TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Disney's Animal Kingdom Discussion Thread

Thanks for sharing! Harambe Marketplace looks fantastic, so does the food! Really fits in well with the rest of Animal Kingdom. I can undoubtly say that AK is the best themed park I have ever been to (if you disregard the stupid dino-carnival area). Some well deserved attention for Yak & Yeti as well, it provided us with the best meal of our entire trip last year.

Oh, and I want that T-shirt...

The addition looks amazing! I love that they have specialty foods instead of just the standard theme park staples. It definitely gets me to spend a ton more! Can't wait to try them all!

Some of that food looks great. I love the taking back of the Mickey copyright infringement paintings.

I'm I correct in assuming the women only ate the cookies before hitting Yak and Yeti. Was there anything Elissa friendly?

Ummm this might be a little too far... But ummmmmmmm.... Wow.

That "trunk" though...

Awesome pictures! Looks like a great addition to Disney! I love that detail that Disney puts into everything they do! That's what makes them so amazing!!

I'm I correct in assuming the women only ate the cookies before hitting Yak and Yeti. Was there anything Elissa friendly?

Not really. I tried the corn dog but didn't like it. An interesting salad came with the ribs that was okay to pick through and the bread from the flat bread sandwich was pretty good. It's definitely not a picky eater place to eat!

Not really. I tried the corn dog but didn't like it. An interesting salad came with the ribs that was okay to pick through and the bread from the flat bread sandwich was pretty good. It's definitely not a picky eater place to eat!

I'll keep the ground beef. You can have the bread.

Edited by cfc

Has there been any more talk or announcements made about the Rivers of Light Prade/show thing they're working on in the lagoon near Everest? Last time I was at AK there was lot of active constuction goin on over there that you could see from the guest areas and it was pretty clear that they were building in some tierd seating areas all around the perimiter of that area. Seems like that addition got intorduced a long time ago but there has been next to nothing said about it ever sice.

Maybe they're wiating until closer to the opening of Avatar to annonce it more about it?

Edited by Hilltopper39

• 1 month later...

Surprised that this thread has been dead for a month!

I'm personally very excited about Disney making AK a "Full-Day" park. Recently went to the park and got on Kilimanjaro and saw what I believe were some of the areas that they are adding lighting to.

That along with the Pandora expansion will be interesting. I still haven't seen the movie, but might just because of the park.

I do like the Freefly's though and I'm bummed they didn't sell anymore of them.

I'm personally very excited about Disney making AK a "Full-Day" park. Recently went to the park and got on Kilimanjaro and saw what I believe were some of the areas that they are adding lighting to.

That along with the Pandora expansion will be interesting. I still haven't seen the movie, but might just because of the park.

I agree it will be nice that the parks adding all the new stuff but I dont think for me personally it will be a full day park. I do feel that Turd Frog should get his own attraction though.

This is AK's turd frog for those of you that didnt know about him.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, I'd seen some other pictures but those aerial photos really put the project into perspective as to how large everything really is. That show building is massive, I'm still not a huge fan of simulator style rides but maybe this think will be something different.

I'm pretty excited about this project, if anything this land should be spectacualr to hang out in especially at night with all of the cool light effects. And I had kind of forgotten about the boat ride but that should be a nice addition as another physical ride in the park.

• 1 month later...
Looks like I'll have to Avatar before this new section opens, so that I can understand what the spectacular theming is all about.

it won't live up to the hype, but it IS a good film.

I never saw it in theaters, but my partner bought me the special edition on BluRay for a gift.

I thought it was good, but didn't blow me away.