The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P. 5296 - West Coast Racers Coming in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: Google [Bot] and 18 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby Top Thrill Dragster » Wed May 02, 2007 12:12 am

Wow, the X crew just keeps getting better and better... And yet, Tatsu's crew has turned into X's past crew.

The Tatsu crew is FAR worse than the X crew ever was, considering that they have an easy straghit foward ride to run. That being said, X crew KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!
Apollos Chariot #1!

KidTums' personal piano player

Postby wrs28330 » Wed May 02, 2007 1:35 pm

Here is another (not-so-thumbnail-size) food update, and a few extra things.

Enjoy
IMG_1357 copy.jpg
Let's start with the bad, and work our way to the good.

"Just because guests pay $60, I don't care if I pig out in front of them.
IMG_1333 copy.jpg
More Marvel Comics midway prizes.
IMG_1342 copy.jpg
That's as good as the landscaping is going to get. But it's nice.
IMG_1338 copy.jpg
See what I mean! Actually, they built a sliding door for The Tumber (Batmobile) to exit after the show, for a Batman Meet-and-Greet after each performance.
IMG_1339 copy.jpg
A press release photo, showing the ACTUAL sliding motion of the Backdrop Door!

Yeah!
IMG_1341 copy.jpg
IMG_1335 copy.jpg
Rehersals for this season started on Monday. Here you see a stuntman preparing for a 30 foot high fall.
IMG_1325 copy.jpg
IN RESTAURANT NEWS:
(for Jahan)

work continues on Carousel Grill's Extreme Makeover: Rocket Edition.
IMG_1326 copy.jpg
IMG_1327 copy.jpg
IMG_1328 copy.jpg
IMG_1329 copy.jpg
IMG_1330 copy.jpg
IMG_1331 copy.jpg
IMG_1332 copy.jpg
Not much has changed inside.
IMG_1351 copy.jpg
On the other side of the park, work continues of Chicken Plantation's Extereme Makeover: Sesamie Street Edition...I mean...Superhero Edition.
IMG_1354 copy.jpg
The red, blue, and yellow seem a bit bright.
IMG_1353 copy.jpg
Or Superman Colors. Which is great, becuase you won't be able to meet Superman.
IMG_1352 copy.jpg
IMG_1356 copy.jpg
One last look. Stay tuned for more, later this week.

Fire Alarm Boy!

Postby arrowfanman » Wed May 02, 2007 2:36 pm

Nothing says "Sierra Territory" like a bright and ugly Superhero meet and greet.

:roll:

Thanks for the update Wrs! I'm a bit dissapointing that they aren't just buldozing Carousel Grill and starting from scratch. Is it going to be a counter-service Johnny Rockets?

I'm really digging the Batman show meet and greet!

-Jahan

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby kraxleRIDAH » Wed May 02, 2007 4:48 pm

arrowfanman wrote:Nothing says "Sierra Territory" like a bright and ugly Superhero meet and greet.

Wouldn't the former Chicken Plantation technically be considered Six Flags Plaza? If not, all the park would have to do is change its listing on the map guide...it's literally on the border of High Sierra Territory and Six Flags Plaza.

What puzzles me is why this Superhero meet and greet area isn't set up in Gotham City Backlot or The Movie District...probably since they want to tie it in with a fun-super-hero themed dining experience Chicken Plantation is being transformed into?

I think the bright colors and new paint looks spectacular. Any sort of improvement is better than that eyesore that was Chicken Plantation. It was so dilapidated with fading and peeling paint. Everytime I passed it last season I shook my head in disbelief at how terrible and run down it looked. I'm just glad older buildings and facades are being refreshened at Magic Mountain, regardless of the theme. :)

I'm a bit dissapointing that they aren't just buldozing Carousel Grill and starting from scratch. Is it going to be a counter-service Johnny Rockets?

I'm sure it will look nice once it's completed. You can see in the photos that they've added new pillars to the exterior of the building. I'm guessing they'll fence off the front of the restaurant to make it an outdoor patio area.

Postby wrs28330 » Wed May 02, 2007 5:24 pm

I agree with the paint. Even if it is out of touch with its surroundings. Chicken Plantation is listed under Six Flags Plaza on the Park Map.
The reason they are using Chicken Plantation, is to try to bring life to a restaurant that otherwise would have little appeal. Instead of trying to incorporate it somehow to the dining locations in Movie District and Gotham City Backlot.

Gotham City Backlot: Hmm...Pizza Vector, which has already been taken over by Papa John's. Corn Corner, that would be a corny meet and greet.
And the Freshers Lemonade, nothing says superhero like a nice tall refreshing glass of frozen lemon flavored ice in a bag.

Movie District: Eduardo's Grill, has a movie tie in, but only has a few outdoor seats in front, and a few seats out back, not enough room for a private meet and greet area for guests. More Fresher's Lemonade. I see only Waterfront being a feasable option, but then it is so close to where the Batman Begins Stunt Show is going to take place.

The goal is trying to make the dinning experience similar to the Character Breakfast at Plaza Inn at Disneyland. The only way to have the characters come to you is through purchasing the buffet. Same with Brunch with Bugs.

We'll see how it goes.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby alexinla » Wed May 02, 2007 5:27 pm

Plus it's next to some water in a nice, more quiet/relaxing location

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby haiderodes » Wed May 02, 2007 5:28 pm

arrowfanman wrote:Nothing says "Sierra Territory" like a bright and ugly Superhero meet and greet.

:roll:

Remember this is the same park that put a Panda Express in an area called Baja Territory.

I just wish, along with all this paint and construction theyd upgrade the seating for these restaurants...they seem to be relics of 1971!
walking in space.

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby savemagicmountain » Wed May 02, 2007 6:03 pm

Nice report wes. The park is looking better but they still have much to improve on and all this is worthless if it goes down the drain during summer like it did last year. Keep the reports coming!
!

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby alexinla » Wed May 02, 2007 6:09 pm

I went two weeks ago on a thursday and had an excellent time. Let's hope they keep it up, i am sure last year was odd as sf wanting to sell the park, so maybe they slashed some money from the budget in regards of improvements.

But so far this year, i am very impressed. It's these little improvements that actually make a big difference of someones perception of the park

Postby wrs28330 » Wed May 02, 2007 6:37 pm

I still believe that half of the world still think MM is closing. I wear a Tatsu jacket all the time, and people always ask if Magic Mountain is closed yet. Half of the battle seems to be getting the word out that Magic Mountain is still open. They have been doing a good job with the commericals I see locally, they are on all the time! It's not bad.

PreviousNext