TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PortAventura Discussion Thread

From here on out, if we ever want to refer to "the funky Shambhala helix thing," how about we just type an ampersand? Like, "Hey, that ride could really use an &!" Because they look exactly the same!

I thought exactly the same the first time I saw the element. It really looks like an ampersand!

^^I agree, but I think the color difference really helps Khan stand out. Especially from this angle, with its vertical loop dead center between the first two hills of Shambala. It does look diminished, but it still stands out a lot to me, especially with the new paint. Overall, I like the way these coasters look together.

From a hardcore Dragon Khan fan (see my screen name): Don't forget you'll never get to see the coasterS from this angle once in the park. When approaching Khan and climbing the fake Great Wall of China, Khan will still be just in front of you, with only the 2 lift hills superposed on each other, and Shambhala heads on your right at once after the first drop has been negociated. Basically, Khan straight ahead, Shamby on your right. Don't get me wrong, I would have PREFERED both rides NOT to be on top of each other, but it will be a lot less "shocking" once in the park. REALLY, only the lift / drop of Khan will be a bit "disfigured". Someone also mentionned the drop tower losing its credibility. Those who have been to the park will realise at once that they won't be seen together from a lot of spots...

I didn't really notice the ampersand resemblance myself until the last few updates, but now, it almost seems like it was intentionally designed that way. Looking at that artful helix actually gives me pause, as some of the massive B&M Mega turns still unnerve me. The dive out of it looks like great fun.

Hammerhead+Helix= ampersand turn around/helix/hammerhead type thing.

It looks like a hammerhead, but like a wraparound/reverse one. because it hits the high banking like the hammerheads do, and kinda resembles the Intimidator hammerhead but takes the cross over further and and wraps completely around.

I have no idea what to call this element, but it's a gorgeous element.

Update. The speed hill has been completed and the second camelback is starting to go up!

I reckon that this hill will be erected in no time and there are "only" a couple more hills to hit the MCBR. My bet is that PA were behind schedule but the people from RCS have been working around the clock to complete the installation on time to start testing as expected: in mid April.

Source: Jhona from PAFans.com