The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P. 5296 - West Coast Racers Coming in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: Superbatboy, TatsuXtreme and 31 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Randomness

Postby coasterdude5 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:07 am

THEY FREAKING PUT ANOTHER TRAIN ON! Why would they do that if the park's closing in an hour and a half? They should have done it earlier in the afternoon... WTF?

Probably because they didn't want to stay any later than they had to.

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby Jhcbiinoc » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:27 am

TatsuXtreme wrote:i personally hope that they sell this park to another amusement park company. because obviously six flags is more concerned with giving sharpio a raise instead of using the money to fix their park.

but i will say this: if X is not fixed by the end of the season, then i consider six flags magic mountain to be dead.

I won't consider the park to be dead if they don't have X back up and running by the end of the season, but I would consider sending a letter to corporate about it. That ride is one of the reasons I keep renewing my pass every year and it irks me when I go and it's either closed or running one train in the peak of the season.

I agree on the "giving Shapiro a raise" part. I was never a fan of Shapiro; in my opinion, he has a vision to take SF to the other extreme and exclude thrillseekers the way that the old management excluded some families by failing to offer a well rounded park with a good balance of family attractions and instead buying up property like mad and adding coaster after coaster. Not only that, he talks a good game in regards to improving the parks but has not seemed to deliver anything but higher prices, corporate sponsorships and a few parades over the long term.

I'm actually hoping they sell it to Busch. Not so they can get a Dive Machine :lolr: , but because Busch does seem to know how to balance a park so that both thrillseekers and families are happy, make intelligent financial decisions about running a park, and do those little things that really do make the difference.

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby SpectralN » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:47 am

The crazy thing is, why on earth would so many attractions be closed on a big deal media day? My guess is they just do not have the trained staff to run those attractions and the mazes, due to very low pay and only very part time work there is only so many employees willing to work there on a Friday. I just cannot understand how on earth the current MM manager is still running this park? He might be a nice guy but I have never in my life seen a business run so poorly for so long. It just does not make any sense.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby incredicoaster » Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:24 pm

SpectralN wrote:The crazy thing is, why on earth would so many attractions be closed on a big deal media day? My guess is they just do not have the trained staff to run those attractions and the mazes, due to very low pay and only very part time work there is only so many employees willing to work there on a Friday. I just cannot understand how on earth the current MM manager is still running this park? He might be a nice guy but I have never in my life seen a business run so poorly for so long. It just does not make any sense.

yep its horrendous... the reason for most of those rides being down is because SFMM dosnt have the employees to run them, like in the case of tatsu which could use the other side of the station but because there isnt enough workers they only use 1 station. Friday was the worst ive seen it in a while as far as rides operating, usually at my ride tidal wave theres 6 people to run scrambler, sandblasters & tidal wave. Instead i was the only one there and i was running sandblasters. management and SFMM is the main problem, o and uninspired workers who dont care about guests at all.

trcg721

Postby trcg721 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:21 pm

They were testing OE all of a sudden it stopped before going halfway. I then heard the op telling the op at the merry go round that it got stuck again

Fire Alarm Boy!

Postby arrowfanman » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:33 am

Hey folks!

Today, I happened to stop by the park, as I was a stupid moron and picked Magic Mountain over Disney...but I was quite surprised by what I saw!

Orient Express and Circus Wheel were OPEN! AND Colossus was racing.

I dont know why, but I made a stupid video, if anyone is bored...

-Jahan

Update .wmv [ 14.76 MiB | Viewed 4389 times ]

Telling it like how it is

Postby Mr.Six » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:14 am

Huh, nice update! Glad to hear OE and Circus Wheel are both operating. Colossus racing!? That was in my top 5 "Never going to happen again" at SFMM. Looks as if you guys had a decent time at the mountain. Too bad that X closure sign didn't have the ghetto "Thanks" on it. :?r
_six

Flight of James: Ride of Steel the Revenge

Postby jamesdillaman » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:21 am

^Nice video. I appreciated the cameos from Guy and Ryan. Honestly, I can't believe X is still down. That's horrible.

-James Dillaman

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby TatsuXtreme » Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:33 am

nice update! i cant freakin believe that they actually opened orient express and circus wheel again!

oh, you suck for getting my hopes up about X and freefall though. haha j/k

KidTums' personal piano player

Postby wrs28330 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:58 am

SpectralN wrote: My guess is they just do not have the trained staff to run those attractions and the mazes,

Why do you feel that the mazes were understaffed?

PreviousNext