TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What Rides Scares the Crud Out Of You?

Drop towers, any drop tower at all. Not ToT, but every other drop tower scares the crap out of me. I still ride them, but I seriously get freaked out every time. Thats a little known fact about myself, so you all learned something today!

Colin C

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I did mention about waterslides but forgot to mention one in particular...

As innocent as it looks, it can get you (depending on your body weight). We recently purchased a Banzai Falls waterslide for my niece and is strong enough to hold all 173 pounds of me so I went down on my belly, feet first. Not knowing when the cement coming up was kinda uneasy, knowing you were gonna slam any second. Same idea going head first...you see that cement coming up sooner than you know it.

1126853966_banzaiouch2.jpg.de02b57608c2513f37ceb34072c912c1.jpg

Wiiiiiii! (I mean, Weee!)

531374914_banzaiouch.jpg.f3aadf9a2e48e887bc24ad8433ae155e.jpg

Wiiiiiiii!

Xcelerator and most other launched coasters scare the crap out of me. The anticipation of waiting to be launched is just so intense. It's gotten to a point where it's not the enjoyable kind of scary but the very disturbing type. Of course after the launch it's all very fun, but the anticipation fright usually means I only ride it once that day. Even S:TE kinds scares me. It's not about how intense the launch is, its about not knowing just exaclty when it's going to happen.

Wow, my heart started beating a bit harder just typing this post and thinking about it. lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I have one to add to this: GhostRider at KBF.

It's one of those rides that I love, but that I always feel like I'm going to fly out of the seat on, and I can never fight off that lower brain reflex to hold onto the grab bar. I have not yet ever ridden that ride hands up the entire time. Then again, I've also never ridden it in any seat other than the very last one, all 8 times I've been on it. The first time I was on it my friend Stewart, who was in front of us a car, just sorta said: "ok then that's a little steeper than I expected..."

Still my favorite woodie though.

Hypersonic XLC scared the crap out of my cousin and me. The whole time you're in the line you can see the ride launching to 82 mph in that VERY tiny strip. And then, when you're in the front seat (our first ride), once you finally get locked onto the launch-mechanism, there's no room in front of you before you hit the hill. Aaaahhh!!!

--Tyler

Anyone who doesn't say they are scared of at least one ride is full of it.

For me, the scariest rides I have ever been on are Skycoasters (I just about passed out just looking at the Kissimmee Skycoaster, but it was an awesome ride!) and Drop Rides, especially Intamin ones.

I have never been more nervous and scared before a coaster ride than I was just before I rode Millennium Force for the first time. I hadn't ridden a lot of coasters up to that point, so that just made it worse!

Rides with minimal restraints.

I have an absolute fear of falling, I won't even jump off walls I have to lower myself down.

Drop Towers and things i'm half okay because of the restraints. But I won't do standing-floorless-tilting Apocolypse..

Other than that The Pepsi Max Big One gave me such a fight last november. Last ride of the day, pitch black and I was i nthe very back seat. The amount of laterals you get going down the drop is stupid you have to hold on to stop yourself from being thrown sideways itno the Irish Sea..

• 2 months later...

The GravityWorks Skyscraper.

It was my first major flat ride (I rode it about a week ago).

It's so huge, and when you go over the top, I like how you don't flip at the very top. You face the ground a little bit, getting some serious air, and then flip over as you are crossing towards the other side.

Any ride at Mt. Olympus.

For safety reasons, of course.

And that hill on Cyclops is pretty darn frightening.

Other than that, those new X-Coasters with the vertical lifts freak me out a little. Of course I'd ride them, but I don't like the idea of being held at that near-inverted angle without a harness.

The first time I went on a SkyScraper, I was really scared. Actually, I was scared the first spin, and completely, totally freaked out for the two or three minutes we were stopped up at the top.

Now they seem pretty boring to me, especially compared to Skycoasters.

Ferris Wheels without a doubt. I don't know why but I hate them, refuse to ride them.

The first time I rode a skycoaster. When you are first lifted backwards, it seems so much higher when you are facing the ground. I've been on 2 others since then, and love them now.

Viper at SFGAdv, it was so rough I thought there was no way i would get off of it without a serious injury like broken bones.