P. 5451 - West Coast Racers Front Seat POV!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 24 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterlvr » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:34 am

also to add. i have no idea where the photo booth is going to be. it's not in the gift shop. i thought the exit was going to go into the store and it would be there, but there's no space for it. the exit also doesn't look like it's going to go thru it either. i don't think there's anymore to the building we can't see. i'm pretty sure the cameras are up by the 2nd and 4th launches.

i also have no idea how the line will move. during rehearsals, like that's been said, it went down often. during the media event, they only unloaded/loaded the train occasionally for the new on camera people. some riders rode for hours without getting off. haha

my guess is, overall capacity will be a little better than YOLO coaster.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Sluggo77 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:10 pm

Looks like a fun ride. Nice concept.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:02 pm

coasterlvr wrote:also to add. i have no idea where the photo booth is going to be. it's not in the gift shop. i thought the exit was going to go into the store and it would be there, but there's no space for it. the exit also doesn't look like it's going to go thru it either. i don't think there's anymore to the building we can't see. i'm pretty sure the cameras are up by the 2nd and 4th launches.

i also have no idea how the line will move. during rehearsals, like that's been said, it went down often. during the media event, they only unloaded/loaded the train occasionally for the new on camera people. some riders rode for hours without getting off. haha

my guess is, overall capacity will be a little better than YOLO coaster.

I anticipate the hourly capacity to be comparable to YOLOcoaster. WCR has the advantage with the shorter trains and lack of seatbelts (meaning faster loading times), but it also unloads on the same side and has fewer passengers per train than YOLOcoaster. It also, however, dispatches more often.

I waited in a roughly 20-minute line back in late December when I rode it, and it didn't move very fast, but also not super slow either. It's pretty much impossible to have super high capacity on these newer Premier coasters because the trains take forever to get in and out of - even without the comfort collars.
Steel: 197 / Wood: 33 / Total: 230
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby coasternut » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:30 pm

^ I rode it 4 times today. It's a nice addition to their coaster lineup. The line does mover slow... They even have extensions for the comfort collars too. Even with that, they were having trouble getting a guy out of his seat this afternoon. We had very light rainfall, and the ride went down for several hours. Not sure if the rain was the issue. That's what we need is another ride like Superman that can't or won't run in the rain even if it's in the forecast.

It's bizarre that the train accelerates (both sides) right as your picture is taken. Seems very strange. The pictures are visible as you enter the store. The big screen weren't working yet.

One last comment, on Flash Pass for WCR. Only gold or platinum can reserve WCR one time. No skip the line either. I do understand that, since it's new and in high demand.
Coasternut,

LIVING FOR THAT AIRTIME!! :airtime:

Postby coasterlvr » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:19 pm

coasternut wrote:It's bizarre that the train accelerates (both sides) right as your picture is taken. Seems very strange. The pictures are visible as you enter the store. The big screen weren't working yet.

cool, i had no idea where it was. did you enter through the back, or do you have to walk around then into the store?

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby coasternut » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:00 am

^ There's an entry into the store as you get off the ride, down the steps. You don't see the "landscaped area" you spoke of. That takes you outside of the store. I'm guessing this entry wasn't open when you were there.
Coasternut,

LIVING FOR THAT AIRTIME!! :airtime:

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby DBJ » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:10 pm

Thanks for the report and the review! Hope to get up there soon!

A few observations. 1.) There are definitely going to need a barrier by the car, to prevent sticky fingers. The theme of the building is well done 2.) The Underground is still pretty ironically named, pretty open area with little shade. I think some shaded seating is needed before summer hits. The asphalt treatment is well done, but man, black asphalt in high temps. Need cool zones. 3.) The exit landscaping is very well done, really like the use of colors and textures. Hope it inspires further installations of that level in the park. It really is the details that make the difference. 4.) When the go karts open and race under WCR, will be a very nice bit of energy to the area.

Postby coasterlvr » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:37 pm

DBJ wrote:Thanks for the report and the review! Hope to get up there soon!

A few observations. 1.) There are definitely going to need a barrier by the car, to prevent sticky fingers. The theme of the building is well done 2.) The Underground is still pretty ironically named, pretty open area with little shade. I think some shaded seating is needed before summer hits. The asphalt treatment is well done, but man, black asphalt in high temps. Need cool zones. 3.) The exit landscaping is very well done, really like the use of colors and textures. Hope it inspires further installations of that level in the park. It really is the details that make the difference. 4.) When the go karts open and race under WCR, will be a very nice bit of energy to the area.

one thing i wish they did was make sidewalks in front of the stores and food places. i think that would have sold the street look a lot more.

some of the exit landscaping stuff would look great under the launches and high five.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:01 pm

Rode today. Outside of the “high 5” elements on both launches that produce airtime while sideways, not much else exciting to it. Pit stop is super lame and kills pacing, since a slow load keeps you sitting there for far too long.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby coneyislandchris » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:35 am

coasternut wrote:One last comment, on Flash Pass for WCR. Only gold or platinum can reserve WCR one time. No skip the line either. I do understand that, since it's new and in high demand.

Are there currently any other single-time-only reservations on the Gold or Platinum flash passes? The last time I visited, X2, YOLOcoaster, Superman, and Twisted Colossus all were at the 1x reservations.
That coaster dad [340] and that coaster kiddo [222]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Twisted Timbers. Intimidator 305. El Toro.

Kiddo's faves: Talon. Alpengeist. Raptor. TMNT Shellraiser. Fury 325.

PreviousNext