TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 771: Onsite employee housing under construction at Dollywood

(after being cleared at the test seat, for the information of the guy that was claiming there was never any difference between the two).

I don't recall anyone saying there never was, only that I had never seen or heard of it.

If that's the case there, that's something that needs corrected.

No reason for them to not match and it does a disservice to the park guests.

Whoops I didn't realize it was Shitposting O'Clock when I asked my question. That seems to have died down, so I'll try again:

I'm planning a trip in July with 3 friends. I assume the TimeSaver Q-Bot works the same as at Six Flags, aka buy it online for a certain day, go to a building and pick it up, and reserve your ride times throughout the day, correct?

Also, it seems like the cheapest bet for the actual tickets and parking is to buy them discounted from a participating grocery store, and take the tram into and out of the park? Does anyone have recommendations for particular stores that sell tickets?

Whoops I didn't realize it was Shitposting O'Clock when I asked my question. That seems to have died down, so I'll try again:

I'm planning a trip in July with 3 friends. I assume the TimeSaver Q-Bot works the same as at Six Flags, aka buy it online for a certain day, go to a building and pick it up, and reserve your ride times throughout the day, correct?

Also, it seems like the cheapest bet for the actual tickets and parking is to buy them discounted from a participating grocery store, and take the tram into and out of the park? Does anyone have recommendations for particular stores that sell tickets?

senor-zorba-mexican-american.jpg

It's always Shitposting O'Clock somewhere...

Lol anyway yes. The skip the line program is the same as Six Flags. When you pick it up, someone can manually reserve shows for you also if you'd like and you get preferred seating near the front. They have to do that for you. You can't reserve shows yourself, only rides. I normally hate shows but they're generally very solid at Dollywood. It's also been my experience that they severely underestimate wait times which is nice.

Sadly I don't know much about parking discounts.

(after being cleared at the test seat, for the information of the guy that was claiming there was never any difference between the two).

I don't recall anyone saying there never was, only that I had never seen or heard of it.

If that's the case there, that's something that needs corrected.

No reason for them to not match and it does a disservice to the park guests.

It's pretty well known, that MF's seat belts are not all created equal. I've seen a bit of difference from seat to seat. Now, MF may be an atypical example, but still, it does happen. I agree that having test seats that don't match what's actually on the train DO do a disservice to guests, and whiny enthusiasts have nothing to do with it. Take it from me, who has been with both a father and a wife who have had to do the walk of shame... Nobody wants to have to do that, and most people are aware of their proportions enough to know when they should get in a test seat, and if they fit there, but not at the coaster, there IS a problem the park should correct.

Dollywood.com/mcdonalds has $6 off tickets with black out dates of July 3rd and 4th. Probably one of the only discounts you will see without staying at Dreammore or get the 3 days 2 parks for $99 from the Dollywood website.

MF (probably the least fat-friendly coaster I know of)

I don't know. I can think of a wickedly twisted ride in the same park that might give it a run for it's money. Mystery Mine does too. No issue for me but I can sympathize.

I don't know. I can think of a wickedly twisted ride in the same park that might give it a run for it's money. Mystery Mine does too. No issue for me but I can sympathize.

It's interesting, that I hear a lot of people say that about WT, but have never seen anybody I've been with have issues. Yet, they can't get on MF... I'm thinking it must be where the person's girth is located on their body that makes the difference. More up top, no WT. More of a beer gut, or for females, being unusually large around the hips, no MF.

It's interesting, that I hear a lot of people say that about WT, but have never seen anybody I've been with have issues. Yet, they can't get on MF... I'm thinking it must be where the person's girth is located on their body that makes the difference. More up top, no WT. More of a beer gut, or for females, being unusually large around the hips, no MF.

I literally ran into this same situation Bill describes when I was there last month; MF was tight but got there in the end. Meanwhile, WT required me to shed an outer layer of clothes in order for the belt to reach.

I carry all my extra weight in my stomach. The missus tells me I'm "all belly". I had no problems with MF on any of my rides yet was almost walk-of-shamed on Wicked Twister - and I never have an issue on Possessed.

Not sure what to say about the WT thing... I've never seen it myself, all the while seeing many MF issues... *shrugs* Not saying you're wrong, obviously, but it does make me curious about what is the defining difference. My dad is the "beer belly" kind of guy, and struggles with MF. Now that I think about it though, I can't recall him riding WT definitively, so I'll have to ask him what his experiences are there.

Bringing it back on topic, I just hope he can fit on LR, forget MF and WT!

I carry all my extra weight in my stomach. The missus tells me I'm "all belly". I had no problems with MF on any of my rides yet was almost walk-of-shamed on Wicked Twister - and I never have an issue on Possessed.

Possessed restraints were much more forgiving compared to WT. Not sure why, but definitely noticed the difference between the two. And yep, I'm a belly guy too (though working on that).

Hell, late last year I had issues with the B&M invert restraints. Talon in the fall and Batman during HITP was an issue for me. I got in, but just barely. Batman I had to open my layers of jackets in 30 degree weather and have multiple ops/friends "assist" me just to get the belt to buckle. Horrible.

I made it a point to drop some pounds - down almost 15lbs since the holidays/Xmas - and so far so good this year (also wearing less clothes than I was for the Talon/Batman rides I'm sure is helping).

Hell, late last year I had issues with the B&M invert restraints. Talon in the fall and Batman during HITP was an issue for me. I got in, but just barely. Batman I had to open my layers of jackets in 30 degree weather and have multiple ops/friends "assist" me just to get the belt to buckle. Horrible.

I made it a point to drop some pounds - down almost 15lbs since the holidays/Xmas - and so far so good this year (also wearing less clothes than I was for the Talon/Batman rides I'm sure is helping).

Don't blame yourself. We all had approximately 17 jackets on at once during Holiday in the Park.

Wow, I came here to get some updates on DW for my trip next week but all this thread seems to be is a random 'off topic' thread?

Lightning Rod is open. all you need to know, have fun.

We arrived at Dollywood around 8pm Thursday to buy Friday's tickets and take in the included after 3pm admission. As we got off the shuttle, my heart sunk as I read Lightning Rod listed under rides not running. We bought anyway and decide to walk over and check the ride structure out. As we approached an empty train launched! I was so excited, my wife made fun of me and said I looked like a kid. The line was open and we rushed in. I asked for a back seat ride, got it and then re-entered the line for a front seat, in the dark, 9:30pm ride. Amazing, the coaster instantly shot into my top five. I prefer the back seat as the air was a little more aggressive. The lateral air is the best I have ever experienced. I can't wait for today to go back, but last night made my vacation! Come to Dollywood, you won't be disappointed!