TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 771: Onsite employee housing under construction at Dollywood

This monster is gonna be insane in the daytime. I can't imagine how balls to the wall crazy it will be after the sun sets. You won't be able to see a thing back there in the woods. It will have the same feel as the Beast. Only actually good.

If it's anything like Outlaw Run is at night time, then we are in for a treat!! Outlaw Run is INSANE at night time!! I can only imagine how much better this coaster is going to be! Ohhh how I can't wait for my first ride!!! Also... I really can't wait for a POV of this coaster.

Just had a random thought on the structure at the top of Lightning Rod. I hope the entire launch ends up being enclosed, but what if it's just been added for wasp prevention? Wild Eagle and Thunderhead have had issues with the wasps, ( the whole reason they both have the mist sprayer's at the top of them. ) In my opinion, that can't be good for Thunderhead's longevity, ( keeping the wood soaked on a dailly basis. ) Maybe they planned out a solution to the problem and are just incorporating it into the build. I really hope it's more than that though, just a random thought.

^Not to put a hole in your theory, but wasps and hornets like shaded areas. That's why they can always be found in the awnings and porches of most houses in this area. I know my barn is home to probably thousands of them. They love rafters and wood beams. I have to go through my garage several time a summer with wasp spray and kill budding nests. Realistically, I think covering the launch is like creating a perfect opportunity for an innumerable number of nests. Honestly, I think the best they can do is spray for them and hope for the best. Unfortunately, they're just common to the area.

What's the difference between Bees and wasps?

Bees help the ecosystem.

Wasps are just dicks!

constantly wetting wonderful wood

----------------

In all seriousness, I wouldn't for see constantly wetting a wooden coaster. I for some reason feel like that wold cause problems in the long run.It sounds like it would cause the structure to rot or something... unless it's treated wood.... maybe??

But then again, I really don't know anything about how well wooden coasters hold up due to excessive moisture exposure. . .

I go every year the first week they are open from Thurs-Sun in November.The rides are almost always open, maybe shutting down near closing. Even if the rides are closed the lights are a draw all on their own, it's very impressive how many lights are up in the park for Smokey Mountain Christmas. If you have never been to the park during this time I cannot recommend it enough.

I was going to post the exact same picture earlier haha. Yes the drop looks amazing, I'm guessing that we are just going to have to relay on Instagram photos taken from the employee parking lot for updates because that's where all these photos of the other side are coming from haha. RMC has so many projects going on at one time they can't keep us updated. I just wonder what would happen if a normal person drove up into employee parking lot to take a few pics?