TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PortAventura Discussion Thread

I'm quite worried about how the lines will go. They said that the coaster has a theorical capacity of 1200 pph, but that means that there will be... a launch after 30 seconds from the last one?

And there are also two other problems:

- Will PA have the trains working all the time?

- Will they improve their operations?

If they don't do anything, the lines will be larger than the coaster.

Not gonna lie, I don't dig the modern Intamin single spine. I think Skyrush and I305 looks fantastic with double spine throughout the entire coaster, but changing spine types mid way through the ride (yes I understand single spine is more cost effective for lower stress areas, and double spine would be overkill for most of the ride) looks really odd. This is only aesthetically speaking, so I'm not saying I don't like the coaster; to be clear, I just don't like how it looks.

I haven't been following this too closely but I was bummed they didn't go for worlds tallest and fastest (if that would be allowed without height restrictions or anything), but considering the cost and reliability difference for this type of launch and trains, I guess they save a lot more than just on structure.

Looking great!

I have a feeling this is going to be a huge hit. It's the only ride of it's kind in Europe and the GP absolutely loves Top Thrill and Kingda Ka in the States. I've met several people who travelled from Europe just to ride Kingda Ka, and now they will have the most reliable and efficient version of the ride. It may not be as tall but compared to Europe's other coasters it's massive, amd best of all it will make the line for Furius Baco shorter

I also prefer the look of the double spine because it's classic Intamin, but I feel like this track will save the park a lot of money that can now be used on maintaining the ride

Those two are GIANT...

I think those are actually 4 separate pieces that have already been connected together in pairs to make lifting them in place easier. If you look closely you can see what appears to be the sections where they are connected together.

Today Port Aventura emited a press note: (Don't mind about the grammar, just Google Traductor)

The new tallest roller coaster in Europe has now reached its peak

The new attraction will beat a double European record for being the tallest roller coaster

(112 meters) and fastest (180 km / h).

This milestone marks a decisive step in the construction of Ferrari Land, the park

theme that faithfully reproduce the essence of the Prancing Horse.

The arrival of Ferrari Land will make a destination PortAventura World

holiday worldwide reference for its offer of 3 theme parks in one resort.

PortAventura, 26 February 2016.- PortAventura World Parks & Resort continues

with the works of what will be the great attraction of Ferrari Land, the new theme park

dedicated to the Prancing Horse, which will be part of the offer family leisure resort.

This morning, the construction of which will be the highest roller coaster in Europe has

achieved one of its most complex milestones with placing its highest point (112 meters).

A team of experts has been commissioned to manually screw the last piece and

calibrate and adjust the structure, in an action of extreme complexity that has needed

the use of two cranes over 120 meters high. Luis Carlos Valencia, Director of

PortAventura development, explained that "like it is in the case of Shambhala

an absolutely determined by the optimum conditions of wind "surgery.

The accelerator Ferrari Land will become, thus, on the highest roller coaster

Europe, beating with its 112 meters high Shambhala (76 meters), located

also at PortAventura World Parks & Resort. The accelerator constitute a whole

experience for lovers of speed: Passengers are subject to all

feelings of formula 1 with an acceleration of 180 km / h in just 5 seconds, the

Immediately G. equivalent to 1.35 will be driven vertically to reach

112 meters then back to plummet, with a maximum inclination of 90o.

Closely inspired by the experiences of F1, the attraction will be completely

Painted in tone "Rosso Corso", the charismatic and exclusive red Ferrari.

A draft record

The vertical accelerator Ferrari Land records the history that has characterized adds

PortAventura Parks throughout its 20 year history. Ferrari Land will occupy 60,000

square meters and will have exciting new attractions with high

component technology and adrenaline, mainly for families and the

fans of the Ferrari brand of all ages.

"The great challenge of development team PortAventura Resort has been to create a project

faithfully reproduce the essence of Ferrari but always respecting the imagination of

dream trips that characterizes PortAventura Parks "adds Luis Carlos Valencia.

Ferrari Land is the most important project in the history of PortAventura Resort, with a

close to 100 million euros investment. More than 50 companies involved in the

various phases of the project and it is expected that once opened, will generate up to 150 jobs

work, direct and indirect.

The completion of the construction of Ferrari Land is scheduled for late 2016 and

Once opened, PortAventura World Parks & Resort hopes to reach 5 million

annual visits

Technical data

-> It will be a roller coaster he will bring us to the speed experienced by pilots during Formula One races.

-> The tour of the attraction will be more than 880 meters and lasts 180 seconds.

-> You will have 3 trains, with 12 places each.

-> The attraction will beat two European records:

1. highest roller coaster in Europe (112 meters)

2. Rollercoaster fastest (180 km / h)

^^Thanks for sharing the pictures, getting close to finished now. Looking forward to see the final result.

The coaster seems to be pretty far from the Shambala/Dragon Khan Skyline

Well, it is in a seperate theme park so....

You think that is straight?

It's definitely not straight, but at least it doesn't matter in this area since it's only storage track.

But while we're on the topic of "wobbly track", I was looking through the pictures on the previous page and I noticed this. Even from this angle you can clearly see the "waves" in the track. I'm curious to see if they will fix it before the ride opens, or how the ride experience will be if they leave it as is...

12321412_10153980004339394_1421480014579486246_n.jpg?oh=75b2a3ae2a36aacd95e2dc04eaaa7e92&oe=576F255C

You think that is straight?

It's definitely not straight, but at least it doesn't matter in this area since it's only storage track.

But while we're on the topic of "wobbly track", I was looking through the pictures on the previous page and I noticed this. Even from this angle you can clearly see the "waves" in the track. I'm curious to see if they will fix it before the ride opens, or how the ride experience will be if they leave it as is...

12321412_10153980004339394_1421480014579486246_n.jpg?oh=75b2a3ae2a36aacd95e2dc04eaaa7e92&oe=576F255C

Tighten the screws influence on the undulations?

Just in case anyone had any doubts about the capability of this coaster to suck even more:

I know:

Oh, Intamin, you never fail to disappoint!