TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PortAventura Discussion Thread

Nice that they'll have a place to watch the trains accelerate like TTD. The launch track looks a bit shorter than I thought, but maybe it's just the angle.

Also I wonder why the LSMs are more spaced further down the track. Wouldn't it be possible to get a better acceleration if they were all right next to each other?

"oriolat2" on Coaster Force has shared some details about potential pricing for Ferrari Land from a recent online survey sent out:

- 1-day ticket FerrariLand: 35-40 €

- 1-day ticket PortAventura: 45 €

- 1-day park-hopper PA/FL: 60 €

- 2-day park-hopper PA/FL (consecutive days): 65 €

On-site hotels won't have unlimited entry to FerrariLand, but guests staying in them will have the option to get in for 35 €.

So for the low, low price of €35 you can ride a lame, slightly out of shape, launch coaster and a couple of shot towers. Yeah!

Wow, I thought it would be 20-25 Euros for a single entry ticket.

Guess they aren't really going for the day visitor they want you to buy a two day ticket, which at 65 Euros isn't too bad but in reality if there isn't a pretty decent dark ride in that main building I can't see many people paying 25 Euros extra just for the coaster after the initial rush.

I expect there will be discounts after the first year.

But that's a difficult thing for parks to figure out. How high can a park raise their prices before they begin to lose business? Do they shoot for the moon, to make their spaces seem like "exclusive" or "luxury" experiences, or do they dial it back, getting less guests with deep pockets but more "normal" people?

Honestly I think it might stop me from going, but if that's the price they want to charge, and they think people will pay it, then that's their prerogative. I've been on TTD and Kingda Ka, so the coaster isn't a huge draw for me, but that won't be the case for a LOT of Port Aventura visitors.

I guess PA have had to pay a pretty princely sum to use the Ferrari branding so the high charge is to bankroll that and probably part of their agreement with Ferrari in that they get a certain percentage or something like that.

I bet the park will have a great first year because of the name, and of course the huge coaster, but I think the park will have to invest heavily to maintain people's attention once they realise it's not a full day park.

Honestly I think it might stop me from going, but if that's the price they want to charge, and they think people will pay it, then that's their prerogative. I've been on TTD and Kingda Ka, so the coaster isn't a huge draw for me, but that won't be the case for a LOT of Port Aventura visitors.

I guess PA have had to pay a pretty princely sum to use the Ferrari branding so the high charge is to bankroll that and probably part of their agreement with Ferrari in that they get a certain percentage or something like that.

I bet the park will have a great first year because of the name, and of course the huge coaster, but I think the park will have to invest heavily to maintain people's attention once they realise it's not a full day park.

I agree with everything you said. Once you've been on TTD or KingdaKa (my case), this just becomes a +1. It doesn't have any special features (even less, since it won't have the 270º downwards spiral).

I bet if they start losing money or the park loses appeal, they'll just connect FerrariLand to the existing park and call it "new area", which wouldn't be so far-off since Mediterranea is right next to FL (plus Catalan and Italian villas are not that different in the end), so even theme-wise it wouldn't be that bad. I am just worried about Furius Baco; the only connecting bit between the main park and FL is that area... and when the new Intamin opens, Furius Baco might be on the cards to get the axe if they need the land.

I guess I just don't understand why I would ever pay 35€ for this when for 10€ more I could go to the park next door and actually fill my entire day with dozens of rides. Hell, even with the combo pass, unless there's direct access from PortAventura, it just seems like a hassle to shuttle between the two in the middle of your day.

This being a separate gate makes absolutely no sense to me at all, unless next year they're going to pull a Ferrari World and add three roller coasters and a dark ride and such - THEN I might consider paying to go.

They haven't given anything away about what's in the large building in the centre, there has to be a ride or two. There can't really be just the main coaster, a couple of S&S towers and the go-karts.

There must be something for younger kids as at the minute there is no reason to visit if you have kids under probably 1.3 meters which is about 8-10 years old. I think the car thing is a go-kart track so they won't allow young kids on there.

I'm betting that huge building will hold the kids rides from the Abu Dhabi park (teacups, driving through Italy thing, soft play) and a dark ride, probably the flight one.

I am just worried about Furius Baco; the only connecting bit between the main park and FL is that area... and when the new Intamin opens, Furius Baco might be on the cards to get the axe if they need the land.

Sorry if this has been discussed as I haven't been paying too much attention to this one, but will it have the twist down the drop like Dragster and Ka? Also, the new Intamin track style is weird.

Sorry if this has been discussed as I haven't been paying too much attention to this one, but will it have the twist down the drop like Dragster and Ka? Also, the new Intamin track style is weird.

No. If you look at the track connectors, it looks like it will do a 90º twist just like Xcelerator or Stealth.

And am I the only one who thinks that 3 trains holding 12 riders is not enough for such a big ride? I mean, both Dragster and KK pull long queues despite having higher capacity trains. I doubt this will be any different, and considering the "stellar" operations at PA, I predict that this will be a nightmare to get on...

You know for a coaster that apparently opens in 2017 this is pretty far.

Also Wow thats tall, I love it.

This will also act as a reminder for guests visiting the park this year that they have a big reason to come back in 2017. This will sell a lot of tickets and passes...