The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P. 5296 - West Coast Racers Coming in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can I park my donkey here?

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby Kylis » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:43 pm

coasterlvr wrote:
Kylis wrote:lol does this forum automatically replace f-u-l-l t-h-r-o-t-t-l-e with YOLO?

not really answering your question, but in my report, i purposely typed YOLO Plaza. lmao.

Oh cause I had a previous post that replaced YOLOcoaster with YOLO.

EDIT: Guess it replaces it with YOLOcoaster.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Manic Monte » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:09 pm

jarmor wrote:
thrillseeker4552 wrote:Magic Mountain is open 365-days a year. I don't think opening a brand new coaster in the peak of summer is really necessary when they get just as crowded (if not even MORE crowded) during Fright Fest and Holiday in the Park.

Maybe i'm old fashion but I think you should want your new attraction of the year open for your peak season. With other parks opening attractions I would personally go to the park with something new to do if I only have one time a year to go to a park. I know, we as enthusiast try to cut parks slack but to open your new for 2019 attraction when there is only like 50 days left in 2019 is kinda bad to me.

I don't think anyone here disagrees with you. But it's done. At this point we're looking forward to riding it NOT in peak season, but when the park is dead.

SFMM will just market WCR as a new ride all next year anyway, after I've already ridden it several times. Good times...

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:34 pm

And like I said, just because it isn't summer doesn't mean it's not peak season anymore. Magic Mountain gets slammed during Fright Fest and HITP. They reached capacity on December 30th last year, and they almost never reach capacity during the summer.

When it comes to opening new rides at year-round parks, you have to shift your mindset a little bit. If this park was open through Halloween and would barely open their new ride by then, I totally get that. But you can visit this park any day of the year, so who cares if their new coaster opens in November?

Silver Bullet and GhostRider both opened in December, for what it's worth.
Steel: 176 / Wood: 32 / Total: 208
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby coasterlvr » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:47 pm

thrillseeker4552 wrote:And like I said, just because it isn't summer doesn't mean it's not peak season anymore. Magic Mountain gets slammed during Fright Fest and HITP. They reached capacity on December 30th last year, and they almost never reach capacity during the summer.

they are busy on the weekends and a complete ghost town during the week. i'm sure they attendance, while good for weekends, doesn't even come close to the summer months.

personally, i'm in no hurry for west coast racers. it can be december for all i care. i just hope it takes away from twisted colossus line. i'm guessing it will be a ride i ride if the line is short, ala yolo coaster. lol

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Animal » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:51 am

Screamscape reported a possible rumor that tidal wave may be removed and the park could add a Mack power splash in its place as well as the green lanterns old spot. When I first heard about Aquaman going to Over Texas I thought that SFMM would replace green lantern with one. It makes more sense that tidal wave would have to be involved as well as it looks as though they do take up a large amount of space. I would be happy if this comes true as they look like a great water ride and SFMM could definitely use another one.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Coastard69 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:59 am

Looking like my trip might happen in January. I know we don't have any official word from the park, but what do you guys think the over/under on WCR being open by than is?
Your Favorite Coaster Sucks
Available on Spotify, Stitcher, Soundcloud and Apple Podcasts
440 Coasters - a few of them are good

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:22 am

^ 50/50!??! ;)

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Coastard69 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:39 pm

SharkTums wrote:^ 50/50!??! ;)

Oof, well at least there's 5 other credits for me there (2 kiddies woooo!) :lol:
Your Favorite Coaster Sucks
Available on Spotify, Stitcher, Soundcloud and Apple Podcasts
440 Coasters - a few of them are good

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby Kylis » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:58 pm

Coastard69 wrote:Looking like my trip might happen in January. I know we don't have any official word from the park, but what do you guys think the over/under on WCR being open by than is?

I put it at 90% chance it will be open by then. I will be surprised if it doesn't open in Nov/Dec.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Superbatboy » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:05 pm

Animal wrote:Screamscape reported a possible rumor that tidal wave may be removed and the park could add a Mack power splash in its place as well as the green lanterns old spot. When I first heard about Aquaman going to Over Texas I thought that SFMM would replace green lantern with one. It makes more sense that tidal wave would have to be involved as well as it looks as though they do take up a large amount of space. I would be happy if this comes true as they look like a great water ride and SFMM could definitely use another one.

Turntable please
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

PreviousNext