TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PortAventura Discussion Thread

I am glad to see trains being installed on the transfer track. I have a question for those who have ridden Taron: do these trains feature seatbelts?

Seatbelts often depend on the ride remember, like Diamondback has seatbelts but Shambhala doesn't. I don't see seatbelts coming though based on that as if possible by default PortAventura don't add seatbelts.

I am glad to see trains being installed on the transfer track. I have a question for those who have ridden Taron: do these trains feature seatbelts?

Seatbelts often depend on the ride remember, like Diamondback has seatbelts but Shambhala doesn't. I don't see seatbelts coming though based on that as if possible by default PortAventura don't add seatbelts.

Unless forced by the manufacturer PortAventura has a tradition of not adding unnecessary seatbelts. In fact, when Dragon Khan opened, it didn't have any belts, just the OTSR. And Cedar Fair having belts to their hypercoasters was a corporate decision; B&M manufactures the trains without them, it's CF that wants them implemented...

Screamscape says this:

(9/6/16) A new Flying Theater from Brogent Technologies will apparently be part of the Ferrari Land experience when it opens at the PortAventura resort next season. I don’t know much more about it, though I do believe there is a flying theater attraction in the original Ferrari World in Abu Dhabi as well, so this could be similar.

So now we are starting to have some clue about the mysterious Ferrari Experience.

Screamscape says this:
(9/6/16) A new Flying Theater from Brogent Technologies will apparently be part of the Ferrari Land experience when it opens at the PortAventura resort next season. I don’t know much more about it, though I do believe there is a flying theater attraction in the original Ferrari World in Abu Dhabi as well, so this could be similar.

So now we are starting to have some clue about the mysterious Ferrari Experience.

Soarin' Over Italy in your Ferrari?

By the way, I also saw that in capte people was talking about Portaventuras's website, as they have added a new tab which is about the prices of Ferrari Land. There aren't any numbers by the moment, but there are two rows. I think one will be separate admision and the other one a combo with PA. What do you think?

capferrarilandsales.thumb.png.89698aa6d785b3aa037095edf3ce3158.png

^ Gorgeous train! Definitely TTD-inspired, and the OTRS lap bars look a lot freer and more comfy than Ka's conventional configuration. This thread and the coaster itself have come a long way from the "..wha...is it melting?" panic button that was being pressed months ago.

These are definitely Taron-style train!

The only thing I don't understand is if the seat are suspended like the coaster in Phantasialand (floorless with floor lol) or not.

It's very difficult to say as the lateral part of the train is covered.

Anyway, I loved the freedom feeling of taron trains, so it will be certainly improve the experience on the ride.

• 4 weeks later...