Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 1678: Wildwood Grove announcement
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 11 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'd like to buy a vowel!

Re: Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby KBrylczyk » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:49 am

^ Eh, nothing they haven't dealt with many times already. Knoebels floods all the time and they're perfectly fine so I don't believe Dollywood will have any problems.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:44 am

There wasn't any public reports of flooding so I would assume the park was fine. The creek that was shown in the video nearly overtopping in Gatlinburg had subsided to normal levels when we were in the area Saturday morning. So close call but everything looks like it made it through unscathed.

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby neilnky » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:44 pm

Great so glad no reported damage.

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby dstephe9 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:41 pm

So it appears Dollywood is offering dining passes at Splash this year... I hope this is a test and it's coming to Dollywood in the future! My wife and I would use the heck out of it at Dollywood

Edit: Added link

https://www.dollywood.com/waterpark/Dining-Pass

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby tndank » Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:02 pm

Can't imagine those lines during the 2 hours you have to redeem it.

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby JJLehto » Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:30 pm

Looks like May (early to mid) is when I shall finally go here, so stoked :D
Expecting low crowds on a weekday then.
Heard nothing but rave things, and Im excited to try the area as well, never been to TN

Anyone got suggestions for: Chattanooga, Gatlinburg, and what is the best alpine coaster around as I hear there's a few
Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Fury 325, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), I305, Lightning Run
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Beast

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:41 pm

:nina: :nina: :nina: :nina: :nina: :nina: :nina: :nina: :nina: :nina:

Postby dstephe9 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:54 pm

That's why it's a good test lol. Six Flags had very short windows originally and over the years, those windows have grown.

However, lines are usually short during that time anyways. After 1 or 2 the afternoon storms hit and they grow greatly... Also I feel people at Splash eat later so one meal does them all day.. Maybe Dollywood thinks that's actually the "slow" time for lunch. It's the slow time on days when I am there.

Postby dstephe9 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:55 pm

JJLehto wrote:Looks like May (early to mid) is when I shall finally go here, so stoked :D
Expecting low crowds on a weekday then.
Heard nothing but rave things, and Im excited to try the area as well, never been to TN

Anyone got suggestions for: Chattanooga, Gatlinburg, and what is the best alpine coaster around as I hear there's a few
In Chattanooga (did you mean to say Chattanooga or do you mean Knoxville?) I suggest the Tennessee Aquarium. Much better than Ripley's! If you plan to visit Ripley's and budget only allows one aquarium I'd pick Tennessee Aquarium in Chattanooga and skip Ripley's and I love Ripley's.. Tennessee is one of the best aquariums in America! It's very underated!! It's two buildings now! One building is saltwater like ocean creatures and the other is freshwater and a lot of fish types you don't see elsewhere because so many aquariums focus on the tropical. This building focuses on rivers of the world instead of oceans.. They also have a butterfly section that you can walk through, birds (all included) and usually some traveling exhibit in a nearby building (travelling cost extra)(last time I was there it was Dinasours) as well as IMAX (cost extra)

https://www.tnaqua.org/

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:35 pm

^ Seconded the Tennessee Aquarium in Chattanooga. It's one of the best we've ever been to. You should also check out Lake Winnie (actually just over the state line in Georgia, but still Chattanooga area).

Check out my trip report here:
https://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=74909&start=50

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!